Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#821 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:11 AM

akotha, Some other brides suggested Alberto, that's who I requested.

#822 Kristibear

Kristibear
    • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

How far in advance should we start booking these services? Do they allow you to book 10 months out?

#823 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I think they only book 2-3 months in advance, and you have to have your reservation paid in full.

#824 Blue&StarfishBride

Blue&StarfishBride
        • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hi everyone!

A couple of questions:

First has anyone gotten their hair done?

Second, what is everyone doing for flowers? Has anyone used Maya Diseno with a guy named Marvin? If you did can you tell me how it was? I am worried he might not show up or the quality would be poor. He looks good and his price is great!

Thanks!

131 guests booked and 54 rooms... Cancun here we come!

June 24, 2011

#825 Grace13

Grace13
          • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

I do not know anyone who has had their hair done but I have read that if you bring pictures they can pretty much do the style in the picture. I have also read that they really do not speak English well so I would definitely bring pics!

#826 NA2015

NA2015
            • 170 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

Yup! Just bring tons of photos of your hair and your make-up too if you are getting it done as well. :o)

Originally Posted by Grace13 

I do not know anyone who has had their hair done but I have read that if you bring pictures they can pretty much do the style in the picture. I have also read that they really do not speak English well so I would definitely bring pics!

#827 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

It doesn't matter who is doing your hair and/or makeup, or the language they speak, it is always best to bring pictures. It is the easiest way to show what you want.

#828 Kristibear

Kristibear
                • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Ok, good to know. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

I think they only book 2-3 months in advance, and you have to have your reservation paid in full.

#829 akotha

akotha
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

Alright I am getting paranoid.  I keep reading bad reviews of Palace hair and makeup experiences.. not necessarily MP.  I have yet to see a good review.. can someone point me in the direction of one??  I'm also looking into bringing someone in to do my hair/makeup.. did I read that they have to also have a day pass purchased for them??  I just don't think I can factor that charge into my already over-budget-budget. 

#830 alison15

alison15
                    • 356 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:48 AM

I had a great experience with my hair.  I didn't have them do my makeup b/c I never like it when someone does my make up.  But for my hair I brought 3 pictures, 2 of the same hair, different views and 1 of a different style that I wanted incorporated into the other style.  I just explained that I wanted the front like the one picture and the sides and back like the other 2 pictures and she did it perfectly.  I loved my hair.  I did not request anyone special. I was in the Nizuc salon.  All of my bridesmaids loved their hair as well.  2 brought in hair to add and they did well with that too.

If you are that concerned, you may want to consider going somewhere in Cancun to get your hair done at a salon down in the hotel zone.  It's only a $20 cab ride so it would end up being cheaper than bringing someone in.  As long as you have time in the morning to head out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users