Hi all!

We are doing Welcome Bags for our guests.  Since we only have 26 people coming, we are doing one bag per couple, but we are going to try to stuff them pretty well (probably two of each thing that is a more "one person" item like chapstick or loofas).  Here's what's going in ours:

-Welcome letter with itinerary of events

-Map

-Bug Spray

-Loofa (2 in each bag)

-Travel size body wash (2 in each bag)

-Mexican Candies

-Gum

-"Too Much Sun" Kit: sunscreen, aloe, spf lipbalm (2 in each bag), lotion

-"Too Much Fun: Kit:  Advil, band-aids, Alka Seltzer, Shout wipes, hydrocortisone cream

-We were also thinking about putting a few pre-stamped postcards in the bags, one addressed to us with a note on it that we are substituting the post cards for our guestbook.  However, we weren't sure if we wanted to have to deal with international postage.  We don't even know how much it costs to send a postcard from Mexico to the US or how to get a hold of stamps, so we kind of just put it on the back burner.  If anyone knows the answers, please let us know!

We had personalized stickers made for the two "kits", which will be made out of small velum bags and then folded over and sealed with the stickers.

We also ordered our bags from Zazzle.com.  They ended up being about $6 per bag for the bargain bags (including a 30% off coupon that we received via email), but we were very picky with the image and we were able to personalize them without any sort of personalization or printing fee, and the quality is actually really good.  We were pleasantly surprised.  I'll have to post pics as soon as I have some time. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gosh, we have tried EVERYONE, we thought.  We were told by the WC to email Xochitl Esquivel, and he pretty much said we had to wait.  I emailed the WC again to complain that we were spending so much money at the resort, and no one would be able to book their tours because of the awkward times they would be arriving while the vacation planners desk was closed, etc., and she said she would put me in contact with a supervisor that she thought would be able to get it done, and nothing ever happened.  We will definitely give Wily a try and see what happens.  Thank you so much for posting his contact info! 

Originally Posted by Amara3CUS View Post

Reservations can be made in advance!

Here's the 411

Wily Kantun  
Palace Vacation Planner 
wkantun
@palaceresorts.com

Tel: (52) 998-1932010 Ext 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

I've heard that you can only make reservations upon arrival, but check with your WC. If you're planning to take an entire group, they might make an exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondy View Post

Hi ladies,

I am interested in booking a group excursion for my guests and I during our stay (to some of the Mayan Ruins) - does anyone know if we can reserve this in advance? Or how we go about this?

Okay, first the funny part, then the post card part. Funny part--your "too much fun" kit, which is an adorable idea that I see a lot of brides do, totally made me laugh bc I read off the list of items you included and for some reason, "too much fun" made me think, "OH! CONDOMS!" lol... People may think what they like, but not ALL of my guests are couples, and for some reason, that's just what popped in my head! You're in Cancun! You're at a wedding! It's been known to happen... just a thought. lol

For postcards, maybe your guests can send them back to you from the states. I know it wont have the cool international postage stamps on them, but some people may not even fill out the cards until the trip is over. I know I usually wait until trips are over so I can touch on key/funny moments. Airports actually have letter drop boxes for mail, so ur guests could even mail them out as soon as they land back in the states from the trip. :) 

Originally Posted by maykaym4 View Post

Hi all!

We are doing Welcome Bags for our guests.  Since we only have 26 people coming, we are doing one bag per couple, but we are going to try to stuff them pretty well (probably two of each thing that is a more "one person" item like chapstick or loofas).  Here's what's going in ours:

-Map

-Bug Spray

-Loofa (2 in each bag)

-Mexican Candies

-Gum

-"Too Much Fun: Kit:  Advil, band-aids, Alka Seltzer, Shout wipes, hydrocortisone cream

-We were also thinking about putting a few pre-stamped postcards in the bags, one addressed to us with a note on it that we are substituting the post cards for our guestbook.  However, we weren't sure if we wanted to have to deal with international postage.  We don't even know how much it costs to send a postcard from Mexico to the US or how to get a hold of stamps, so we kind of just put it on the back burner.  If anyone knows the answers, please let us know!

We had personalized stickers made for the two "kits", which will be made out of small velum bags and then folded over and sealed with the stickers.

We also ordered our bags from Zazzle.com.  They ended up being about $6 per bag for the bargain bags (including a 30% off coupon that we received via email), but we were very picky with the image and we were able to personalize them without any sort of personalization or printing fee, and the quality is actually really good.  We were pleasantly surprised.  I'll have to post pics as soon as I have some time. 

