Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I wrote my contact in Miami about 5 or 6 months before and she told me I had to wait three months.  I wrote her back and told her I just wanted to get my events booked and I wasn't going to hound the on site WC with questions.  Then she gave me her email address.
 

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

I received an email from the wedding dept. at MP and she wrote in the email I HAVE to wait until 3 months prior to pick the places I want to have the wedding and reception at. I believe the woman I have been in contact with works out of Miami..Does anyone know how I can get ahold of someone at the actual resort?!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How far ahead can you book the salon?  How far ahead did everyone book???

 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Yeah I am paying $86 for both of mine too but like I said they changed the prices and Karla from the spa told me and my bridal party that she was only honoring the 2010 prices till the end of March so we booked immediately. For the brides who haven't booked yet. Start booking b/c the salon fills up fast. My bridal party is split up between both salons and different times. I hope I gae myself enough time to get ready!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I know I booked at least 5 months in advance and at the time the contact was Reyna and she said 3 months before my wedding she would send me a confirmation number b/c their system cannot reserve anything more than 3 months. Like clockwork, I got an email from Karla regarding my confirmations. This was the first time they contacted me before I contacted them!

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

How far ahead can you book the salon?  How far ahead did everyone book???

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny that they keep saying that, because I got my wedding number and all of my location reservations before I signed the wedding contract or room contract... and I refused to sign the contract that said 3 months; I changed the language to read "Assign a WC as soon as possible"...something like that.

 

I also did do a site visit before picking MP and met with the on-site wedding sales rep, so maybe she pulled strings. No idea.

 

 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post


I know I booked at least 5 months in advance and at the time the contact was Reyna and she said 3 months before my wedding she would send me a confirmation number b/c their system cannot reserve anything more than 3 months. Like clockwork, I got an email from Karla regarding my confirmations. This was the first time they contacted me before I contacted them!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You do have to wait 3 months before you pick, I didn't know my MP coordinator until just recently. I tired contacting her a month ago with no response bc she is probably taking care of other current brides. I am sure if you ask your Miami contact a few times, she might assign you one but that doesn't mean that the MP coordinator will get back to you ASAP. Sorry but be persistent if you really wait to contact the MP. :o
 

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

I received an email from the wedding dept. at MP and she wrote in the email I HAVE to wait until 3 months prior to pick the places I want to have the wedding and reception at. I believe the woman I have been in contact with works out of Miami..Does anyone know how I can get ahold of someone at the actual resort?!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the photographer is the owner, it is considered bad etiquette to tip. I think my dad gave the carriage driver a tip but I'm not sure. Which reminds me, when we passed the bar that is on the way to the golf course they stopped so we could have a drink. I should have had another glass of champagne. At first my dad said no, but then changed his mind, so they went back around for us.

 

Rae - We brought chair sashes and table runners. It made a huge difference. We also had freeze dried flowers. I didn't mention them and we weren't searched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mocha,

The last time I was in Cancun, it was 2 years ago and when you wen through security you pressed a button and if it was green you could just go through with your bags and if you hit red they searched your stuff. Do they still do that?

I am packing a big box of OOT stuff so I am worried I am going to hit red and they are going to make me open my box.

 

So the carriage driver let you have a drink at the bar? That's hilarious!

 

Another random question, was it difficult to get off the carriage with your dress and heels (if you wore them) I am all paranoid of falling off the carriage. My sister bought me like 4 inch heels! Not sure what I was thinking when I told her I liked them bc now I am all scared of busting my a$$ smile120.gif

 

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Mexico in January, and yes it was the red/green button for customs...
 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Mocha,

The last time I was in Cancun, it was 2 years ago and when you wen through security you pressed a button and if it was green you could just go through with your bags and if you hit red they searched your stuff. Do they still do that?

I am packing a big box of OOT stuff so I am worried I am going to hit red and they are going to make me open my box.

 

So the carriage driver let you have a drink at the bar? That's hilarious!

 

Another random question, was it difficult to get off the carriage with your dress and heels (if you wore them) I am all paranoid of falling off the carriage. My sister bought me like 4 inch heels! Not sure what I was thinking when I told her I liked them bc now I am all scared of busting my a$$ smile120.gif

 

 
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


good point.. i'm not sure then ;(
 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post


Do you really tip the photographer? I feel like he's the owner so he's getting all the money unlike the DJ or videographer. Also I am paying for his room to stay the night.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if a wc can be assigned to 2 weddings at the same time or like an hour apart? I just found out my wc has another wedding at 5 and mine is at 4! How can she take care of both of us? I am starting to freak out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×