Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#531 blondy

blondy
  • Newbie
  • 133 posts

    Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

    Totally agree with you , Bride KSmith. 

     

    Mochamakes3, I don't think its reasonable to expect a guest to pay more money than they have to by comparison shopping elsewhere. Esp because singles pay more anyway.   If you can get MP to match rates, that's your best option.


    We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

    #532 mochamakes3

    mochamakes3
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,917 posts

      Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

      I will try to negotiate with the membership coordinator. I already had a couple book as soon as they heard what date we were going, so it would be nice if they were also included in our group.

       

      I understand that our guests are spending a lot of money, that's why I've always had the attitude of "I know it's expensive, if you can't afford to attend, we understand." However, when I first asked her to be the MOH she said "No problem, I've been saving for this day and don't care how much it costs, I will be there for you." She has found a friend to travel with her and share a room, and from the beginning I have always said that we would find someone to share a room with her.

       

      I think I'm kind of upset that she had time to shop around for a deal on the resort but she won't make the time to try to find a dress. I'm trying to find dresses that will be affordable for all the BM's but she wants to spend between $300 and $400. I would rather she be in our group in the same section of the resort instead of wear a super expensive dress that isn't any better than something affordable.
       

      Originally Posted by Bride KSmith 


      Try to negotiate with the wedding department. I had originally booked with a travel agent, but my aunt is a member so we got a quote throught the membership department. The reality is that my TA offered a much better deal for our guest. The room rates were cheaper, transfers were included, etc.Because my family members want to book under my aunts membership I did a second contract with the membership wedding coordinator. She was able to combine the rooms of both bookings to count toward my room nights. When it all breaks down I am not getting anything extra for have a member wedding contract. They do offer the 20% off of wedding packages but I am doing the complimentary package so that doesn't help me at all.

       

      You have to keep in mind that this is your wedding not hers. Your guest are spending a lot of money and traveling very far to be apart of your special day. Not only that but she is spending considerably more to come as a single. If it is more affordable for her to book seperately I think you should be understanding of that. I dont think it is reasonable to expect your guest to pay more so that you can save money (something that I had to tell myself lol). Contact the membership department to see if you can get them to count her room in your group booking. Also try to find her a roommate (another friend or relative who is a single).

       

      I have two friends staying off sight because it is cheaper for them. That means that I may not make my room nights, and I may have to pay more. I also have to buy day passes for them to get onto the resort. In the end I rather pay more to have them there, than to make the trip unaffordable for them. It is my wedding so it is my financial responsibility.

       

      If she can rebook under your group (get a refund from the other company) offer to pay the $200 dollar difference. That makes thigns easy for your MOH and is much cheaper than you paying for a private event. But first I would try to negotiate with MP get them to match the rates of the TAs. Most importantly try not to get worked up, the funny thing about planning things is that often dont go as planned :)
       





      #533 NA2015

      NA2015
      • Jr. Member
      • 170 posts

        Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

        We are going through Moon Palace directly, we are asking all of our guests to use our wedding link. We made it known that we need ALL of our guests to book on the LINK only because we need it as part of our wedding package. So far it has worked. The night stay is only $10 cheaper on our link than booking on Expedia and they have to book there flights separate (just like any other trip, book your room and than your flight and it all pretty much adds of the same)  I am not sure how the members option works but I totally understand what your going through on getting your private funchtions paid for by booking more rooms. This is the main reason we chose Moon Palace because it has the best wedding options, to make it easy for the bride/groom.

         

        As far as the dress, maybe you can buy the dresses for them as there Wedding Gifts instead of the usual jewerly gift or flask. (it is a beach wedding so maybe Dillards/Forever 21 with fun bright colors for under $75 dollars) Also, your MOH is suppose to be there for you and help you in anyway, shape or form to make your wedding less stressful. This is your day and not hers, you would be doing whatever she asks if this was her wedding. I would have a talk with her and let it be known that this is your choice to get married at Moon Palace. All of OUR guests have known for years that we were doing a destination and always told them to start saving, so it wasn't a total shocker when he finally put the ring on my finger. I am not doing the traditional bachlorette party in Las Vegas bc I know my girlfriends are saving for my wedding. I added it up for them: Flight: $350, 2 nights $300, shopping $500 and dinner/drinks $500. or they can be at my wedding for 3 nights and 4 days/All-inclusive on the beach. So maybe you should send out an email and let all of your family/friends/wedding party know what you/fiance are asking of them to book on your group link and yes it is a little bit more expensive but you need it for your wedding package and all of your guests will be in the same section of the resort and not separated across the whole resort (it's huge).



