Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone mind posting the group rate information? I am torn between booking through the resort or going through a travel agent for everything. I am not even sure how many rooms to block! My guest list keeps growing and I know not everyone is going to go but a large majority will. Is having 50+ ppl too big for a destination wedding? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

These are the rates sent by the Palace Members WC - we still have a few days to finalize our contract if someone can get me better rates.

January 4th, 2011 - April 30th 2011 (3 to 6 nights)

Double

$  197.00

per person/per night

Triple

$  190.00

per person/per night

Quad

$  182.00

per person/per night

Child

$    46.00

per child/per night

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Does anyone mind posting the group rate information? I am torn between booking through the resort or going through a travel agent for everything. I am not even sure how many rooms to block! My guest list keeps growing and I know not everyone is going to go but a large majority will. Is having 50+ ppl too big for a destination wedding? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

I think that going through the resort and travel agent will get you about the same rate.  I am using a travel agent and like it because she communicates with the resorts on a regular basis.  She's able to tell me what they usually offer and how long they take to get back to people and everything.  I also am planning on having over 50 people and I think it will be so fun.  The gazebos are big enough to hold that many and the resort is supposed to be huge.  I think the more the merrier!

No way! I am getting married June 24th at Moon Palace and I have 140 people going!

The moon palace offers AWESOME group advantages including Unlimited Group Events!

Here are the rates we are paying:

Single   $280 per person per night

Double  $160 per person per night

Triple     $154 per person per night

Quad     $144 per person per night

Child      $54 per person per night

Hi ya,

We are looking to book our wedding for 6th August 2011 - just trying to decide whether to do a group booking or go through TA.  So hard from UK!

Thanks for posting the rates ladies. I actually was playing around with dates on Expedia and for 7 days and 6 nights including airfare and tax it came to $1183 for the 2nd to last week in May. However the rates you guys posted + airfare would be much more. If my guests book through Expedia, does it still count towards the group perks?

I am from Washington DC, can anyone recommend a travel agent? Thanks! Happy Planning everyone!