This definitely helps! Thanks!  

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

I'm assumig you are refering to a Catholic ceremony right? This is what it says on our contract. Either way Catholic wedding require Pre Cana no matter where you are. What they have you do usually depends on the parish. For ours we could chose out of 3 options: 1) Attend 7 weekly meetings with other engaged/married couples 2) Attend a weekend "Engaged Encounter" retreat 3) Go to at least 3 counseling sessions with a counselor that they designate. We ended up doing the counseling sessions...

Documents required for Catholic weddings:   Home address and occupations (bride & groom)   Couples must make arrangements at least six months prior to the date of marriage and meet all sacramental requirements.   The Catholic Church makes certain requests of the bride and groom to help the couple with their spiritual preparation. There is no uniform set of rules for all catholic wedding preparations. Therefore, please check with your local parish priest to find out what your dioceses requires for Catholic weddings.   Once all requirements have been completed, your local church needs to send these documents directly to the following address and send us a copy for our records:   Padre Benito Aguilar Blvd Kukulcan KM 3.5 Zona Hotelera 77500 Cancun Q.Roo (998)8493003 baguilar@palaceresorts.com   Important: The priest has final say on granting official permission for the wedding to move forward after seeing the paperwork. Palace Resorts does not have authority over religious regulations. (NO EXCEPTIONS).   Bride and Groom must arrive in Cancun at least three (3) working days (Monday –Saturday) prior to the wedding ceremony to meet with the wedding coordinator and submit all documents. Bride & Groom must be at the resort by check-in time (3:00 PM) or earlier in order to consider day of arrival.   The above refers to a couple that has never been married previously. Please take with you to the resort your marriage certificate or marriage license. If you have been divorced and your marriage was not officially annulled you cannot marry in the Catholic Church.   Catholic weddings in Mexico are not legally binding. All couples must be civilly married prior to the Catholic ceremony. Please inform your wedding coordinator if you are interested in one of our civil wedding packages. Additional charges may apply.   All weddings will be performed in either Spanish or English.   All documents become the property of the Immaculate Conception Chapel, Quintana Roo, Mexico.   Reservations should be made at least 6 months in advance to guarantee preferred wedding date.   Hope that helps!! :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are so cute! Where did they come from?  It would be so much easier to just buy the maracas in Mexico and not have to worry about bringing them down in a suitcase!

Originally Posted by Leigh17 View Post

Sorry I can't help you with these questions (her response is very confusing!), but while I was at MP I did take a couple of pictures for you of the maracas they have there.  As someone else commented before, the 2 for $5 ones are nice.  The closeup picture is of the 2 for $5 ones.  The ones that are 2 for $10 are pretty much the same just a little bigger.  The less expensive ones seemed plenty big.  Sorry I can't be of much help with your reception questions, but I would guess when she says "If you get 30 rooms nights you will get a cocktail included for 1 hour," she just can't guarantee that you get the free cocktail hour until the guests are actually there.  If you have 54 nights you will get the cocktail hour.

maracas.JPG

maracas 2.JPG

They have them at MP in both the Sunrise & Nizuc lobby gift shops.

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

These are so cute! Where did they come from?  It would be so much easier to just buy the maracas in Mexico and not have to worry about bringing them down in a suitcase!

Hi girls, just saw this and thought I might jump in if that's okay.  I ordered my maracas from Amols.  For 10 pair of the large (softball size) they were only $2.95 for the pair.  We're using them for Shake to Kiss.  They are really nice!  They have a bunch of other sizes and shapes. 

http://www.amols.com/catalog/product/MX700

MX700JUMBO.jpg

I would agree it might be easier to just buy them once down there, but I believe my FI and I are shipping them down before we get there along with our OOT bags.  We are getting there 5 days before the wedding so we will have plenty of time to put the OOT bags together.

HI!  We are getting married Aug 20th at 5pm on the beach too!  My WC is Valeria.  How exciting! 

Originally Posted by ahenry14 View Post

Hi Ladies!!  I have been getting on here randomly for the past year but have never posted.  We leave in 3 weeks!  Ahhhh getting married 6 pm on beach on Aug 20.  Anyone else?  I am so excited and didn't plan much until the last month now it's been cram time!!  I have had a lot of information from the Miami rep and my WC so let me know if I can help in any way!!  My WC is Karlena and Miami rep is Marlyn.  We have 46 people and 116 nights but it has been hectic, some still haven't booked!!!  Anyways if I can help or if anyone will be there I would love to meet you all!!

Great! How easy is that for maracas! It will probably depend on how many people and how much room I have as to whether I'll buy then cheaper before or just buy them there! :)

Hi Amara!

Welcome back.  I'm so sorry that I missed you!  I got married on the 22nd but there were so many weddings going on it was impossible to know who you were! :)  Everytime I would see a bride I wanted to say are you Amara from BDW??............but that would have been so random.

I'm going to try and work on my review as well.  All in all I had a great experience and I had a great time. 

Originally Posted by Amara3CUS View Post

I'm baaaacccckkkk!!! Got home late last night from two weeks in Cancun. I'm so behind in everything I want to post here but be on the look out for the following:

1. After wedding sale

2. OOT bag thread

3. Planning Thread

4. MP Wedding Review

5. Regrets & What I'd do differently (I have a lot to say here :( )

I rented my DJ equipment from JSAV.  We had a welcome/rehearsal dinner the Thursday night and we used the ipod set-up, but for the wedding we went with the DJ equipment with mixers, turntables, etc.  The total cost for sound ran us around $1,600 w/taxes and fees. If you tell the sound people what equipment your DJ prefers they will send you quotes.  I had quotes out to PSAV and JSAV and i went with the best cost.  They are both associated with the hotel so there is no additional outside fee with this. 

Originally Posted by onourway View Post

kjanda8,

You can rent just the sound equipment with no DJ.  I think that is what we'll be doing.  Come to find out, one of our groomsmen used to be a DJ:)  It's 220.00 for a mic and one speaker.  It does have some mixer as well.  But, it doesn't state how much for the iPod hookup and it doesn't say for how long.