Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetie View Post
I guess that it depends on how picky you are...I've heard mixed reviews about the video quality. The one negative thing that I've read pretty consistently is that the editing is not exactly smooth. Some brides laughed about it and others did not think that it was cute.

The two things that I refuse to compromise on are photography and food - especially the cake. I am definitely a cake snob. For me, an outside videographer will depend on whether I have extra funds after I pay for the must-haves.

I'm not very picky but am nervous due to what I've read. That's why I'm going with an outside photographer. Photos are very important to me and will not take chances with that. I've booked with Moments that matter photography and their work is amazing. I've read great reviews about them. food is important as well and from what I've read, i have no worries. Video really isn't a huge deal for me, however, it's something that I will have forever as memories. Therefore, I think I will look into an outside videographer because I don't want to have regrets due to not wanting to spend the extra money.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so I got an email today from Janina (Miami office) in regards to rates...and I must admitt I'm a little scared. She has quoted me $3400 per couple for a superior room (7 night stay). This price does not include airfare...so figure tack on another $800 for airfare. Does anyone else think this is kind of steep? I mean I don't mind paying that, but I'm pretty sure my guests will! I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten any rates so far?

My daughter was married at Aventura Spa on May 20th. The packages and photogaphers are the same as Moon Palace. We had the Sapphire Package and everything was wonderful. Hair and makeup done at the salon there and it was soooo beautiful. Lasted well all day! We added a harpest for the ceremony and he was fantastic. We added extra flower arrangements at the gazebos entarance and they were beautiful and huge. We had the horsedrawn carriage after the ceremony, instead of before, so my daughter and her husband could ride in it and get photos. The fireworks were a hit and made for beautiful photos. We had David Pena, a resort photographer, for the photos and he was amazing. We paid extra for the cd of all of the photos taken that day. We had a one hour cocktail/hors d'ourves and paid extra for a sound system so we could dance. They did a rhuma for their first dance and it was wonderful! we also paid for 1 extra hour of DVD for the reception--well worth it! Dinner at ElGreco - filet and shrimp - delicious! (The extra flower arrangements we had at gazebo entrance were brought to restaurant table for decoration while we ate and then taken to our Presidential Suite entry room table. They lasted the full 2 weeks we were there.) 3 tier white fondant cake with blue scrolls, vanilla cake with fruit filling. We did pay extra to have fresh flowers that matched brides bouquet on cake (blue irises, blue hydrangeas, ivory roses). Everything went as planned and could not have been better!

We received the photos, cd and dvd before we left for home. Here are a few of her photos I put on shutterfly:

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieswedding View Post
evaleen - that seems like the correct price for non-members according to the Palace Resorts web site. We are VIP members so our guests paid a lot less than that, approx. $1,000+ less.
i'm sorry if this is a stupid question...but i've tried to find out what it means to be a member and i can't find any info on it. i believe one of my uncles is a member (he has a regular timeshare there)...so does that mean that somehow, through him, we can get better prices for our guests? any info on how this would be great! thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaleen View Post
i'm sorry if this is a stupid question...but i've tried to find out what it means to be a member and i can't find any info on it. i believe one of my uncles is a member (he has a regular timeshare there)...so does that mean that somehow, through him, we can get better prices for our guests? any info on how this would be great! thanks!!!
You should talk to your uncle & have him contact the resort to see if you can book your wedding under his membership. We booked my wedding under my dad's membership & are getting much better rates. There are a lot of different levels of membership, so you'll have to check with Palace Resorts to see if his membership qualifies you to use membership rates. If it does qualify, they would just need a letter from your uncle giving you permission to book the wedding under his membership. It shouldn't cost him anything (except the cost of his own room for your wedding). My wedding isn't even taking weeks away from my dad's membership (even though he has plenty to share).

Leigh17: Thanks again for your advice! I contacted my uncle, who contacted the resort, and you were absolutely right!!! Members get such great benefits and this will bring down our costs considerably! You have no idea how excited I am right now, because now I have room in my budget for things that I couldn't afford before!

I hope your planning and preparation is wrapping up nicely and I wish you all the best on your big day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaleen View Post
Leigh17: Thanks again for your advice! I contacted my uncle, who contacted the resort, and you were absolutely right!!! Members get such great benefits and this will bring down our costs considerably! You have no idea how excited I am right now, because now I have room in my budget for things that I couldn't afford before!

I hope your planning and preparation is wrapping up nicely and I wish you all the best on your big day!!!
I'm glad it all worked out for you! Good luck with your planning.

Hi everyone

I am getting married at the moon palace, we are ddeparting on 28th March 2011 but date of wedding is yet to be confirmed.

I was looking at getting the ruby package but have yet to read about anyone having that package on this site yet.

Got some really useful information from this site so far!!

Jacqui x