Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#601 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

Hi MP Brides! 

Another question. How far in advance did you book airfare?

I know airfare is always a crapshoot. One day it's 350, the next it's 650. No rhyme or reason to it. Right now, I'm looking at airfare and I'm hoping that there will be more flight options and better prices down the line. For now, everything I'm seeing is expensive and requires 10 hours of travel, layovers, etc. Funny enough, I read some posts where people were complaining about 350 rt, nonstop tickets. I would JUMP on that in a heartbeat!!

Thanks for the input!  

#602 JLR1726

JLR1726
    • 187 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

how many nights do you have to book in order to get complimentary cocktail hour and reception?

#603 NA2015

NA2015
      • 170 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Here ya go! :o)

5-9 rooms or 15 room nights = 1 cocktail (function areas are assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

10-19 rooms or 30 room nights = 2 nights comp + 1 cocktail (function areas area assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

20-24 rooms or 60 room nights = 4 comp nights + 1 private function

25 + rooms or 75 room nights = 7 comp nights  + unlimited private function + one room upgrade  for the bride and groom to the next available room category

#604 JLR1726

JLR1726
        • 187 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

thanks! this is a pretty great deal! Now I just have to get people to book!

Originally Posted by nabreu7 

5-9 rooms or 15 room nights = 1 cocktail (function areas are assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

10-19 rooms or 30 room nights = 2 nights comp + 1 cocktail (function areas area assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

25 + rooms or 75 room nights = 7 comp nights  + unlimited private function + one room upgrade  for the bride and groom to the next available room category

#605 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
          • 710 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

thanks! this is a pretty great deal! Now I just have to get people to book!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nabreu7 

Stalk all of them!! LOL

#606 MoonPalace2012

MoonPalace2012
            • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

HI everybody, My name is Amanda and I just got engaged on Christmas. After reading many reviews, I have decided to go with Moon Palace and I am very excited! :)

I am not a birde until March 2012, but thats okay, if anyone has any ideas or any details I should know about, it would be greatly appreciated!

#607 MoonPalace2012

MoonPalace2012
              • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

I am still confused on the whole package deal. I am thinking of chose the Diamond... maybe a bit cheaper, but I didn't think I had to pay more for the actual wedding? Its just going to be a renewal of vows as we are getting legally married here the day before we leave so we don't have to pay for the blood tests. Does anyone know if that would be paid for in the package?

Thank you!

#608 missook

missook
                • 163 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Moon Palace bride here!!  Wedding date 1/15/11.  We are only two weeks away!

#609 JennW818

JennW818
                  • 267 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

That's so exciting!! Congrats.

Originally Posted by missook 

Moon Palace bride here!!  Wedding date 1/15/11.  We are only two weeks away!

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

#610 msjesslee

msjesslee
                    • 165 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

I booked my airfare from LAX for around $400. I wasn't able to find RT flights because Mexicana went out of business, so all the flights available had layovers. I think, Virgin America, (possibly non-stop) is now flying to Cancun. I'd check out as many websites as possible. We had a group booking with Airtran but they canceled the whole flight with no other options. So now are are flying American Airlines.

I've had people book 6 months (which got canceled), 4 months, and 2 months before. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Vettiebean 

Hi MP Brides! 

Another question. How far in advance did you book airfare?

I know airfare is always a crapshoot. One day it's 350, the next it's 650. No rhyme or reason to it. Right now, I'm looking at airfare and I'm hoping that there will be more flight options and better prices down the line. For now, everything I'm seeing is expensive and requires 10 hours of travel, layovers, etc. Funny enough, I read some posts where people were complaining about 350 rt, nonstop tickets. I would JUMP on that in a heartbeat!!

Thanks for the input!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users