Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#191 BeautifulBrideAngela

BeautifulBrideAngela
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a list or know how much each different activity that you can use your 1500 vacation dollars costs?  How many things can you do with that?  My guets are wondering if the 1500 will only really go towards one thing or if you actually get to do quite a few things with that?

My second question is that we want to do the symbolic ceremony down there and have a legal ceremony when we get home.  WIll they still do a symbolic ceremony if you aren't married yet? 

#192 SKeller83

SKeller83
    • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

Thanks mochamakes!  Just wanted to see what other people thought of her.  We just paid our deposit so that should help :) 

#193 Guest_iluckie_*

Guest_iluckie_*
      • Guests

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl 

I asked my WC the same question regarding the photograhper and I was told that all I had to do was purchase day passes for them. I think 1 night stay or a day pass will do. I was going to get my way either way because there was no way I was going to use the resort photographer, after all of the reviews I've read about him. FYI: I've read on this forum that most brides, due to the restrictions by the resorts, They don't disclose that they're having an outside photographer. They just purchase a day pass or pay for a 1-2 night stay, to get around the policy. It always works!! What are they gonna say on your wedding day.... You can't have an outside photographer? NOT! At that point it's all said and done and they'll just go along with it. All you have to say is that it's a friend or family member taking photos.

I have a friend of mine photographer that did a wedding in Moon Palace this year, on April, he and his assistant were from Mexico, I am booked for 2 wedding now in Moon Palace, the USA side is the one that are trying to sell only resort photographer and offering the option to bring photographers from the USA, even that they are not suggesting one, so it seems to be a trick to use the resort photographer, of course it is their business, and I respect, but YES we outside photographers can shoot in Moon Palace so far.

Cheers!

Ivan

#194 LanaM

LanaM
        • 196 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

I'm a little confused by all the contradicting info re: outside non-US photographers. I just got an email from Miami WC who told me that if the photographer is non-US or based in Mexico I cannot use him/her for my wedding even if I'll pay for their room.

Alex & Lana
          ~11.18.11~
          Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#195 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Beautiful Bride,

If you check the palace website, these are the prices I found for the tours:

Chichen Itza $100

Wet N Wild $ 59

Tulum & Xpu-Ha $100

Isla Mujeres $75

Coba $80

Zip Line $80

For Golf:

$260/round

$30 - $50 Club Rental

$15 Shoe rental

As far as I have read, you can only use the palace dollars towards a package, not individual optional services. But I would be pleased to hear I am wrong.

And yes, you can have a symbolic ceremony there and hold you legal ceremony at home afterwards.

#196 Guest_iluckie_*

Guest_iluckie_*
            • Guests

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by LanaM 

I'm a little confused by all the contradicting info re: outside non-US photographers. I just got an email from Miami WC who told me that if the photographer is non-US or based in Mexico I cannot use him/her for my wedding even if I'll pay for their room.

Miami office has another interests than Moon Palace itself, Miami offices represents and win from Moon Palace vendors because of commision for sell, as I said, I know from good source many Mexican photographers have shoot in Moon Palace, more than once.

#197 flower76

flower76
              • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

Is anyone wedding plans being affected by the current ongoing violence in Cancun? I myself am not too worry about it and do not want to focus on that when planning my wedding. I have one of my bridesmaid call me up and telling me that she might not want to go to my wedding for that reason and will let me know her plans in two months. I'm sorry but I got upset and told her that I don't want to hear it and if she is too scared to go then don't go but I can't wait on her because I would have to find a replacent bridesmaid. I know everyone's concern regarding the situation in Cancun but it is really dampening this wedding planning thing. Is anyone else going through the same situation where family/guests/wedding parties are bringing negativity to your wedding? My wedding is scheduled for March 25, 2011 at Moon Palace and I definitely don't want to change it because the fear of "What If". Sorry, I just needed to vent :)

#198 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                • 710 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by flower76 

Is anyone wedding plans being affected by the current ongoing violence in Cancun? I myself am not too worry about it and do not want to focus on that when planning my wedding. I have one of my bridesmaid call me up and telling me that she might not want to go to my wedding for that reason and will let me know her plans in two months. I'm sorry but I got upset and told her that I don't want to hear it and if she is too scared to go then don't go but I can't wait on her because I would have to find a replacent bridesmaid. I know everyone's concern regarding the situation in Cancun but it is really dampening this wedding planning thing. Is anyone else going through the same situation where family/guests/wedding parties are bringing negativity to your wedding? My wedding is scheduled for March 25, 2011 at Moon Palace and I definitely don't want to change it because the fear of "What If". Sorry, I just needed to vent :)

Hi flower76,

I def have endured some negativity from guest regarding the drug war in mexico. Some guest ask "isn't there a drug war going on"? Are you sure you want to do a wedding in mexico? I'm like yeah!!! The war is mexico city and some of the other local mexican areas that are near the border, which is where all of the drug cartels transport drugs. The war is not in the city of cancun. Cancun has high tourist traffic and is one of the safest when staying in a resort like moon palace. The mexican government is going to protect the tourist areas because it's what brings in the money. So.... My response to them is, "When world trade center was attacked in 9/11 it was catastrophic and we lost many lives, I haven't noticed a decline in tourist since. Better yet, I see more people visiting! My point, no matter where you go, there's always something happening. You can stay cooped up in your home if you think it's safer. However, you're not safe there either. Therefore, those that matter will be there. I'm getting married at MP on 10/8/11!!

#199 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
                  • 164 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

Hey Ladies,

I just submitted my wedding request for Sunday, May 29th at the Moon Palace! I hope to get confirmation soon. Is anyone else getting married that day? Also, how do they determine your deposit amount?

May 29th, 2011
                  Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#200 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

Terpgurl,

We chose the complimentary package and only paid the civil fee for deposit ($300) I think if you choose a package you have to prepay 50%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users