Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Awesome, so this is from the in house videographers at MP?

 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Ok Ladies, I have some exciting news to share! So not sure if any of you are interested but I did some research and asked questions before getting you all excited about this.

So as I was finalizing my wedding video details, I asked Kodak randomly if they have a photobooth available for rent. I had asked Deco months ago and said how popular its in the USA and they said unfortunately they don't have one. I am not sure how new this is because I haven't heard or found anyone else doing it in the Cancun area.  It took them awhile but I got prices and what it comes with and what the booth actually looks like since I was afraid it could be some bootleg photobooth with polaroids or something.

 

Anyways, the price is pretty steep; close to US prices. Some friends of mine had one at their wedding so I asked for the cost to compare. I know its a splurge but I know my drunk friends will love it. The only thing I am not happy about is the background in the booth. The background is black with wierd stick figure ppl celebrating. I asked if it could be covered up or if there were any options for a colored background and at this time they don't have anything. So I am going to suck it up.


So they are offering the booth for 3 hours for $850. There are 6 pics per page and your guests can also do 15 second videos to you and your groom. They had a 5 hour option as well but my reception is only 4 hours. I had asked about 2 hours as an exception but they came back with $790 so I am just going with 3 hours since the price diff is not that much. 

This is what is included with the booth rental.

 

Photos and Videos Includes: - Unlimited photos. Instant printing - Unlimited videos. 15 seconds video - Webpage, where you can see the entire photos and videos of your event.
 
Events options: (you have to select between public, semiprivate or private) the costumes are included .   - Public. All people visiting the webpage can see the event - Semiprivate. Password required for entering the media gallery - Private. No gallery available at webpage. - Link your photos to Facebook - Scrapbook. Album with blank pages to attach pictures and write a dedicatory from your guest´s - DVD with media gallery - Costumes - Hostess during the event - Customized Booth. Projection of photos and personal videos on the monitor outside the booth during the event   I am still trying to find out if the DVD is included in the cost and to make sure they don't surprise me with some crazy cost for the DVD and shipping of the DVD to me. But they told me all other options are included in the cost of the rental. My favorite part is the scrapbook option. Where guests can print one copy of their photo for keepsake and then put one or all of the photos in the 2nd copy into the scrapbook and write a message. This will be our guest book:-)   Sorry this was long but I am really excited about this and wanted to be detailed as possible for any interested brides:-)  


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep Kodak/Smiley. I guess I'll be the guinea pig for you girls and you can decide when you see my pics if it's worth getting for your reception.
 

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Awesome, so this is from the in house videographers at MP?

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



This is a really good question. I have heard of other people having trouble with this. I have a TA, and those rooms do NOT count towards my room benefits... which SUCKS because I'm like 20 room nights away from having unlimited events and there are like 10 couples booked with the TA :(

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

Schica927 I have a question for you since you keep talking aboutt he resort credits...Friday I received our group contract through Moon Palace and the woman specifically wrote in the e-mail " Please be advised that if they donâ€t book through your group link or directly through me you wonâ€t get credit for those rooms." And we already have a TA we have been working with and I noticed you are using one also. Did you have any problems with making sure your guests and yourself receive the credits?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I thought about that myself ...regarding my TA. Because I'm not paying her anything and she's essentially offering the same low rates I got as a member through the resort itself.

For me it was either offer the same low price and NOT have those rooms counted towards the benefits...

OR

offer the prices from the TA, which were much higher, and get those rooms counted.

 

Of course, I preferred for my guests to get the lower price. My understanding is that TAs get their own bonuses through the office and get their own vacations, etc...so I always thought maybe she ends up going to MP at some point soon too, LOL

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Kris10kay, good question. If you are referring to the resort credit, your guests will get it no matter how they book -- it's an offer from the resort itself (not specific to wedding parties).

PS -- you guys all heard that the resort credit promotion is extended through October, right?

 

A word of caution: So we started working with a TA before had the room contract thinking she'd be able to get good air+hotel deals for our guests. Once we rec'd our wedding rates, it turned out to be much lower than any deals our TA could get... and we HAD to use the room contract and link to get the low hotel rates. Now our TA is literally fielding our guests and booking their stay through the link itself... so we get our room nights... so basically, if your guests book through expedia, or if your TA finds a cheap package deal that's better than the room price, then you WILL NOT get the room nights... just FYI.

 

We have a LOT of people, and I didn't want to send our guests the link directly because 1) I didn't want to take all the questions and 2) I didn't want to manage the list of everyone's arrival and departure times, transfers, room type, etc. So our TA is doing all of that.

 

The funny thing is, I have NO idea how our TA is making money... they usually get a cut from the hotels and airlines they work with. But in this instance, she's not getting anything from the hotel because it's their link she's using to book AND the rates she gets for flights alone aren't much lower than flights we've been finding on our own... so we've been telling our guests to book flights on their own and then contact the TA for their transfers and room reservation...
 

