Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#2411 ndvidul

ndvidul
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Congratulations!!!  Glad it went better than you thought!  Can't wait to see your review. :)

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl 

Hello Ladies!! I'm back from my honeymoon. My wedding at MP went better than I imagined. We just got back last night and have yet to get settled. I'm already back at work....Ugh!! LOL For you ladies getting married at MP, you need not to worry. Stay tuned for my review very soon.

#2412 ndvidul

ndvidul
    • 317 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

Thank you for this info!  It seems like this felt like a mini reception - I was worried I'd have to miss out on the special events at a reception like first dance & cake cutting if we did the dinner.  Thanks for sharing!!!  Glad it worked out so well for you!

Originally Posted by erinandchad 

We just got back from our wedding October 15 and did the reception dinner reservation at El Caribeno with 15 guests... and we LOVED it! I actually think a private event would have been an unneccessary expense given how perfect El Caribeno was for our group. The restaurant atmosphere was perfect for a reception. They set us up in front in the elevated part of the restaurant and all the other resort guests were down below, so it felt private to us. We had a separate bride-groom table and a cake table. The best part was a piano player palying music all through the reception, and he also played special songs for our first dance and our dances with parents. There was a large area that was good for dancing near the piano. It felt so special and we do not regret skipping out on a private function. Of course we were there during low season so it might have been different if the restaurant was full of people. The food was just okay but we found that didn't bother us at all.

#2413 ndvidul

ndvidul
      • 317 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Praying for all you ladies having your wedding soon with everything happening weather-wise down there.  Sending much Love and Positive prayer!

#2414 erinandchad

erinandchad
        • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

It did feel like a scaled-down wedding reception. It had all the necessary elements and it was perfect for our small group of people. Our guests were mostly parents/grandparents, with some younger friends/siblings, but overall we're a laid-back bunch. If we had more guests who were a little more rowdy I can totally see wanting to do a private event with a DJ. Good luck with your wedding planning! I will say though that the waiters didn't seem to understand why I would want to take the wedding cake back with me and freeze it. They didn't even have a container to put it in. Oh well, we were willing to skip that tradition. Like our married friend said at the time, "it never tastes as good as you think it will".

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

Thank you for this info!  It seems like this felt like a mini reception - I was worried I'd have to miss out on the special events at a reception like first dance & cake cutting if we did the dinner.  Thanks for sharing!!!  Glad it worked out so well for you!

#2415 JLR1726

JLR1726
          • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

We FINALLY reached 75 room nights! we had a couple book last minute! we leave this Tuesday coming up! I can't believe it! we are booked for tucan gazebo(ceremony), tucan garden (cocktail) and Caribbean Terrace(4 hour reception) with PSAV as our DJ. I will have a ton to review when we get back. I am going to try and post my planning thread on Monday before I leave. I will send you girls the link.

will anyone else be at MP from 11/8-11/17?

Hugs,

Jessica

#2416 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Yay Jessie!!! Congrats have a blast! Can't wait to read your review and see your pictures!

#2417 leenancy

leenancy
            • 212 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Yay congrats! Have fun!!

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

We FINALLY reached 75 room nights! we had a couple book last minute! we leave this Tuesday coming up! I can't believe it! we are booked for tucan gazebo(ceremony), tucan garden (cocktail) and Caribbean Terrace(4 hour reception) with PSAV as our DJ. I will have a ton to review when we get back. I am going to try and post my planning thread on Monday before I leave. I will send you girls the link.

Hugs,

Jessica

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
              2 Guests booked through other services

#2418 LanaM

LanaM
              • 196 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

Congrats! You will have an amazing time!!

We will be there form 11/14 to 11/26

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

Hugs,

Jessica

Alex & Lana
                ~11.18.11~
                Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#2419 JLR1726

JLR1726
                • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

thanks ladies!

Lana- we will be in the sunrise section! so, if you see me come say hi!

#2420 kristie0921

kristie0921
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:24 AM

Hi Girls! We are back from the Moon Palace, we had a great trip and didn' want to come home! We had the Catholic Wedding in the Immaculate Conception Chapel, I would not have changed a thing, it was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen!  Here is the link to our video it was done by the resort, however their version was 1 hour long.  I had my video guy here in NJ re edit to 4 min for my reception on Saturday.

http://youtu.be/_i9zTTYH41k

Please feel free to ask any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users