Thanks! I am not usually paranoid either but I had to ask so I can tell my MIL to not worry!

Originally Posted by kyndall View Post

Your mother in law sounds like mine!  She told me the same things and said she wasn't going to wear her's.  When we got to the resort she did though so she must have felt safe.  I didn't swim with mine ever but I never do.  I put my e-ring, our wedding bands, phones, computers, birth certificates, passports, and my mother' s pearls in the safe everyday and everything was always there!  

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the pick up went smoothly, which seems to be common...but what I wonder about is what happens when your coordinator (or whoever) sees you with a bunch of bouquets that THEY did not give you? Did she say/do anything? I'm sure it was obvious enough you used an outside vendor...I want to do this too, but I'm worried about that! 

Originally Posted by Amara3CUS View Post

Did anyone ever ask you questions about this?>?! Regarding him dropping off that delivery???

Originally Posted by msjesslee View Post

I used an outside florist and it was really easy. I communicated with Marvin via email. He sent me pictures. I decided on what I wanted. And he even made me a flower girl halo for my niece. I picked a time to meet in the lobby and he even called my in my hotel room. I asked my brother in law to meet him in the lobby and gave him cash. It all worked out really smoothly and saved me tons of money. I was very hesitant to do this but I'm really glad I did. I liked the flowers from Marvin better than Zuniga's center pieces. (It was all very nice tho).

About the violence in Mexico....some of my guest are freaking out. I have been reading and watching and have heard nothing about Cancun. Everything I have read talks about the violence on the borders. I think when people hear Mexico they think all of Mexico. Would you cancel your trip to New York if there was a drug war in Dallas? The media hypes up everything! Just read and educate yourself if you feel scared. I was nervous but now I feel better. Travel.gov has travel information and about the travel warning to Mexico. It mentions nothing about Cancun. There are always precautions that need to be taken when traveling. Just be smart. We are staying at the resort and most probably not go on any excursions. Hope this helps.

Krsmith,

I think the MP is used to this. Marvin told me the drop off is very smooth, he just says a gift for a guest and they let him in. If anything, when my wedding coordinator asks me about my flowers, I'll just say they are already taken cared of. She actually hasn't even asked me or question me about it. I will just let her know that my family from home provided them as a wedding present. I am sure they know what's really going on but what are they going to do, not let you have your flowers on your wedding day?

Originally Posted by krsmith View Post

So the pick up went smoothly, which seems to be common...but what I wonder about is what happens when your coordinator (or whoever) sees you with a bunch of bouquets that THEY did not give you? Did she say/do anything? I'm sure it was obvious enough you used an outside vendor...I want to do this too, but I'm worried about that! 

I was wondering myself what the WC must be thinking when she see's you with flowers that didn't come from them.  I'm also going with Marvin and he assured me that I wouldn't have any problems. 

Great to know, thanks ladies. I'll probably go with Marvin for my BM bouquets too.

Have any of you used him for centerpieces? How does that work? Does he work with Zuniga...?

Originally Posted by jcoke View Post

I was wondering myself what the WC must be thinking when she see's you with flowers that didn't come from them.  I'm also going with Marvin and he assured me that I wouldn't have any problems. 

I'm currently working with Marvin too!! Thanks to our fellow BDW brides who revealed this secret to us. I'm forever grateful!! Marvin is awesome. He answers my emails quickly and can guide you if you have no idea where to start. I told him what my color scheme was and he emailed me photos of bouquets that would compliment my color scheme. 

SChica927, personally I feel like going with Marvin for centerpieces would be pushing it b/c then you would have to give those to your coordinator to setup at the reception. I would def think they would give you a hard time for that.

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Great to know, thanks ladies. I'll probably go with Marvin for my BM bouquets too.

Have any of you used him for centerpieces? How does that work? Does he work with Zuniga...?

Terpgurl - If nothing else, I think the centerpieces are the easiest to get away with. We had planned on either making or buying centerpieces when we got there. At our meeting on the first day, I asked our WC if they would pick up the centerpieces from our room on the wedding day. No problems and no questions about what they were or where they were coming from. In the end, I scrapped the idea because we had no time, so I just asked her to put vases on the table and we put our bouquets in them at dinner.

O I wish I knew that! I spent so much with Deco. I really hate having to waste money on centerpieces but I had no choice. I am not even getting the ones I really want b/c of cost. I need 9 centerpieces.

Mocha, with Marvin you said he provided vases to you for your flowers. Did he box the vases up? I ordered like 9 bouquets, 15 bouts, flowers petals. Do you think I'll need a couple of ppl to help me transport it all back to my room?

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Terpgurl - If nothing else, I think the centerpieces are the easiest to get away with. We had planned on either making or buying centerpieces when we got there. At our meeting on the first day, I asked our WC if they would pick up the centerpieces from our room on the wedding day. No problems and no questions about what they were or where they were coming from. In the end, I scrapped the idea because we had no time, so I just asked her to put vases on the table and we put our bouquets in them at dinner.