Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#891 blondy

blondy
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by kyndall 

Has anyone heard anything about the videographer?  I wasn't planning on getting one but my Grandparents and some of my cousins can't come to the wedding so I thought it would be nice so they could see the ceremony.

Yes, I am just in the process of booking the videographer now for the ceremony.  We decided to do it because we could use the Vacation dollars credit for it ($500) otherwise we would have passed.  Not sure how good it will be.

We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

#892 LCQ1401

LCQ1401
    • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

I was just wondering how the weddings that have already taken place at the MP went?? I'm a 2012 bride just waiting not so patiently on brochures coming out so i can get booked up! I'm so excited have so many questions lol it sgd to read what needs to be done aswell and whats on offer! Gd luck for all the weddings still to take place & congrats to the couples that are already Mr & Mrs

#893 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
      • Site Supporter
      • 261 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

Also, they will do a live webcast of the ceremony for you for like $249.  That is always an option.  I think we are going to go that route for family members who aren't able to travel but would like to see the ceremony live.

Has anyone heard anything about the videographer?  I wasn't planning on getting one but my Grandparents and some of my cousins can't come to the wedding so I thought it would be nice so they could see the ceremony.

#894 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
        • Site Supporter
        • 261 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

They ok'd you to use your $500 resort credit for the videographer?  Thats strange.  My understanding is that you could put the resort credit towards your wedding package, but you could not use it on additional options.  They have so many different rules based on who you speak to over there.  Its becoming frustrating. 

Originally Posted by blondy 

Yes, I am just in the process of booking the videographer now for the ceremony.  We decided to do it because we could use the Vacation dollars credit for it ($500) otherwise we would have passed.  Not sure how good it will be.

#895 blondy

blondy
          • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

Yes, you can apply the credit to photography and videography, per my wc and the smile market website.

#896 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
            • Site Supporter
            • 261 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

Thank you for that info.  We are hiring an outside photographer, but if we can use resort credit for the DVD video, why not?  Thanks!

Originally Posted by blondy 

Yes, you can apply the credit to photography and videography, per my wc and the smile market website.

#897 blondy

blondy
              • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

Thank you for that info.  We are hiring an outside photographer, but if we can use resort credit for the DVD video, why not?  Thanks!

You're welcome!

#898 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                • 710 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

That's good to know! Thank you for the info.

#899 kyndall

kyndall
                  • 151 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

Have you told them you are using an outside photographer?  I am too and I was just wondering what their rules were about that.  I mentioned to my WC that I was bringing some of my own decorations and she said there was a set up fee for that...about $55.  It's one of my friends that is staying for 4 nights so I might not even bring it up to them.

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

#900 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 261 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Here is the exact quote from my Miami contact Wedding Sales Executive.

"I can’t write in the contract that you could use outside vendors because you could only use an outside photographer and they would need to either stay at the resort or purchase a wedding day pass. """"  

I copied and pasted that from an email she sent me.

Have you told them you are using an outside photographer?  I am too and I was just wondering what their rules were about that.  I mentioned to my WC that I was bringing some of my own decorations and she said there was a set up fee for that...about $55.  It's one of my friends that is staying for 4 nights so I might not even bring it up to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users