That's terrible.  Some people just don't understand! 

My sister basically did the same thing to me.  She told me that she doesn't want to come to my wedding and that she doesn't support it.  THEN she went ahead and booked her room.  I guess she just didn't want to be my maid of honor.  How dare she.  

Originally Posted by JLR1726 View Post

It must be super stressful when you get down to less than a month! I am sure you will work it all out and everything will be lovely.

So, just a little vent. I get married in about 3 1/2 months. I asked two friends to be bridesmaids and recently just got a text....a TEXT, from one of them saying that she isnt coming!!! She has lied to me for the past 6 months saying that she booked and got her airfare. meanwhile, I bought her dress for her, bought many gifts to put in her welcome bag and lended her money. where that money is, WHO KNOWS! when I asked her why she lied to me she told me to "Fu*k off" and hung up on me. SUPER Classy.

At this point it is too late to ask anyone else to stand in so I am left with just one girl, a dress that I cant return and gifts that I guess i will have to keep. I am hoping that is the only drama I will have LOL.

Life goes on! smile159.gif

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I checked MANY things off of my to do list today! Groom and Groomsmen outfits ordered!  **** Men's wearhouse is having a buy one get one free sale!!  Flowers chosen!  I love making a dent!

How frustrating is it that we are just 6 nights away from 60 nights!!!

Does anyone know the exact cost for upgrading to a reception instead of having a cocktail hour?  My WC is not clear when she explains it.  I think that with 24 people coming it will cost me something like $640 for the reception .

I decided to have everyone meet at a close by bar for the cocktail hour instead.  This saves us a lot of $$ since we are JUST missing our free reception. 

Also, is anyone doing a special type of ceremony?  I have seen the sand, candle, but I was thinking about something unique like the Lazo ceremony to make it special since we're going to be in Mexico.  

Rae, Since you only have 23 guests you probably don't need too many maracas. The gift shop at the MP sells them. I saw 3 sizes and the medium sized ones were like 2 for $5. Not bad. I am sure you could get them cheaper on the street or bring them with you but maybe its not bad since it will save you the hassle. They are pretty nice too:-)

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

**** Does anyone know if I can have some decorations shipped right to Moon Palace?

I wanted to order those UFO Lanterns but I am nervous that I won't be able to fly with them.

It would be very easy if I could get them shipped there.

Also,

Does anyone know a good place to get the maracas ?

I see that oriental trading has some that I can paint.  I liked this because they'll be our colors BUT they look way too small.  They are only 5 inches.

Ahhhh....we leave in 4 weeks and I have SOOOO much to do!

I checked MANY things off of my to do list today! Groom and Groomsmen outfits ordered!  **** Men's wearhouse is having a buy one get one free sale!!  Flowers chosen!  I love making a dent!

Does anyone know the exact cost for upgrading to a reception instead of having a cocktail hour?  My WC is not clear when she explains it.  I think that with 24 people coming it will cost me something like $640 for the reception .

I decided to have everyone meet at a close by bar for the cocktail hour instead.  This saves us a lot of $$ since we are JUST missing our free reception. 

Also, is anyone doing a special type of ceremony?  I have seen the sand, candle, but I was thinking about something unique like the Lazo ceremony to make it special since we're going to be in Mexico.  

Here is the infomation I have about Cocktail Hour and Reception costs. 

Cocktail party after cermony:

From 10 to 20  $400

From 21 to 30  $600

From 31 to 40  $800

From 41 to 50  $1000

Above prices include a 1 hour cocktail reception, open bar, and hors d'oeuvres

Private Wedding Reception:

$400 per table of 10 guests

Includes standard decor

Event includes function space, menu, 2 hours of open bar service

I decided to have everyone meet at a close by bar for the cocktail hour instead.  This saves us a lot of $$ since we are JUST missing our free reception

Just a thought, maybe somewhat extreme...however, maybe booking a room for the 6 nights would cost less than what you would pay for a reception?  I don't know how the math would work out.  But, there are extra benefits that go along with the 60 nights (including free nights for bride and groom).  It may be worth looking into booking the cheapest possible room for 6 nights and 'eat' that cost, in order to get the other freebies that go along with it?? 

Hi everyone, I need advice about where to book our dinner reservations for our reception dinner. To save money, we are not doing a private event and since we have only 20 guests we thought a dinner reservation would work fine. Has anyone else done this? What restaurant(s) do you recommend for the dinner reservation? It would be nice to have a place that is semi-private, so we can still hear well enough to do toasts, etc. I'm thinking we could head to a bar or club afterwards for some dancing. Thanks so much! This forum has been really helpful to me so far.

We were able to finalize our AHR date (FINALLY)!!!! Now my question to you ladies is, will you send out STD to the AHR?  I can't decide what to do most of my Fiances family is out of state and might not hear about it right away but we could always send out the invites earlier than normal like 3 months maybe?? I need some help! Input please! :)wacko.gif

Hi Ladies!!  I have been getting on here randomly for the past year but have never posted.  We leave in 3 weeks!  Ahhhh getting married 6 pm on beach on Aug 20.  Anyone else?  I am so excited and didn't plan much until the last month now it's been cram time!!  I have had a lot of information from the Miami rep and my WC so let me know if I can help in any way!!  My WC is Karlena and Miami rep is Marlyn.  We have 46 people and 116 nights but it has been hectic, some still haven't booked!!!  Anyways if I can help or if anyone will be there I would love to meet you all!!