Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#141 alison15

alison15
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

Thanks for posting the rates ladies. I actually was playing around with dates on Expedia and for 7 days and 6 nights including airfare and tax it came to $1183 for the 2nd to last week in May. However the rates you guys posted + airfare would be much more. If my guests book through Expedia, does it still count towards the group perks?

I am from Washington DC, can anyone recommend a travel agent? Thanks! Happy Planning everyone!

If you book through Expedia, it will not count toward your group.   You have to set up a group book link by signing a group contract.  You may also want to see where those rooms are located at MP.  I know with my group some found the "cheaper" room on Expedia however, those rooms were all 'obstructed view" rooms, which means they will be located in the Nizuc section, are sometimes smaller and the view is not a good view or no view from the room.  My TA was able to add several of those rooms to our group and they ended up being $20 cheaper than what was on Expedia.  To get a normal "garden view" room our rate was about $20 cheaper than Expedia as well.  The obstructed view rooms were about $40 less per night than garden view rooms.  We did have a few people who did choose that option, considering most of the time will be spent outside of the room anyway.  I would recommend contacting a someone in the Miami office and getting a group rate quote.  It never hurts and you don't have to sign the contract if you want to have everyone book through Expedia.  Plus all the extra that comes with the group booking like cocktail hours and receptions make it worth it.

#142 Corporate40

Corporate40
    • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pierre Violle 

I have shot a wedding at the moon Palace. What best to give you an idea of the location than have a look at a photo-gallery on my blog: Wedding at the Moon Palace .

I hope that will give you ideas for your own wedding.

Where did the reception take place in your pictues?

#143 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
      • 164 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Alison! I sent the group booking an email yesterday. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. I started looking at airfare too and it wasn't that bad, I hope prices don't go up:-/

May 29th, 2011
        Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#144 cristina7458

cristina7458
        • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

i want to get married at the moon palace in 2011 nut the coordinator im working with through email isnt the greatest.. any suggestions?

#145 cristina7458

cristina7458
          • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

i fell in love with the moon palace and i really hope to get married here in november 2011 but the coordinator im working with isnt making things very easy and she doesnt reply for weeks. any suggestions?

#146 msjesslee

msjesslee
            • 165 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

CrIstina7458
              If your going with a travel agent I'd use Tammy Wright. They have a link on the top banner. I've been working with the moon palace directly because I'm going through a member. But they seemed to have the best prices and reviews. I've looked and contacted many ta to see what other people offered and her company seemed to be the cheapest. Good luck!

#147 flower76

flower76
              • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hi,

My wedding date is March 25, 2011 at MP :)

#148 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

I'm starting to wonder if the member prices are any better. MP doesn't want to negotiate and the prices are really close.

Flower76 congrats and welcome!

#149 Blue&StarfishBride

Blue&StarfishBride
                  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

I'm getting married June 24th 2011, any June brides?

131 guests booked and 54 rooms... Cancun here we come!

June 24, 2011

#150 Blue&StarfishBride

Blue&StarfishBride
                    • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

That is very common! I will tell you keep trying. You will find someone on the property that is helpful! IF you are looking for decor stuff try deco cancun! They are great. 

131 guests booked and 54 rooms... Cancun here we come!

June 24, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users