Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1491 rae12vb

rae12vb
  • Jr. Member
  • 168 posts

    Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

    Have any of you ladies set up a wedding website for your guests?

    I was hoping to sneak a peek before designing mine.

    Do you mind posting or PMing me the link?


    Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


    #1492 Amara3CUS

    Amara3CUS
    • Jr. Member
    • 300 posts

      Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:54 AM


      woooowww soooo amazing to hear you say "meeting next Wednesday" :-D it's coming sooo fast!!!
       

      Originally Posted by Terpgurl 


      I have Kalena, same slow to respond and when she does she's very apologetic. I almost feel bad bothering her b/c I know she's busy with other brides. Overall she got everything booked that I wanted pretty early on and even called me once to go over the details and send me a follow-up email. I hadn't heard from her since mid April but she emailed me last night and pretty much she is aware of my updates and we're all set to meet next Wednesday:-)



       



       



      #1493 Amara3CUS

      Amara3CUS
      • Jr. Member
      • 300 posts

        Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

        Also Rae, it's important to know that only SELECT wedding packages can be used... for example, I was NOT allowed to use it for the Immaculate Conception package even though I was told I could when I signed the contract. However, it wasn't listed on the contract so I was as$ed out.

         

         

        Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

        Rae - If you use the $1500 towards a wedding package, you have to use the entire amount.  Your FI can still play golf, but it is $260 per round plus shoe and club rentals. You can use the palace money towards your hair and makeup, it costs $86 to have both done.

         

        Most of us have figured out that since you can't exchange any of the items in the packages for something else, if it's not exactly what you want you are better off getting the complimentary package and then upgrading individual items.



         



        #1494 Bride KSmith

        Bride KSmith
        • Site Supporter
        • 144 posts

          Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

          Hi Ladies, I am here!!!! We arrived around 12 noon, check-in was not so smooth. I had reserved a room on the grand side. They even let me reserve a specific room (yes I have the email confirming). Well we got here and not only did they not have me in the right room but they had me booked on the Nizuc side. I was VERY not happy, but I kept my cool (of course it was not the fault of the lady at the counter). At first she tried to convince me to take the room on the Nizuc. I explained to her that they charged me a little more for the room that I requested on the Grand side and that I would not take less than what I paid for unless they were going to issue a refund. After a little bit of work they put us in a room overlooking Los Tacos, not what I asked for but at least its in the right section. Problem is it has two double beds (kinda small beds) instead of a king. Still not happy because my FI is not a small guy. It will be very hard for both of us to try to sleep in this bed together and we certainly dont want to spend our wedding night sleeping in seperate beds. They said they will work on getting usu moved IF something comes available but "grand is really full right now". Guess I will go and try to make the best of this.

           

          If you girls have anything you want me to check out or post pictures of, PM me. I will respond tonight and tomorrow.



          #1495 SChica927

          SChica927
          • Jr. Member
          • 230 posts

            Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

            Oh no! I'm sure everything will work out! You are in beautiful Mexico, what's not to love!!!!! :)  Can't wait to hear all of your updates!
             

            Originally Posted by Bride KSmith 

            Hi Ladies, I am here!!!! We arrived around 12 noon, check-in was not so smooth. I had reserved a room on the grand side. They even let me reserve a specific room (yes I have the email confirming). Well we got here and not only did they not have me in the right room but they had me booked on the Nizuc side. I was VERY not happy, but I kept my cool (of course it was not the fault of the lady at the counter). At first she tried to convince me to take the room on the Nizuc. I explained to her that they charged me a little more for the room that I requested on the Grand side and that I would not take less than what I paid for unless they were going to issue a refund. After a little bit of work they put us in a room overlooking Los Tacos, not what I asked for but at least its in the right section. Problem is it has two double beds (kinda small beds) instead of a king. Still not happy because my FI is not a small guy. It will be very hard for both of us to try to sleep in this bed together and we certainly dont want to spend our wedding night sleeping in seperate beds. They said they will work on getting usu moved IF something comes available but "grand is really full right now". Guess I will go and try to make the best of this.

             

            If you girls have anything you want me to check out or post pictures of, PM me. I will respond tonight and tomorrow.



             



            #1496 rae12vb

            rae12vb
            • Jr. Member
            • 168 posts

              Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

              Good luck!  Congratulations!  


              Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


              #1497 kris10kay

              kris10kay
              • Jr. Member
              • 194 posts

                Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

                Rae: how do you PM? I have website set up it's still in the works...I have probably too much information on there but I wanted to make sure everyone of our guests understood. If you have any suggestions let once you see it let me know!



                #1498 rae12vb

                rae12vb
                • Jr. Member
                • 168 posts

                  Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:18 AM


                  If you click my name it will have a link to PM.  I can't wait to see!

                  Originally Posted by kris10kay 

                  Rae: how do you PM? I have website set up it's still in the works...I have probably too much information on there but I wanted to make sure everyone of our guests understood. If you have any suggestions let once you see it let me know!



                   


                  Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


                  #1499 Terpgurl

                  Terpgurl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 164 posts

                    Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:10 PM


                    How's the weather? I started looking at the forecast and got upset with all the 30-40% chance rain! Also, sorry to hear about the issue with the rooming? Is the resort that packed or just the Moon Grand side?

                    Originally Posted by Bride KSmith 

                    Hi Ladies, I am here!!!! We arrived around 12 noon, check-in was not so smooth. I had reserved a room on the grand side. They even let me reserve a specific room (yes I have the email confirming). Well we got here and not only did they not have me in the right room but they had me booked on the Nizuc side. I was VERY not happy, but I kept my cool (of course it was not the fault of the lady at the counter). At first she tried to convince me to take the room on the Nizuc. I explained to her that they charged me a little more for the room that I requested on the Grand side and that I would not take less than what I paid for unless they were going to issue a refund. After a little bit of work they put us in a room overlooking Los Tacos, not what I asked for but at least its in the right section. Problem is it has two double beds (kinda small beds) instead of a king. Still not happy because my FI is not a small guy. It will be very hard for both of us to try to sleep in this bed together and we certainly dont want to spend our wedding night sleeping in seperate beds. They said they will work on getting usu moved IF something comes available but "grand is really full right now". Guess I will go and try to make the best of this.

                     

                    If you girls have anything you want me to check out or post pictures of, PM me. I will respond tonight and tomorrow.



                     


                    May 29th, 2011
                    Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

                    #1500 Terpgurl

                    Terpgurl
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 164 posts

                      Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:13 PM


                      The cost for hair and makeup went up. I got grandfathered in with the 2010 prices since I booked before March but the 2011 prices are now:

                      Hair $89

                      Makeup $65

                      Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

                      Rae - If you use the $1500 towards a wedding package, you have to use the entire amount.  Your FI can still play golf, but it is $260 per round plus shoe and club rentals. You can use the palace money towards your hair and makeup, it costs $86 to have both done.

                       

                      Most of us have figured out that since you can't exchange any of the items in the packages for something else, if it's not exactly what you want you are better off getting the complimentary package and then upgrading individual items.



                       


                      May 29th, 2011
                      Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users