Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#2311 ndvidul

ndvidul
  • Jr. Member
  • 317 posts

    Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

    I just PM'd you too!! :)  Researching this myself...

     

    Originally Posted by Terpgurl 


    Jamie5280, I used the salon at the Moon Palace and had the best experience. I loved my hair and makeup and I was skeptical about makeup b/c I always feel drag queenish after but I really thought Doris at the NIzuc salon did the most AMAZING job. If you pm your email, I can share some pics with you.



     



     



    #2312 alaharri

    alaharri
    • Newbie
    • 41 posts

      Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

      That's weird!  I just saw it in a post on the 2012 message board, too, so I emailed them about fake rose petals...they told me it was ok, and I'm getting married March 2012!

       

      Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

      Check with your coord, from mine I get married in 12') they were not allowed. 
       



       



       

      Attached Files



      #2313 coconoir1908

      coconoir1908
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,136 posts

        Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

        I think that happens because Coords maybe telling different people things I'm getting flowers from Marvin so it's not a problem for me.  I like to have info just in case I decide to change ;-)

        Originally Posted by alaharri 

        That's weird!  I just saw it in a post on the 2012 message board, too, so I emailed them about fake rose petals...they told me it was ok, and I'm getting married March 2012!

         



         



         



        #2314 leenancy

        leenancy
        • Jr. Member
        • 212 posts

          Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

          You're right. Lucy at MP has told me that the Capilla Beach is by the Chapel.

           

          Originally Posted by JLCarrera 





          I'm not 100% certain but I would guess that the Capilla Beach would be near the Immaculate Concepcion Chapel (Capilla meaning the Spanish word for Chapel). Just a guess though, but if you do find out for sure please let us know.



           


          05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

          38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

          10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
          2 Guests booked through other services

          #2315 leenancy

          leenancy
          • Jr. Member
          • 212 posts

            Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

            Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me how strick MP is about the 20% guest passes thing? I sent out my STDs a few weeks ago and I'm starting to hear that some of our guests are booking other resorts and just purchase wedding day passes, which is fine with me if it will save them money but I'm now worried more than 20% of my guests will be at other resorts as I know at least 7 or 9 guests have told me they are using timeshares. They are all fine with purchasing their own guest passes, but I would hate to think I can't get these people into my wedding  Can anyone share their experiences or give any advice? I am also thinking of putting something on my website that tells guests they need to book at MP, but I don't want to push too much and require it. Any advice on how I should word it? Thanks so much.


            05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

            38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

            10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
            2 Guests booked through other services

            #2316 onourway

            onourway
            • Newbie
            • 26 posts

              Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

              Hey all!! Just got to MP last evening. Um, wow wicked hot still. Granted, I'm not used to the humidity anymore since I moved to Colorado. It says it's 85 out right now at 10:30am with 75% humidity. We're scheduled for a 4pm wedding on Sunday at the tucan location with a buffet reception up on the tucan terrace. We did a walk by yesterday at 5:30pm. It was definitely breezy but still wicked warm. There was a wedding/reception happening there and the location is quite lovely. I just don't know. How the heck is the makeup not going to melt off? Will my guests be dying out there. The one thing that has been my priority during this whole affair is wanting everyone to be relaxed and have a good time. We're meeting with the coordinator in a couple of hours. We're contemplating doing the ceremony there and then move everyone in to eat. But after an hour of being outside sitting and traveling, I know we will all be dripping. Any input?

              #2317 Jamie5280

              Jamie5280
              • Member
              • 675 posts

                Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:41 AM

                YAY!!! So exciting!!!!   I am from CO too, so I get not being used to the humidity at all.  I die when I'm in it!!!  I am sure you guys will figure it out and it will still be amazing!  Good luck, I know we are going to have the same problem so I am going to be curious on what you decide!  :)
                 

                Originally Posted by onourway 

                Hey all!!

                Just got to MP last evening. Um, wow wicked hot still. Granted, I'm not used to the humidity anymore since I moved to Colorado. It says it's 85 out right now at 10:30am with 75% humidity. We're scheduled for a 4pm wedding on Sunday at the tucan location with a buffet reception up on the tucan terrace. We did a walk by yesterday at 5:30pm. It was definitely breezy but still wicked warm. There was a wedding/reception happening there and the location is quite lovely.

                I just don't know. How the heck is the makeup not going to melt off? Will my guests be dying out there. The one thing that has been my priority during this whole affair is wanting everyone to be relaxed and have a good time.

                We're meeting with the coordinator in a couple of hours. We're contemplating doing the ceremony there and then move everyone in to eat. But after an hour of being outside sitting and traveling, I know we will all be dripping.

                Any input?


                 



                #2318 onourway

                onourway
                • Newbie
                • 26 posts

                  Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

                  Ok. So we decided to do the tucan gazebo and still have the reception on the tucan terrace. We think by 6 it should be cool enough for the buffet. The cocktail hour is by the gazebo outside and may still be a point of contention. I just couldn't imagine being inside!! Btw, all the ladies with outside photographers, we just paid 300 plus 88 a photographer for them to come onsite. It still says we can't have them in the paperwork but then the next sentence is the prices for if we bring them. Go figure The other thing I wasn't ready for was what song is played when my bridesmaids walk down compared to my song. I could just be behind on the wedding requirements, but I figured I could't be the only one. Also, what order they will walk down.

                  #2319 DiamondGirl

                  DiamondGirl
                  • Member
                  • 710 posts

                    Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:18 PM


                    Hope everything goes better than you imagined. The photographer thing really sucks! I told them my photographer friend will be capturing my photos, when i turned down the resort photographer. Hopefully i won't have a problem because I have a few guest who are staying offsite and I purchased day passes for them as well. Im printing all of my emails and taking them with me just in case they try to pull some tricks on me. I leave in 7 more days!!
                     

                    Originally Posted by onourway 

                    Ok. So we decided to do the tucan gazebo and still have the reception on the tucan terrace. We think by 6 it should be cool enough for the buffet. The cocktail hour is by the gazebo outside and may still be a point of contention. I just couldn't imagine being inside!!

                    Btw, all the ladies with outside photographers, we just paid 300 plus 88 a photographer for them to come onsite. It still says we can't have them in the paperwork but then the next sentence is the prices for if we bring them. Go figure

                    The other thing I wasn't ready for was what song is played when my bridesmaids walk down compared to my song. I could just be behind on the wedding requirements, but I figured I could't be the only one. Also, what order they will walk down.
                     


                     



                    #2320 Kristibear

                    Kristibear
                    • Newbie
                    • 63 posts

                      Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

                      I need advice ladies.  So the wedding is quickly approaching and it's definately time to make some decisions.  First off we will be having about 20-25 people attending.  I am contemplating whether or not to have a DJ or just do the Ipod setup since we are planning on just having a dinner instead of a full blown reception.  I figured we could all go over to the Discotech place afterwards to continue celebrating.  Thoughts???

                       

                      Also, I am using an outside photographer.  I was under the impression that I could just purchase a day pass for him.  Is that still correct?

                       

                      Lastly, does anyone know if the videographer that works for MP offers live streaming video. I wanted to look into that for friends and family to see the wedding live. 

                       

                      Any advice is greatly appreciated!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users