We just got back from our wedding at MP and honeymoon at Sun Palace. I learned ALOT
1. Palace resorts knows how awful the communication is at Miami. It is also extremely bad communication between Miami and the MP resort itself. They are moving the whole Miami office to Mexico. A public relation manager told me that they had no way of controlling the office in Miami so they are hoping that proximity will help.
2. Things might get out of control feeling before the wedding. But, the women in the wedding office are amazing. We had a ton of issues with our reservations and transfers. Nothing went well at all! I rebooked everyone and verifed reservations and argued with a few public relations people during my first week there. I finally through my hands up in the air and said whatever on the day of the wedding. But, my WC, Claudia, came in on her day off to oversee my wedding and it was perfect! So, if anyone has problems before the actual ceremony, don't be alarmed. The ladies in the actual wedding office know their stuff!!
3. The fruit flavored cake is abysmal:) The honeymoon cake is AMAZING. I don't rememeber the wedding food since I don't think I ate. But that cheeseburger at 3am was great
4. Go to Xplor. it's a blast.
5. Don't forget you have 1500 credits (if staying a week) to use towards Kodak photos. They did the same type of pics my outside photographers did on the beach. You may be able to save some money and do these during the honeymoon.
6. I moved my wedding to the Tucan gazebo instead of on the beach itself. If you have sun sensitive people coming to the wedding, it is wicked hot and wicked sunny for the beach weddings. We had it at 4pm and by the time the ceremony was over, it was lovely outside.
7. We did indeed have mosquito issues at the rooms at the backside of Grand. My hubby's ankles look like he has a disease there are so many.
8. The Grand Terrace is a fabulous location for a reception or dinner! We ended up moving from Sunrise to the Grand section (part of the reservation fiasco) due to a convention. We ended up hanging out a lot on this terrace. It has beautiful breezes. We almost had the reception here instead of at Tucan Terrace but it was another $12 a head to have it on Grand.
9. MP is close to the airport but a little farther out than I expected for some reason. But, they do allow the local vendors to come onsite and have kiosks to sell their wares. This happens on Monday night at Sunrise by the stage.
10. Don't forget to verify your hair appts when you get there. They canceled mine. Luckily it's off season and it was no biggie. But, really does anyone need that stress?
11. Don't forget this is a time share resort. they will pull you and all of your guests aside after check in. They will be "explaining what you can do with your credits". But, of course, you can get more credits very easily by going to the presentation:)
12. Bring a button down/zip up top to wear for your hair appt:)
13. Bring cash if you have outside florists. They came to deliver the flowers while the photographer was doing getting ready pics. We were scrambling for cash to pay them. They don't actually allow the florists to walk the flowers to the room so they needed cash to give them. Luckily my girls took over!
14. Bring tons and tons of ones and 5s for tips.
ok I think I'm taking up way too much screen here. Btw, I think a lot of my issues with reservations were due to doing things a bit differently. I'm making a big review with all the info shortly. But, the short and sweet is this: if trying to use resort transport, they were denied it since they were not staying a week. I was told at the resort that they could use it and it will be charged tot their room. The day of everyone's arrival that wasn't true. People had to negotiate taxis and if anyone has done that there before you know how different the costs can be. I had one poor soul pay 70 US to get to the resort! They did allow one person to come through the transport but only because the room was in his name. But since they didn't list all occupants, no one else could go.
Good luck all. If anyone has any questions that I can answer, please let me know.