Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1001 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by SKeller83 

I'm getting married June 10, 2011!  We just picked the date yesterday so I am very excited!!!!!

I'm getting married June 11, 2011 at 6pm.  acallihan's wedding is the 9th - we should all get together for a drink. 

#1002 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

Southern Sweetie, welcome back. We are also on our third Miami contact! And have never been notified of any changes. Thankfully, I already had my Cancun contact. If you still don't have your Cancun WC, I suggest posting something on the Palace Resorts facebook page. They should be able to get that info for you.

#1003 LanaM

LanaM
      • 196 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Lana, How many rooms are you trying to block? Maybe there is a conference that same week?

Hm, I haven't even think about that. Will check with Miami WC.

Alex & Lana
        ~11.18.11~
        Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#1004 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
        • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

Great idea, thanks!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Southern Sweetie, welcome back. We are also on our third Miami contact! And have never been notified of any changes. Thankfully, I already had my Cancun contact. If you still don't have your Cancun WC, I suggest posting something on the Palace Resorts facebook page. They should be able to get that info for you.

#1005 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
          • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for the info!! When are you getting married? So did she tell you how much the set up would be for the ipod tech? That would save us hundreds of dollars :) Are you letting Zuniga decorate or are you bringing your own decor?

#1006 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
            • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

Also like southernsweetie asked what is the upgraded lighting package?

Southernsweetie I do have some pictures that they sent me but I dont know how to upload pictures on here ;( Advise me and I will post them lol

#1007 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
              • 710 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

I haven't decided on the rehearsal dinner location. I'm actually doing a  welcome dinner instead. I don't think the restaurants will be able to accommodate my group. I may be having over 40 people and I think the limit is 30. However, if I get enough room nights booked.... I can get unlimited private functions, which means.... I can get my very own private welcome dinner!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! I see you booked the reception by the Moon Grand pool!! Great choice!! 

Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach 

OK so I just got an email from Valeria this is how my set up will be....

1. Wedding at Toucan Gazebo

2. Cocktail hour at the Caribbean Terrace (set up fee $6 a person) I think I can swing this :)

3. Reception at Moon Grand by the pool

I'm soo super excited!!!

I'm bringing my own decor for the tables such as center pieces dried rose petals, tea lights...My aunt loves to arrange flowers as her hobby so this works out great for us.

We have an outside photographer so now I just have to think about am I going to use DJ Mannia, MP DJ set up with the speakers, or just the simple ipod set up.....

#1008 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                • 710 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

You're not doing the reception at the Moon Grand pool anymore?

Originally Posted by HappyTara 

Georgia Peach,

I am having the reception on the Caribbean Terrace, I think paying the extra fee is worth it, It is so beautiful overlooking the ocean. I like the idea of it being private, so one can stand around ogling you and the party.

Valeria is also my wedding coordinator and she has been really great.

We are doing the ipod DJ, apparently the technician handles playing the songs, he just wont announce anything.

we also got the updated lighting package.

it all coming together!! :)

#1009 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
                  • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yes we are the reception will be there and the cocktail hour at the Caribbean Terrace because if I do it this way its only $6 a person vs $12. So I get the best of both worlds by doing them both!!! Im hoping to get the unlimited as well, but if not im not doing them lol Dinner at the restaurant will be the obvious choice its really expensive if you dont get the amount of rooms needed. And Im not trying to spend any extra money if that was the case I would have done traditional, you know what I mean!!

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl 

You're not doing the reception at the Moon Grand pool anymore?

#1010 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
                    • 324 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

Can you have dancing on the carribean terrace? I know some of the terraces they dont allow dancing because of weight restrictions!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users