Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#931 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

My wedding is booked and paid for 9-3-2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to marry my baby ;)

#932 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
    • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

Im booked for 9-3-2011 at Moon Palace!! Just looking for a photographer now. I really dont want to pay that much but I saw bad reviews for the resorts photographers. Any referrals?

#933 SChica927

SChica927
      • 230 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

So I know Zuniga has them (they gave me a quote), but Zuniga's kind of expensive. We're using them for all of our other events, so I'm trying to get a handle on what MP has or doesn't have "in-house" before going to an outside vendor... thanks!

I haven't heard from my WC... she said she'll "be in touch" and I haven't heard from her since. We definitely have time till our wedding, but we also have a ton of events to plan... so I'm getting antsy that she won't answer basic questions...

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

My understanding is that Moon Palace uses Zuniga as thier 'in-house' decorator anyhow.  So, even if you reserve these items from your MP WC, they will then outsource those requests to Zuniga.  As far as answering your question, I'm not sure :(  But I would be willing to bet Zuniga can get them.  They are no small operation.

#934 Bride KSmith

Bride KSmith
        • Site Supporter
        • 144 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Georgia Peach, I went with La Luna which is a sub company of Del Sol. Matt from Del Sol was actually once here in Georgia (I realized that when I saw a 678 area code on an email) for some reason that made me more comfortable. So far they have been an absolute joy to work with (just based off communication alone).

#935 kiwimel

kiwimel
          • 79 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:19 AM

Georgia - we are using La Luna as well - Matt Adcock is A MAZE ING.  So professional!  Have a look at the website and I can promise you will be impressed!

#936 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

I just got a message from our WC. Apparently, there is a new justice of peace and he is very strict with paper work and ceremony. She suggested we change our plans and get legally married here and just do symbolic there. The new JoP will not allow any script changes, no family readings, no sand ceremony, etc. She also said that witnesses have to be there 48 business hours in advance. I guess this is the snag in plans that we knew would eventually come along

#937 catherine1982neil

catherine1982neil
              • Site Supporter
              • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married at the Moon Palace on May12th. I'm having huge problems getting anyone from the Miami office to respond. I was dealing with Pilar Fernedez but shes now gone. I am palace resort member but was wondering if anyone had any contacts at the miami office they could give me who responds to emails.

Many thanks

#938 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

Hi Catherine,

Our wedding date is April 22nd and no one has responded to any emails since Pilar left. The person that took over our account was Lisa Lizano but she hasn't answered anything either. Her phone extension is 6012. I'm completely upset about the way the reservations department handled the situation. No one has ever apologized for the issues.

Thank goodness we have Claudia on site who has been excellent.

#939 catherine1982neil

catherine1982neil
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hi Mochamakes3,

We had an email saying Lisa Lizano will answer you but that was about a month ago. I've emailed Lisa Lizano and even gone through the generic email address on the palace resort website. It's so frustrating, have you tried telephoning Lisa before? does she answer?

#940 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

Catherine,

I have only received one email from her about a month ago when I left a phone message asking for an updated rooming list. FI tried calling last month and only got through to her when he said was calling to pay for his parents reservation. She is always "on the phone." It's horrible. I hope you don't experience too much more frustration. Aside from reservations, everything else is done through your on site coordinator. Do you have their contact information?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users