Photo

Using Cellphones in T&C

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

Hi everyone! Just wondering if there is a special card you can purchase to use your cell in T&C or if you just need to pay additional charges. I want to use my phone as little as possible however on days we know people are arriving I would like to keep it close but I don't want an outrageous bill when I get home.

Thanks!
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#2 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
    • 235 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

Me and FI went to T&C in early 2008 and he had service with his blackberry on the sprint network. I would call your service provider and see if you can use it as roaming. You might not have to make any additional purchases if you have the right kind of phone. Good luck!
      ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#3 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
      • Vendor
      • 336 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

Our main cell services are Cable and Wireless (now they're calling themselves LIME) and Digicel. Most people don't have service when they get here or it's quite expensive if they do. You can get a pay as you go sim card on arrival, LIME's office is near Susie's Turn to the Marina and Digicel is located in the complex next to the main IGA grocery store. Check with your cell provider to see about international service, and see if you need to do anything, if you get here and it's not working, stop by one of the offices and get a pay as you go sim card.

Hope that helps.

Krys

#4 Girasole

Girasole
        • 757 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

Thanks everyone!
          Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#5 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
          • 2,458 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

So what did you end doing about your cell phone Chrissy? I know I still have a little while before I need to worry about this but just wanted to see what you did and how it worked out for you.
            Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users