Hope this helps.

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Sounds great--- I imagine you can take a nice and bright cloth for the background, in your wedding colors of course... and cover up the cheesy stick figures :)

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Ok Ladies, I have some exciting news to share! So not sure if any of you are interested but I did some research and asked questions before getting you all excited about this.

So as I was finalizing my wedding video details, I asked Kodak randomly if they have a photobooth available for rent. I had asked Deco months ago and said how popular its in the USA and they said unfortunately they don't have one. I am not sure how new this is because I haven't heard or found anyone else doing it in the Cancun area.  It took them awhile but I got prices and what it comes with and what the booth actually looks like since I was afraid it could be some bootleg photobooth with polaroids or something.

 

Anyways, the price is pretty steep; close to US prices. Some friends of mine had one at their wedding so I asked for the cost to compare. I know its a splurge but I know my drunk friends will love it. The only thing I am not happy about is the background in the booth. The background is black with wierd stick figure ppl celebrating. I asked if it could be covered up or if there were any options for a colored background and at this time they don't have anything. So I am going to suck it up.


So they are offering the booth for 3 hours for $850. There are 6 pics per page and your guests can also do 15 second videos to you and your groom. They had a 5 hour option as well but my reception is only 4 hours. I had asked about 2 hours as an exception but they came back with $790 so I am just going with 3 hours since the price diff is not that much. 

This is what is included with the booth rental.

 

Photos and Videos Includes: - Unlimited photos. Instant printing - Unlimited videos. 15 seconds video - Webpage, where you can see the entire photos and videos of your event.
 
Events options: (you have to select between public, semiprivate or private) the costumes are included .   - Public. All people visiting the webpage can see the event - Semiprivate. Password required for entering the media gallery - Private. No gallery available at webpage. - Link your photos to Facebook - Scrapbook. Album with blank pages to attach pictures and write a dedicatory from your guest´s - DVD with media gallery - Costumes - Hostess during the event - Customized Booth. Projection of photos and personal videos on the monitor outside the booth during the event   I am still trying to find out if the DVD is included in the cost and to make sure they don't surprise me with some crazy cost for the DVD and shipping of the DVD to me. But they told me all other options are included in the cost of the rental. My favorite part is the scrapbook option. Where guests can print one copy of their photo for keepsake and then put one or all of the photos in the 2nd copy into the scrapbook and write a message. This will be our guest book:-)   Sorry this was long but I am really excited about this and wanted to be detailed as possible for any interested brides:-)  


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It's absolutely gorgeous... I don't konw anything about the course though and how it is to actually PLAY golf, LOL.. but its amazingly beautiful
 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Thanks Mocha, I hope the price of the rentals don't change in the next couple of weeks b/c I just sent an email out to the guys. So is this golf course amazing as it advertises?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's my understanding too... that's why I was surprised that my TA agreed to still manage our group after finding out that she can't give our guests the deals, they have to book through the resort link directly...


So now, a guest calls, she answers all their questions, and then she makes the booking for them through the link that MP gave us... and doesn't charge any extra! She takes the guests CC number and puts it into the site for them to pay the deposit... she's so sweet! And I have NO idea how she's making money?!?

 

Originally Posted by Amara3CUS View Post



I thought about that myself ...regarding my TA. Because I'm not paying her anything and she's essentially offering the same low rates I got as a member through the resort itself.

For me it was either offer the same low price and NOT have those rooms counted towards the benefits...

OR

offer the prices from the TA, which were much higher, and get those rooms counted.

 

Of course, I preferred for my guests to get the lower price. My understanding is that TAs get their own bonuses through the office and get their own vacations, etc...so I always thought maybe she ends up going to MP at some point soon too, LOL



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



That's super nice, at this point I"m everyone's TA LOL

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Yeah, that's my understanding too... that's why I was surprised that my TA agreed to still manage our group after finding out that she can't give our guests the deals, they have to book through the resort link directly...


So now, a guest calls, she answers all their questions, and then she makes the booking for them through the link that MP gave us... and doesn't charge any extra! She takes the guests CC number and puts it into the site for them to pay the deposit... she's so sweet! And I have NO idea how she's making money?!?

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahhhhh Just received word today that ALBERTO from the salon is no longer there!!!! :( And Doris is booked the day of my wedding and the only appt time would be 1pm which is TOO late for me...

Karla from the spa is suggesting Silvina, does anyone know anything about here?!?!1 WHO should I request now?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hubby told me last night that the course is okay. It is really nice, but it's not worth what they charge for a round. He said he wouldn't play there again if he had to pay that amount out of pocket.

 

Oh, and I keep forgetting to tell all of you something. If you are getting jewelry for your bridesmaids, consider getting a cuff that will cover their resort wristbands. MP lets the bride and groom cut theirs off, but not the bridal party. I haven't seen our pictures yet, but it might be something to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×