• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#2241 MrsD2B

MrsD2B
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by kris10kay 

The email I received from lliana at MP stated that they have two different size round tables, 62" and 72"..sorry I don't know about the 2 seater tables! Hope this helps

#2242 onourway

onourway
    • 26 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

Hello Ladies!

One quick question:  does anyone have an opinion on the need for lighting for an Oct 4pm wedding and then cocktail hour and buffet reception following on the Tucan Terrace?  I presume that the cocktail hour will go until 5:30 and then the buffet dinner until, what, 7:30pm?  Is there enough lighting around that area? 

I guess worst case I can meander over there during my prewedding stay.  I'm sure that MP or Zuniga won't turn down some last minute money on lights:)

#2243 MrsD2B

MrsD2B
      • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'm also getting married @ MP in October :D. I checked timeanddate.com and it says sunset on my wedding date is 6:22 pm ~ oct. 16th! Hope this helps

Hello Ladies!

One quick question:  does anyone have an opinion on the need for lighting for an Oct 4pm wedding and then cocktail hour and buffet reception following on the Tucan Terrace?  I presume that the cocktail hour will go until 5:30 and then the buffet dinner until, what, 7:30pm?  Is there enough lighting around that area? 

I guess worst case I can meander over there during my prewedding stay.  I'm sure that MP or Zuniga won't turn down some last minute money on lights:)

#2244 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
        • 164 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hey Ladies!

I miss wedding planning so that's why I am still a lurker but I wanted to share something for the ladies that want to use their bouquets as centerpiece and want something cute to hold them in. I saw this when I was planning my wedding but had already ordered centerpieces from Deco. It's cute and easy to pack so check it out!

http://www.blumebox.com

May 29th, 2011
          Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#2245 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
          • Site Supporter
          • 81 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

Ok whats the deal with outside vendors? Has anyone just bought them a day pass with any problems? The contract says no outside vendors but it seems like brides are using them, I want an outside photographer. I do not want to pay for a room for the vendor.

#2246 jcoke

jcoke
            • 39 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

For all of the brides that received a refund for your complimentary nights did they deduct taxes, fees and transfers?  I know that they deduct the $10 per day/person for the resort fee but I wasn't aware of any other fee's or taxes that they were going to subtract.  I booked through a TA and I'm thinking that they got our rooms for a cheaper rate then what they charged us therefore MP sent them the refund based on their agreed rate.

For ex. we paid around $2,100 for our stay but was only refunded back $1,650.  If they subtracted the $140 for the surcharges is the difference all fees? I'm totally confused!

#2247 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
              • 164 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

ChipmunkRN,

A day pass will be just fine. I ended up booking a room for my photographers but my guests with day passes had no issues. Wish I would have known and saved some money.

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 

Ok whats the deal with outside vendors? Has anyone just bought them a day pass with any problems? The contract says no outside vendors but it seems like brides are using them, I want an outside photographer. I do not want to pay for a room for the vendor.

May 29th, 2011

#2248 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
                • 675 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

Did you by chance have your make-up and hair done by an outside vendor?  If so, did you happen to get around the day pass(es)?

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

ChipmunkRN,

A day pass will be just fine. I ended up booking a room for my photographers but my guests with day passes had no issues. Wish I would have known and saved some money.

#2249 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
                  • 164 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

No sorry, II got my makeup and hair done by Doris from the NIzuc salon, she was AMAZING! I always look like a drag queen after I get my hair and makeup done but I actually loved everything she did! I don't think you can really get around getting them a day pass.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Did you by chance have your make-up and hair done by an outside vendor?  If so, did you happen to get around the day pass(es)?

May 29th, 2011

#2250 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
                    • 675 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

I do too!!  I always HATE the way I look, and I just want to look so pretty!  :)  so, maybe I will opt for the Moon Palace Spa!!!  You looked fabulous, so that makes me feel better about their work!  I think you are right about the day passes...not sure I want to spend that much money.

Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

No sorry, II got my makeup and hair done by Doris from the NIzuc salon, she was AMAZING! I always look like a drag queen after I get my hair and makeup done but I actually loved everything she did! I don't think you can really get around getting them a day pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users