Not only do I love the "too much fun" bag..............but that is hilarious your mind went there. I can totally see a hand full of my guests thinking that is the funnest thing ever!

Love love love the postcard idea, and I am with you Vettibean- I think I will just do American postage and recommend they drop at airport when they land!

I love all the ideas. I am totally doing a bag, and I can't wait to go check out the website you got your bags from! Thanks so much for the info!

Originally Posted by Vettiebean View Post

Okay, first the funny part, then the post card part. Funny part--your "too much fun" kit, which is an adorable idea that I see a lot of brides do, totally made me laugh bc I read off the list of items you included and for some reason, "too much fun" made me think, "OH! CONDOMS!" lol... People may think what they like, but not ALL of my guests are couples, and for some reason, that's just what popped in my head! You're in Cancun! You're at a wedding! It's been known to happen... just a thought. lol

For postcards, maybe your guests can send them back to you from the states. I know it wont have the cool international postage stamps on them, but some people may not even fill out the cards until the trip is over. I know I usually wait until trips are over so I can touch on key/funny moments. Airports actually have letter drop boxes for mail, so ur guests could even mail them out as soon as they land back in the states from the trip. :) 

Quote:

Hi all!

-Map

-Bug Spray

-Loofa (2 in each bag)

-Mexican Candies

-Gum

LOL!! All inclusive, unlimited alcohol, wedding, romance in the air, lonely singles surrounded by couples, beach, did I mention alcohol? ... I'm just sayin! hehe You never know, it may definitely come in handy for some guests! 

I'm actually not doing bags for guests. We don't expect many guests at all, so we're doing cigars, sarongs, maybe something else for our small group. However, I will provide a list of things to pack ... and yes, I will include condoms on the list! I've said before in other threads, but my guests (esp the single ones) won't appreciate the bags much. Great idea for the right group of people, just not our group lol 

Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

Not only do I love the "too much fun" bag..............but that is hilarious your mind went there. I can totally see a hand full of my guests thinking that is the funnest thing ever!

Love love love the postcard idea, and I am with you Vettibean- I think I will just do American postage and recommend they drop at airport when they land!

I love all the ideas. I am totally doing a bag, and I can't wait to go check out the website you got your bags from! Thanks so much for the info!

Quote:

Quote:

Hi all!

-Map

-Bug Spray

-Loofa (2 in each bag)

-Mexican Candies

-Gum

Oh my gosh, that condom idea is AWESOME!  Hahaha.  That's a really good idea!  I wonder if we can only put them in some of the bags and then specify which bags go to which rooms--does anyone know??  I love that condom idea because it's pretty funny AND they might come in handy!  I think most of our guests would get a kick out of it...I just wouldn't want to put any in my grandparents' bags.  They'd probably be like "Oh look, water balloons!"

That's kind of what I was thinking for the postcards, but wasn't sure if everyone would think that would be weird, but it seems more practical to me.  First of all, trying to figure out the postage thing and all that.  Secondly, where are they going to find a mail drop box in Cancun, anyway?  I'm sure the resort might have one, but I wouldn't want our guests searching for an hour over that entire huge resort to find a dropbox.  I am definitely going to go with your idea!  Especially since we have a bunch of leftover personalized postcard stamps from our save the dates (also ordered from Zazzle).  I just love Zazzle, apparently! :)

Thanks for all the ideas, Vettiebean!:)

Quote:

Hi all!

-Map

-Bug Spray

-Loofa (2 in each bag)

-Mexican Candies

-Gum

Hi girls - I just wanted to drop a super quick message as loads of people are getting married around the same time as us and are asking about photographers. 

We get married on Saturday 6th August and our photographers are ........La Luna.  Part of the Del Sol group.  I have been emailing with Matt Adcock and the lovely Melissa for months now and I can definitely confirm they ARE allowed to shoot there.  I just dont understand why the Moon Palace co-ordinators have not had this fed down to them?  So many girls like me panicking about the quality of their pictures.  I had an email from the chief wedding lady at Palace Resorts confirming that it was fine to use them.  And Matt has been totally on the ball with it all - chasing them up when and where neccessary.

Anyway enough ranting!  I actually wanted to recomend them to you all.  I just thought, there service has been superb and people dont realise you can book them.  Cant wait to get out there and put faces to names now!