Sign in to follow this  
Shakara

Personalized Beach Towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakara View Post
thanks Jess... i guess my concern is rhinestones coming off or the iron decals coming off... but that a good idea doing it just for the wedding party I wish there didn't have to be a minimum for getting these towels. The robes are also good idea that would be really cute if we are all in them getting ready for the wedding lol Where did you get your robes?
The robes are from Sierra Trading Post ? Great Deals. Great Brands. I believe. We took them somewhere in town to have them embroidered.

Hi ladies, I bought towels over the weekend to embroider and give to our guests, and it was CHEAPER than what you think it is....

I bought the towels at Kohls for $2.70 a piece (* 11 towels = $32.15 w/ tax)

Brought them to get embroidered today for $5.00 a piece ($55.00 w/ tax)

Total cost for project = 87.15

The towels I bought are really nice, and I just bought them on sale. The lady I brought them to embroider does work for the company that I'm at and I have a working relationship with her. She did give me a bit of a deal, but I don't think embroidery is as expensive as you think it is, especially if you have someone do it locally.

We decided to do the towels because a) we're not having a lot of people and B) we're not doing OOT bags or anything else, so we thought this would be a nice gesture. However, I don't think this is the way to go if you're having a lot of guests or if you can't find a good deal. If you can find a way to have these done at a reasonable price then I would totally go for it, otherwise I would save the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
Hi ladies, I bought towels over the weekend to embroider and give to our guests, and it was CHEAPER than what you think it is....

I bought the towels at Kohls for $2.70 a piece (* 11 towels = $32.15 w/ tax)
Brought them to get embroidered today for $5.00 a piece ($55.00 w/ tax)
Total cost for project = 87.15

The towels I bought are really nice, and I just bought them on sale. The lady I brought them to embroider does work for the company that I'm at and I have a working relationship with her. She did give me a bit of a deal, but I don't think embroidery is as expensive as you think it is, especially if you have someone do it locally.

We decided to do the towels because a) we're not having a lot of people and B) we're not doing OOT bags or anything else, so we thought this would be a nice gesture. However, I don't think this is the way to go if you're having a lot of guests or if you can't find a good deal. If you can find a way to have these done at a reasonable price then I would totally go for it, otherwise I would save the money.

thanks for the info... i really really appreciate it. Yea that is a really good deal. I looked around but I can't find any embroider places around here and we have over 20ppl coming sooo I'm just gonna scrap the towel idea... But now I have TONS of other ideas soo its okay! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciel2820 View Post
I think youre actually getting a great deal with the towels because Ive worked with embroidery companies before and they can be very expensive, some even charge a set up fee.

If you're interested in getting the robes for you bridal party go to
Smarty Pants Boutique Custom Bridal gifts and more

And for your guest I saw mugs on ebay (blue) but very low price.
16 oz. Travel Mug w/ Thumbslide Open Top-LOT-36/Case - eBay (item 330311775201 end time Mar-27-10 15:46:07 PDT)
thanks for posting the link to the mugs- i went straight to the site and ordered them. so glad to finally be done with looking for inexpensive mugs!! thank you!!

Hey Shakara! I also was going to buy towels from cotton fruit and changed my mind last minute. Not only are you paying for the towel, you have to pay for shipping, the embroidery, and then all the extra suitcases it will take to get them there.

We opted out of them last minute and Im soo happy we did! We did OOT bags with cups and a hangover kit and other small things as special gifts to our guests and they loved them. I just thought $8 something for a towel was pricey. IMO!

Good luck!

My cousin gave out personalized towels and they were a big hit!  People are still using them over a year later.  I'm not sure if she ordered them from cotton fruit, but they were really nice.