Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#571 maykaym4

maykaym4
  • Newbie
  • 44 posts

    Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

    I'm getting married 2/13/11.  Like you guys, I heard some iffy reviews about the DJ services at MP, so I decided to go with the iPod dock, since they give you a tech to go along with it and the mic....AND you get to save a TON of money.  The DJ just wasn't worth it to me. 

     

    We are also taking song requests from our guests.  I think I saw that on a post from a few months ago and thought it was a great idea!



    #572 NA2015

    NA2015
    • Jr. Member
    • 170 posts

      Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

      How much is it for the Ipod Dock with the DJ and mic? Thanks.



      #573 JLR1726

      JLR1726
      • Jr. Member
      • 187 posts

        Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:45 AM


        who will be introducing you guys when you walk into the reception, first dance, etc, etc?

         

        that is my only concern.
         

        Originally Posted by maykaym4 

        I'm getting married 2/13/11.  Like you guys, I heard some iffy reviews about the DJ services at MP, so I decided to go with the iPod dock, since they give you a tech to go along with it and the mic....AND you get to save a TON of money.  The DJ just wasn't worth it to me. 

         

        We are also taking song requests from our guests.  I think I saw that on a post from a few months ago and thought it was a great idea!





        #574 JennW818

        JennW818
        • Jr. Member
        • 267 posts

          Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:52 AM


          This is my concern too.  I think the DJ prices are insane and would prefer to go with the ipod system, but I'm not sure that I want one of my guest to make introductions and annoucements. 
           

          Originally Posted by JLR1726 


          who will be introducing you guys when you walk into the reception, first dance, etc, etc?

           

          that is my only concern.
           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by maykaym4 

          I'm getting married 2/13/11.  Like you guys, I heard some iffy reviews about the DJ services at MP, so I decided to go with the iPod dock, since they give you a tech to go along with it and the mic....AND you get to save a TON of money.  The DJ just wasn't worth it to me. 

           

          We are also taking song requests from our guests.  I think I saw that on a post from a few months ago and thought it was a great idea!


           



          Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

          #575 maykaym4

          maykaym4
          • Newbie
          • 44 posts

            Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

            That is my concern, too, but I wasn't willing to pay an extra thousand dollars for it.  I figured worst case scenario, we would have the best man or my father do it.  I actually wrote to my WC about it asking her what most people do for that situation, and as soon as I receive a response I'll post it.



            #576 JennW818

            JennW818
            • Jr. Member
            • 267 posts

              Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

              That would be great!  Thanks!

               

              Originally Posted by maykaym4 

              That is my concern, too, but I wasn't willing to pay an extra thousand dollars for it.  I figured worst case scenario, we would have the best man or my father do it.  I actually wrote to my WC about it asking her what most people do for that situation, and as soon as I receive a response I'll post it.




              Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

              #577 alison15

              alison15
              • Jr. Member
              • 356 posts

                Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

                We did the Ipod dock and speakers. It's more than just and Ipod dock, it was connected to a laptop and the DJ/technican running it could play music from his collection (we were short by 1 song), he just may not have everything you want.  He can make announcements for you if you want, our technican's english was very good.  However, we used our usher to make announcements, he was really excited for it and he is one of the few people who wants to see the wedding DVD to see his performance.  It worked out really well.  We asked friends for song suggestions and got a ton.  Just make sure you have separate labels for everything.  We had "wedding party entrance" "father daugher" "Mother son" "dinner music" "cake cutting song" "dancing music"  everything went really smoothly.  It also comes with lights.  The total was $465.  This was through JSAV. 

                 

                Also if you are getting the DVD from Palace resorts, the videographer used all the music we used without us requesting it, which was really cool.  Kind of a behind the scenes thing.  Worked out really well.

                 

                Let me know if you have any questions.



                #578 mochamakes3

                mochamakes3
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,917 posts

                  Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

                  Thanks Alison, I know you ordered extra lighting, but does the iPod speaker set include any additional lighting?



                  #579 alison15

                  alison15
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 356 posts

                    Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

                     Yes the speaker set comes with lighting too. There were 4 lights that he placed on trees bordering the reception.  These were separate from the other lighting I ordered.  If you look at my review there is a picture, the hanging lanterns were the extra and the lighting on the base tree is what he provided.  If you are having a reception where there are no trees, he has other ways of setting it up.  This is all included in the $465.

                     

                    You can sort of see it in the attached picture (sorry I can't find a better one, I'm at work).  If you notice 2 of the trees are brighter than the middle one, that is his lighting on the trees.  The round lanterns were through Deco.



                    #580 kyndall

                    kyndall
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 151 posts

                      Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

                      I think I am just going to have a friend I trust do it.  I went to a wedding in Cabo and the couple did an ipod.  the WC was going to announce everything but you could tell she was nervous so someone else stepped in.  Just don't let that person get to drunk and dedicate bump and grind to the brides' grandparents.  because that happened at my friends.  We all thought it was funny...her...not so much.
                       

                      Originally Posted by JLR1726 


                      who will be introducing you guys when you walk into the reception, first dance, etc, etc?

                       

                      that is my only concern.
                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by maykaym4 

                      I'm getting married 2/13/11.  Like you guys, I heard some iffy reviews about the DJ services at MP, so I decided to go with the iPod dock, since they give you a tech to go along with it and the mic....AND you get to save a TON of money.  The DJ just wasn't worth it to me. 

                       

                      We are also taking song requests from our guests.  I think I saw that on a post from a few months ago and thought it was a great idea!


                       





                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users