Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#201 Nuttytart_2kuk

Nuttytart_2kuk
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hi,

I'm getting married at MP 19/03/2011. Anyone else on this day? I've heard about people getting $1500 vacation dolars, anyone got them?

#202 mrsclerville

mrsclerville
    • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

Hi, I am a BDW newbie!! 5 years ago my hubby and I eloped with just 1 of our good friends. Now I want to do it all over again but BIGGER. I have been back and forth with where I wanted to have my wedding but after learning that delsol photography isn't allowed at Azul resorts I went with MP. Photos and flowers are really BIG to me!!!! So is food, but I can't please everyone anyway. I have seen some beautiful weddings at MP and i even have a friend who was married there last year. I put in a request for November 2011. Is anyone else getting married in November 2011?? I heard that ordering flowers in Mexico is expensive however I am willing to pay for QUALITY and what I want. Through this thread I think I just about know everything I want and I haven't even been confirmed for my date yet. That's me though always planning everything out. Anywho, does anyone know about flowers and their options? I love peonies, they only grow april-june in the states, could I get them there in November? Or should I just bring fake ones to add to my bouquet? I could go on and on so I better stop.....Any info will be greatly appreciated.

#203 mrsclerville

mrsclerville
      • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

Oh does anyone have their vendor list? I would love to get in contact with some vendors now. I have already emailed deco cancun......Thanks!

#204 LanaM

LanaM
        • 196 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by mrsclerville 

Hi, I am a BDW newbie!! 5 years ago my hubby and I eloped with just 1 of our good friends. Now I want to do it all over again but BIGGER. I have been back and forth with where I wanted to have my wedding but after learning that delsol photography isn't allowed at Azul resorts I went with MP. Photos and flowers are really BIG to me!!!! So is food, but I can't please everyone anyway. I have seen some beautiful weddings at MP and i even have a friend who was married there last year. I put in a request for November 2011. Is anyone else getting married in November 2011?? I heard that ordering flowers in Mexico is expensive however I am willing to pay for QUALITY and what I want. Through this thread I think I just about know everything I want and I haven't even been confirmed for my date yet. That's me though always planning everything out. Anywho, does anyone know about flowers and their options? I love peonies, they only grow april-june in the states, could I get them there in November? Or should I just bring fake ones to add to my bouquet? I could go on and on so I better stop.....Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

I'm also getting married at MP in November 2011. We just started planning so I don't have answers to your questions, but I'm sure you can find them on this forum. Check Moon Palace brides 2010 thread, it is very helpful, I got so many of my questions answered just by going through that thread. Happy planning!

Alex & Lana
          ~11.18.11~
          Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#205 BeautifulBrideAngela

BeautifulBrideAngela
          • 39 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how dinner works?  Will we be able to do speeches at dinner?  What about if we wanted a mini reception?  Is that possible somewhere?  I wanted to do the dances and speeches and I just don't know if dinner would be appropriate or if anyone could be heard.

Any info you have would be great!

Thanks,

Angela

#206 madged

madged
            • Banned
            • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

Great question BeautifulBrideAngela!  I'd like to know that as well. 

Also, has anyone heard anything about the kids under 12 promotion not applying next year?  When I spoke to a Wedding Coordinator about a month ago, she said that kids 12 and under were free in July when staying with a parent who's staying for at least 3 nights.  However, when I asked the wedding coordinator that I was just assigned to, she said that the Vacation Dollars promotion replaced the kids for free one.

#207 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
              • Banned
              • 223 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

I really haven't made any more decisions...I had the WC send me song lists for the live band options that are a part of the resort's vendors.... I also am deciding between the immaculate conception and amber packages-

I blocked 40 rooms actually.,..like 25 doubles and 15 singles...on specific parts of the resort.

I was sent a document with all the pictures of the reception venues at MP- email me at cynguzman@gmail.com and i'll send it to you! i can't seem to attach things to this thread

#208 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

Angela,

They do have private rooms available for rental. If you book 75 room nights with a group you get unlimited private events. That's basically 11 couples for a week. Otherwise, it is $40 per person for each table of 10. You'll also have to rent a sound system if you want to use a mic. I think it's very dependent on how many people you have attending.

#209 JennW818

JennW818
                  • 267 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by catherine1982neil 

Hi Ladies,

I also am getting married in 2011. May 12th 2011 to be exact and we are having the ruby package. I have been to the Moon Palace 4 times now so it was the obvious place. If anyone has any questions about the resort just let me know.

Catherine x

Hi, Catherine.  We are booked for May 13th.  Have you started making any plans.  Are you in touch with the WC yet?

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

#210 JennW818

JennW818
                    • 267 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hi everyone, we are getting married on May 13th, 2011.  I'm so excited.  I was just reading the reviews people posted of their weddings and people mentioned reserving the locations of the private events.  I'm so anxious to get started on the planning.  Has anyone getting married around the same time been in contact with her WC yet?

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users