Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts



they are lovely!!! thats actually the color I went with for my bridal party too :) and I have 8 BMs also... but I picked out the color Guava from David's Bridal for them

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post


OMG, you are so lucky JennW818 for winning the wedding dress and the BM dresses! I just bought my girls their dresses from Jcrew. I was really lucky b/c they were on sale for $50 and were the perfect color. I decided to pay for them since they were spending so much to come to the wedding. I have 8 girls so sometimes I wish I had 3 or 4 but I love them all so I had to have 8.  I got the girls the silk tricotine dress in sophia and allegra in the color deep rose which actually is coral like. I should be getting them this week. Wish me luck they look good!
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for the photographer, I have no idea what to do. I think I am just going to just use the resort photographer. I heard mixed reviews as well but I can't afford too much. I really only want to spend only $3K or less and I doubt I'll find anyone that cheap outside the resort. I guess I better do some more research . . .

 

Yeah, I think we read the same review for the flowers. I think she used cancun florists. One tip my cousin told me was to singe the bottom of the roses to seal the moisture in so they don't wilt. She said they used a curling iron. Don't take my word for it but she did the flowers for her best friend's wedding and said it really worked and she got married in July heat.

 

 

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Honestly, I think all of the venues, inside and out are beautiful.  I don't think we could go wrong with any of them. 

 

I found a post on here from a bride who order her flowers from a local florist in Cancun and had them delivered.  The florist said they were a gift from a guest.  I'm going to contact the florist she used for prices.  I will even go pick them up if need be.  I also think that money can be better spent.  Have you decided what  you are doing for a photographer?

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I still can't believe you have 300+ guests invited and will possibly have 150 there! Yeah high ceilings are nice. When I asked Deco Cancun for the quote for the draping for the Star Ballroom, it was crazy. Do you know what kind of chairs you're doing? I asked about chairs and it was $7/piece! That's too much. I am thinking of bringing my own sashes and table cloths since I doubt they will have hot pink. Since we have the same colors maybe we can coordinate part of the order since I don't have nearly as many guests as you.

 

Also did you miami coordinator tell you that the Star Ballroom is really far from the chapel? She was like your chapel is on the Nizuic side and the chapel is on the sunrise side . . .Not sure if she was trying to warn me or sway me from the Star Ballroom. I am also thinking of just doing cocktail hour in the chapel gardens so my guests can just go right to the cocktail from the ceremony.

 

I really hope I get the unlimited events b/c my budget is banking on it!

 

Originally Posted by CynLovesLuis View Post



Interesting information Terpgurl!  I asked for the Star Ballroom because i'm thinking 150 guests... and this ballroom has MUCH MUCH higher ceilings than the Carey Ballroom...but I definitely am concerned about what you are talking about... and having a reception hall that looks more empty than full...


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yeah, I am on the fence as well.  I request prices from a list of photographers today.  If you want, I can pass that info along once I get it.

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

So for the photographer, I have no idea what to do. I think I am just going to just use the resort photographer. I heard mixed reviews as well but I can't afford too much. I really only want to spend only $3K or less and I doubt I'll find anyone that cheap outside the resort. I guess I better do some more research . . .

 

Yeah, I think we read the same review for the flowers. I think she used cancun florists. One tip my cousin told me was to singe the bottom of the roses to seal the moisture in so they don't wilt. She said they used a curling iron. Don't take my word for it but she did the flowers for her best friend's wedding and said it really worked and she got married in July heat.

 

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really nervous about the photography as well. I have a good friend whose sister-in-law got married at MP last year and used the resort photographer, and she cried when she got her pictures. They were awful, and she paid quite a bit for them. She said her biggest regret of her entire wedding was using the resort photographer. 

I'm going with Ivan Luckie. As long as you pay for a day pass, the outside photographer will be considered a guest at your wedding. Ivan is amazing and incredibly affordable!! WAY less than your budget of $3000. His website is http://www.luckiephotography.com . 

I encourage you to check him out! Good luck! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this info.  I just email him for prices.  His pictures are beautiful.

 

Originally Posted by KeshiaV View Post

I was really nervous about the photography as well. I have a good friend whose sister-in-law got married at MP last year and used the resort photographer, and she cried when she got her pictures. They were awful, and she paid quite a bit for them. She said her biggest regret of her entire wedding was using the resort photographer. 

I'm going with Ivan Luckie. As long as you pay for a day pass, the outside photographer will be considered a guest at your wedding. Ivan is amazing and incredibly affordable!! WAY less than your budget of $3000. His website is http://www.luckiephotography.com . 

I encourage you to check him out! Good luck! :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Keshia! I'll look into him. So who did your SIL's friend's wedding. Was it David Pena? Now you got me scared!

 

Jennw818, I would love the prices for the resort photographer.


Have you guys heard of Elizabeth Medina? I heard she's amazing and I've seen her work. I emailed her but never got a response . . . I bet she's way out of my budget though.

 

Originally Posted by KeshiaV View Post

I was really nervous about the photography as well. I have a good friend whose sister-in-law got married at MP last year and used the resort photographer, and she cried when she got her pictures. They were awful, and she paid quite a bit for them. She said her biggest regret of her entire wedding was using the resort photographer. 

I'm going with Ivan Luckie. As long as you pay for a day pass, the outside photographer will be considered a guest at your wedding. Ivan is amazing and incredibly affordable!! WAY less than your budget of $3000. His website is http://www.luckiephotography.com . 

I encourage you to check him out! Good luck! :)



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually managed to find a photographer here that is going to come to Cancun for no extra cost. All we have to do is purchase a regular 2 photographer all-day package. They did our engagement photos and we are so pleased. They consider the cost of the trip to be a reason for a vacation, and because they are going to work it is a tax deductible job related cost. I wasn't really interested in spending too much on photos, but now I'm so excited to see how they turn out. They are also including a TTD or honeymoon shoot the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Yup, that is my hope that 150 go! Yes, Zunga gave me very similar quotes.. My colors are coral though, not hot pink sad.gif Otherwise that would've been a good idea because I do plan on bringing my own linens... I went to the resort back in June or July and so I got to see the chapel and how far away it is from the Sunrise side...and yes it's quite the walk...but like you said I plan to have the cocktail hour at the chapel gardens and just give them time to walk on over if they'd wish, or take a shuttle...

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post


I still can't believe you have 300+ guests invited and will possibly have 150 there! Yeah high ceilings are nice. When I asked Deco Cancun for the quote for the draping for the Star Ballroom, it was crazy. Do you know what kind of chairs you're doing? I asked about chairs and it was $7/piece! That's too much. I am thinking of bringing my own sashes and table cloths since I doubt they will have hot pink. Since we have the same colors maybe we can coordinate part of the order since I don't have nearly as many guests as you.

 

Also did you miami coordinator tell you that the Star Ballroom is really far from the chapel? She was like your chapel is on the Nizuic side and the chapel is on the sunrise side . . .Not sure if she was trying to warn me or sway me from the Star Ballroom. I am also thinking of just doing cocktail hour in the chapel gardens so my guests can just go right to the cocktail from the ceremony.

 

I really hope I get the unlimited events b/c my budget is banking on it!

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



that would be helpful- thanks!

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post


Yeah, I am on the fence as well.  I request prices from a list of photographers today.  If you want, I can pass that info along once I get it.


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×