Thank you Mocha.  Did you do any tours or anything? If so which companies did you go with?

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Yes, the sparkling wine is always available. I had mimosas most mornings, and a few times I saw girls walking around at night drinking straight out of the bottle.

I didn't have make up remover, so yes, it took days to completely get rid of it all.

The only time I saw the Moet pink was at the reception. I probably should have told MIL to not pay for it, but she asked if it was okay and I agreed.

I don't think there is any charge for the bikes or tennis equipment. You just have to sign it in and out.

Kristi, don't worry at all. Moon Palace is like a secure compound. There is only one road in/out and it is far from the highway. Everyone has to sign in and out to access the grounds. If you're not on a tour bus you have to provide your bracelet number at the security gate. We had one guest arrive late and they made him sit on a chair in the lobby for two hours until they figured out what room he was supposed to be in. They wouldn't even let him get a bottle of water! It is super secure. We didn't have any issues when we were off the resort either.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you SChica,

The girls at work were talking and saying that people aren't even mentioning the crazy crimes happening because they are afraid for their lives.  Someone said an entire tourbus of tourists were killed and buried.  I feel like the resort would be fine, but what if one of our guests (or us) decide to venture out to go snorkeling or that trip to Tulum.  I'm just uneasy about it.  But I don't think my fiance' is excited at all about changing locations. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Honestly, I think Cancun is fine. And Mocha's right -- MP is like a compound, super secure.

Most of the crimes that have been going on have been in the Baja California Peninsula (so clear on the other side of the country from Cancun)... and it occurs along the US/Mex border at most times...

Just be smart when you travel, that's all. I wouldn't worry too much.

Mocha,

Do you know what kind of makeup they use and if its waterproof???

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Terpgurl - I didn't plan on burning, but I also wanted a dark tan. I was slathering on the moisturizer to prevent peeling, but never really bothered with sunscreen so it's my own fault. I pre-tanned as well because it had been a long time since I was able to spend any time in the sun. My hubby and I both look really dark in our photos, many people kept mistaking us as locals and even after we told them we only spoke English, they continued speaking Spanish to us.

I didn't bring my own makeup, they just used theirs. They had a large selection. They also did my MIL's makeup and the colors looked great even on her paler skin. I've heard they do a really good job at applying fake lashes too.

We had an outdoor reception and they provided a room nearby for us to use. I changed dresses too and just had mine in a guest's room close by. I don't recall seeing anything near the ballrooms, but they might provide you with one of the concierge rooms. They are really accommodating, so I'm sure they'll find a solution for you.

Kristi - we went on the Tulum tour, Isla Mujeres, ziplining and took the Palace Resorts bus into Cancun one night. We booked everything through the tour operators that have desks set up at the resort.

The Tulum trip was a wasted day in my opinion. After the 2 hours on the bus we stopped at an expensive shopping area, then back on the bus for a half hour for the rest of the way to Tulum. Once we finally got to the ruins I was so bored with our guide that we all took off for the beach. I didn't even look at what I was taking pictures of. I did the walk by, point and shoot, we'll see what turns up later. We had lots of fun in the ocean and then spent a little time at the market where the bus drops you off. Then it was another hour on the bus to Xpu-Ha Resort where the food was mediocre but you're just so starving at that point you battle the rest of the group. There was barely any fish in the snorkeling lagoon and kids in kayaks kept running into us or hitting us on the head with paddles. Back on the bus for another hour to Moon Palace.

Isla Mujeres was a lot better. Half hour bus ride into Cancun, catch the boat to Isla Mujeres which is about 45 minutes. Arrived at Dolphin Discovery and ate the buffet lunch, then grabbed the $5 taxi ride to Isla Mujeres Palace. There we lounged in the pool and at the swim up bar, tried out the water cycles, and ate again at their buffet. Then we took another $5 taxi ride back into the town for some shopping. The boat ride back is more fun with tequila shooters. Then a quick nap on the bus for the ride back to MP.

The ziplining place is across the street from MP but they take you on a 20 minute ride to try to sell you additional activities. It was fun and only lasted about half an hour. They didn't want to take us back to the resort right away so a group of us paid $28 to have a bus take us back across the street so we wouldn't have to wait.

The bus to Cancun was quiet, we got off at Beach Palace because it is close to La Isla for shopping. Don't bother going to Flamingo Mall it's just expensive crappy stuff. We walked around La Isla and then checked out Beach Palace, grabbed some dinner there and caught the bus back to MP.

I think safety can be an issue anywhere. Just consider your nearest downtown, there's probably areas you avoid and people you wouldn't talk to. It's the same thing anywhere, don't look for trouble and you'll be fine.

beatyea - I have no idea because nothing had labels on it. I did manage to get some on my dress but it came off easily with a little soap and water and the rest lasted all night. My skin isn't sensitive so I didn't worry about brands. I held back my tears, but I did sweat a little and nothing smeared.

Mocha, thanks for being so responsive and helping all us girls out.

I am barely getting any work done! I am all over this site today:-)

I have another question for you Mocha, did you worry about your e-ring? My mother in law was like you should wear a fake ring so ppl don't try to rob your for your ring. I think it's crazy that she thinks that but I just wanted to ask other brides if they are worried about their e-rings in Mexico.

I went to Puerto Vallarta right after I got engaged (like our engagement moon), and I took my ring off when I was in the ocean or something like that (just locked it in the room safe), but then I wore it around the resort no problem. When we were at the airport and commuting, I just spun it around so the diamond was on the inside... but that's just me being paranoid.

I didn't think it was a huge problem at all...

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

I have another question for you Mocha, did you worry about your e-ring? My mother in law was like you should wear a fake ring so ppl don't try to rob your for your ring. I think it's crazy that she thinks that but I just wanted to ask other brides if they are worried about their e-rings in Mexico.

I didn't worry at all about my e-ring. I absolutely love it and love getting compliments on it so I always wear it. The only day I locked it in the safe was the trip to Tulum because I knew we would be going into the ocean to play in the waves. It is a little big on me, so I didn't want to worry about losing it. As for everywhere else, there's always plenty of women wearing huge rings, why buy it if you can't show it off.

I really don't think there is much to worry about.  I think most of the violence is on the the other side and in border towns.  I never felt unsafe.  My Mom and stepdad also went to Tulum and to swim with dolphins and didn't say anything about being scared.  We had several people go in to town too.  I think that if you are smart and aware you shouldn't have a problem.  I honestly think that most of the violence has to do with drug trafficking.  So if you plan to stay clear of that I don't think you should have a problem.  People are going to be concerned though not matter what.  You just have to tell them if they are smart travelrs there is no reason to be.

Originally Posted by Kristibear View Post

I think I may be getting paranoid.  Are any of you worried about all the crimes against Americans in Mexico.  I have had MP booked for months, but I am just now getting ready to make my invitations and panic set in.  I am starting to think of other possible locations even if I do lose my deposit. What do you ladies think?  Has anyone looked into this?

Your mother in law sounds like mine!  She told me the same things and said she wasn't going to wear her's.  When we got to the resort she did though so she must have felt safe.  I didn't swim with mine ever but I never do.  I put my e-ring, our wedding bands, phones, computers, birth certificates, passports, and my mother' s pearls in the safe everyday and everything was always there!  

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post