Amara3CUS
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

You look so gorgeous Shelby!!!!

#1152 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
    • 186 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Amara, I don't really remember all the choices for the cakes. We decided in person.  I just remember thinking we should pick what everyone would like...so we picked marble.  Maybe you could ask if you could taste tests the different kinds...it looks like you have a large group, so maybe they will cater to you!?!  The cheese cake at the restuarants doesn't taste like regular cheese cake. Maybe we got a bad batch?  It tasted horrible...hard to describe what it tasted like.  It was kinda chunky.  Before you meet with your coordinator go to one of the buffets and try the desserts...see what you like. That should help you out!

#1153 Leigh17

Leigh17
      • 339 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Here's the link:

Leigh- will you post a link to your review...i know that is probably a pain but apparently I am not good at searching on this website!!! Your cake looks awesome!

#1154 Nan

Nan
        • 599 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

Shelbygirl:

I love your blog! You looked awesome and your husband looks ssoooooooooo happy. Congratz!!!

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#1155 shelbygirl

shelbygirl
          • 186 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

Thanks Nan!  He better be :) lol

#1156 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
            • 300 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

Those are great ideas, thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by shelbygirl 

Amara, I don't really remember all the choices for the cakes. We decided in person.  I just remember thinking we should pick what everyone would like...so we picked marble.  Maybe you could ask if you could taste tests the different kinds...it looks like you have a large group, so maybe they will cater to you!?!  The cheese cake at the restuarants doesn't taste like regular cheese cake. Maybe we got a bad batch?  It tasted horrible...hard to describe what it tasted like.  It was kinda chunky.  Before you meet with your coordinator go to one of the buffets and try the desserts...see what you like. That should help you out!

#1157 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
              • 300 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

lol Shelby...

#1158 JLCarrera

JLCarrera
                • Site Supporter
                • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Kim, if your wedding group is that small you can just use a restaurant reservation instead of the private event. You could even rent out the Caribbean Terrace because the per person fee would be much more affordable.

They don't provide music for the cocktail party, but if you provide it, I don't see why you couldn't break into dance. I considered doing our traditional dances at the cocktail party.

Miss Mocha - Do you happen to know how much MP charges to rent the Caribbean Terrace? Thanks for any additional info that you have. Since I can't get assigned a MP WC until 90 days before, I'm feeling a little lost.

#1159 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

JL - I think they wanted $12 per person but can't remember for sure. Tell your Miami contact that you want pricing. They should be able to provide it, or put you in contact with a WC in Cancun. Once you tell them you want to book private events, usually the $ makes them react quickly.

#1160 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
                    • 164 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

Speaking of Carribbean Terrace? Where is that exactly? I can't seem to find that on the Map. Can someone help?

Also, I am trouble finding the Art Terrace too? Is that listed under a different name? Thanks!

May 29th, 2011
                      Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users