        #534 mochamakes3

        mochamakes3
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,917 posts

          Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:43 AM


          Thanks nabreu7 - It's a little different because here in Canada you usually book through a tour operator for a price that includes flights & accommodations. MoH also didn't realize that our rates already included taxes which here in Canada can sometimes be more than your whole trip! I think she tried to book through our wedding coordinator at one point but because Palace resorts is so horrible at responding, she gave up and booked on her own. I did tell her last night that she might end up on the complete opposite end of the resort away from us all. She has known for over a year that we were planning this. I was going to surprise them with their dresses but not if she picks out a $400 dress! I didn't spend that much on my wedding gown. 

           

           

          Originally Posted by nabreu7 

          We are going through Moon Palace directly, we are asking all of our guests to use our wedding link. We made it known that we need ALL of our guests to book on the LINK only because we need it as part of our wedding package. So far it has worked. The night stay is only $10 cheaper on our link than booking on Expedia and they have to book there flights separate (just like any other trip, book your room and than your flight and it all pretty much adds of the same)  I am not sure how the members option works but I totally understand what your going through on getting your private funchtions paid for by booking more rooms. This is the main reason we chose Moon Palace because it has the best wedding options, to make it easy for the bride/groom.

           

          As far as the dress, maybe you can buy the dresses for them as there Wedding Gifts instead of the usual jewerly gift or flask. (it is a beach wedding so maybe Dillards/Forever 21 with fun bright colors for under $75 dollars) Also, your MOH is suppose to be there for you and help you in anyway, shape or form to make your wedding less stressful. This is your day and not hers, you would be doing whatever she asks if this was her wedding. I would have a talk with her and let it be known that this is your choice to get married at Moon Palace. All of OUR guests have known for years that we were doing a destination and always told them to start saving, so it wasn't a total shocker when he finally put the ring on my finger. I am not doing the traditional bachlorette party in Las Vegas bc I know my girlfriends are saving for my wedding. I added it up for them: Flight: $350, 2 nights $300, shopping $500 and dinner/drinks $500. or they can be at my wedding for 3 nights and 4 days/All-inclusive on the beach. So maybe you should send out an email and let all of your family/friends/wedding party know what you/fiance are asking of them to book on your group link and yes it is a little bit more expensive but you need it for your wedding package and all of your guests will be in the same section of the resort and not separated across the whole resort (it's huge).



           

          She's single but not traveling alone. She found a friend to travel with her, and we told her in the beginning that we would make sure she didn't have to pay too much. She keeps telling me how difficult it is to get things done while you're single. I've been single, I know. It's a whole lot easier than trying to arrange a destination wedding when you're not at home, fiance is 1000 miles away and you also have to arrange travel for his family and friends. 
           

          Originally Posted by blondy 

          Totally agree with you , Bride KSmith. 

           

          Mochamakes3, I don't think its reasonable to expect a guest to pay more money than they have to by comparison shopping elsewhere. Esp because singles pay more anyway.   If you can get MP to match rates, that's your best option.


          Maybe I've been brainwashed by my previous BM experiences, but anytime I've been a BM and the bride requested an activity or dress, you just pay the price.



          #535 NA2015

          NA2015
          • Jr. Member
          • 170 posts

            Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

            Exactly! Me and my fiance are the last of our close friends to get married. Some are super excited that we are doing a destination and others have been complaining about the price. So on our wedding website, I created a page. MASTERCARD REASONS TO ATTEND OUR WEDDING. I added the Las Vegas, Nevada price for 2 nights, San Francisco, CA, Scottsdale, Arizona...so funny but it is cheaper to attend our wedding than go to the same ol' places that everyone has been too a million times. LOL So many have stopped complaining and booked there flights already. You sometime have to put things in different ways to get your point across. I have spent thousands of dollars on being a Bridesmaid, over and over again. Never once complained because I knew my day would come someday. So your single friend should start being happy and positive because her day will come someday, you will be there for her no matter what.

