Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1661 kris10kay

kris10kay
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Congrats Terpgul! Can't wait to hear about how the big day went and see pictures :)

#1662 JLR1726

JLR1726
    • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

congrats Terpgurl! can't wait to see how beautiful everything is!

#1663 rae12vb

rae12vb
      • 168 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:56 AM

Congrats!! I am sure your day was amazing...  You've been such a help on here! Thank you again.  I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it!

Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!

#1664 Mill64

Mill64
        • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hello,

I am thinking about getting married at the moon palace resort and was wondering if anybody had booked a private functions room for thier wedding. We have quite a lot of guests coming and so wondered if it would be worth it. Does anyone know how much roughly this costs and any details about the room?

Thanks

Amie

#1665 Leigh17

Leigh17
          • 339 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

MP has lots of different areas (both inside and outside) that can accomodate larger groups for private events.  I think private events cost $400 per table of 10.  But if you get enough room nights booked through your wedding, you can earn free private events & if you get 75 nights, all the private events you want are free.  We ended up reaching the 75 nights, and all our events were free.  It's a great perk for larger weddings. 

Here's how to earn free events:

5-9 rooms for 3 nights or 15 room nights = 1 cocktail (function areas are assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

10-19 rooms for 3 nights or 30 room nights = 2 nights comp + 1 cocktail (function areas area assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

20-24 rooms for 3 nights or 60 room nights = 4 comp nights + 1 private function

25 + rooms for 3 nights or 75 room nights = 7 comp nights  + unlimited private function + one room upgrade  for the bride and groom to the next available room category

Originally Posted by Mill64 

Hello,  Im looking at getting married at the Moon Palace and was wondering if anyone had any information regarding the private function room? I have over 35 guests coming to the wedding so am needing the private function room. Does anyone know how much you have to pay for this?? Also has anybody had this to say what it is like and whether it is worth doing? Thanks, Amie 

#1666 Mill64

Mill64
            • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Thank you! Does this only apply if you book your acomodation through them though or can you still get the deals if you book through a travel agent?

Do they decorate the rooms for you and can you play your own music?

#1667 Sdamian1

Sdamian1
              • 132 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

My travel agent said I get all the perks even booking through her :) I would like know if they put up some sort of decorations and if you can play your own music...my guess would be no to the decorations besides basic linens and I read something about them charging a fee for ipod music system.

Originally Posted by Mill64 

Thank you! Does this only apply if you book your acomodation through them though or can you still get the deals if you book through a travel agent?

Do they decorate the rooms for you and can you play your own music?

#1668 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
                • 300 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Correct basic white only linens are given to you...but decor and any entertainment is extra through different companies.

decor through Zuniga and dj/audio through JSAV

Originally Posted by Sdamian1 

My travel agent said I get all the perks even booking through her :) I would like know if they put up some sort of decorations and if you can play your own music...my guess would be no to the decorations besides basic linens and I read something about them charging a fee for ipod music system.

#1669 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:28 AM

We had the speaker system provided by PSAV. I think they are a little cheaper than JSAV because it is based on the number of people, not the number of hours. We used a laptop and didn't make a playlist. I just provided a list of first dance songs and the cake cutting song. The rest of the music, the technician just picked out of our music library.

MP provides basic white linens, I purchased chair sashes online for about 50 cents each and purchased table runners from another BDW bride. I brought everything done and was only charged $55 for setting up for the whole day.

#1670 kris10kay

kris10kay
                    • 194 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:38 AM

Mocha- Where did you purchase your chair sashes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users