             

            Don't stress! Your wedding day will be perfect and stress-free. Moon Palace reviews about the wedding process and day is always positive.



            #536 cgeris

            cgeris
            • Jr. Member
            • 159 posts

              Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

              Hi! Yes they are made from paper. It took about 15 minutes to put it together- it's really delicate. Im going to have them on the table by themselves. I was looking into putting something on the table with it but once I fluffed it and saw how big it is I realized I don't need anything with it!

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mssanders111111 

              I like them alot. are they made from paper and will they be on the table alone or with other items?





              #537 cgeris

              cgeris
              • Jr. Member
              • 159 posts

                Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:22 PM



                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nabreu7 

                Exactly! Me and my fiance are the last of our close friends to get married. Some are super excited that we are doing a destination and others have been complaining about the price. So on our wedding website, I created a page. MASTERCARD REASONS TO ATTEND OUR WEDDING. I added the Las Vegas, Nevada price for 2 nights, San Francisco, CA, Scottsdale, Arizona...so funny but it is cheaper to attend our wedding than go to the same ol' places that everyone has been too a million times. LOL So many have stopped complaining and booked there flights already. You sometime have to put things in different ways to get your point across. I have spent thousands of dollars on being a Bridesmaid, over and over again. Never once complained because I knew my day would come someday. So your single friend should start being happy and positive because her day will come someday, you will be there for her no matter what.

                 

                Don't stress! Your wedding day will be perfect and stress-free. Moon Palace reviews about the wedding process and day is always positive.



                I think the "mater card reasons" is a great idea! Some people really do lose perspective about how expensive other trips cost just because it's not showing up as one large amount? I hope your MOH shapes up!

                #538 Lizard

                Lizard
                • Newbie
                • 42 posts

                  Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

                  Quick Q,

                   

                  If you use the resorts photographer and you pay for the CD, can download those and print them yourself?



                  #539 Lizard

                  Lizard
                  • Newbie
                  • 42 posts

                    Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

                     

                    JennW818

                    I am getting married October 2011. We are bringing our 2 daughters and we have had similar Q's. we are getting the family room, which will allow us some privacy and the kids can have some fun in there room! Ask your TA or WC about the family room.....it is pretty cool!

                     

                    My parents are staying with the kids in the family room the wedding night, that way my parents get some nights and we get our wedding night.

                     

                    Hope this helps,

                     

                    Lizard

                     

                    Sorry, I'm new to this and have a ton of questions.  Is anyone traveling with young children?  Our two year old daughter will be coming with us.  From what I've been reading, it doesn't look like Moon Palace has a babysitting service.  I don't think we will be able to afford to pay for our babysitter to come for the week, but also don't want to burden our family and friends who are coming with looking after her while we are preparing for the wedding.  Is anyone else having similar concerns or have any ideas for me?



                    #540 JennW818

                    JennW818
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 267 posts

                      Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:43 PM

                      Thanks, I will definitely look into that. 
                       

                      Originally Posted by Lizard 

                       

                      JennW818

                      I am getting married October 2011. We are bringing our 2 daughters and we have had similar Q's. we are getting the family room, which will allow us some privacy and the kids can have some fun in there room! Ask your TA or WC about the family room.....it is pretty cool!

                       

                      My parents are staying with the kids in the family room the wedding night, that way my parents get some nights and we get our wedding night.

                       

                      Hope this helps,

                       

                      Lizard

                       

                      Sorry, I'm new to this and have a ton of questions.  Is anyone traveling with young children?  Our two year old daughter will be coming with us.  From what I've been reading, it doesn't look like Moon Palace has a babysitting service.  I don't think we will be able to afford to pay for our babysitter to come for the week, but also don't want to burden our family and friends who are coming with looking after her while we are preparing for the wedding.  Is anyone else having similar concerns or have any ideas for me?




                      Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users