Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Been looking at this forum for a while but just signed up. I have my wedding booked for October 3rd 2011 at 3pm. I have been to the resort 3 times so know lots about the resort but haven't started wedding planning yet!!

Is anyone there at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you hire the videographer from the resort? How was the quality? are you happy with the end results?
 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

So happy to announce that we received our wedding video on Friday. It looks like it only took two days to get from Mexico to Canada.

 

Terpgirl - I brought all our welcome bags in one suitcase and I think they pulled it out because of the number bottles because it didn't come out on the conveyor belt with everyone else's bags and we actually had to look around the airport for an hour trying to find it. Thankfully, everything was there though. It just cut into our first day and made us late for the airport transfer which caused another delay.

 

Schica - I actually had a real touch bouquet and asked Valeria to have the comp bouquet added to it. They only used about a third of the flowers I originally provided, and I didn't get the others returned. But it did look beautiful and there was no extra charge. My original bouquet had a silver ribbon, but they replaced it with an ivory one. She also allowed us to add one item from another menu.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we used the resort videographer. The quality is good. It is kind of strange that through the whole ceremony there is only one shot of my parents and the rest is focused directly on us. It's definitely a keepsake, but I don't think it's worth the $400 that they charge. If someone attending has a good camera and can mic up the JoP it would be just as well. Because of all the wind, we couldn't hear him, so it was nice to hear what he was saying. Hubby looks so intense because he is trying so hard to hear him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You! It's great that I can use my resort credit for the videographer, so I'll save some money. However, I'm still unsure whether or not I should hire an outside videographer? Pictures are def the most important to me,  I would love to have a good video though. Decisions.... Decisions.... LOL
 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Yes, we used the resort videographer. The quality is good. It is kind of strange that through the whole ceremony there is only one shot of my parents and the rest is focused directly on us. It's definitely a keepsake, but I don't think it's worth the $400 that they charge. If someone attending has a good camera and can mic up the JoP it would be just as well. Because of all the wind, we couldn't hear him, so it was nice to hear what he was saying. Hubby looks so intense because he is trying so hard to hear him.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you able to use the resort credit for extra hours?
 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Just remember, the resort videographer just does the ceremony. If you want video of any speeches or dances, you'll have to pay for extra hours.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DiamondGirl,

I think you were able to use the resort dollars for the extra hours but since they changed the rules for video and resort dollars, they won't let you add on now. Did you get them to agree to use your resort dollars for your 1st hour of video yet b/c if you haven't, I know they are not honoring the resort dollars anymore.
 

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post

Are you able to use the resort credit for extra hours?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you were ever allowed to use resort dollars for extra hours.

 

On another note, for people that booked through a Palace membership, when we arrived we were informed that the bride and groom each got a free 25 minute back massage and they offered a free $300 photo package, but we declined it since we already had photographers. In hind sight, we probably should have asked if we could use it for a separate photo session on a different day (just for fun).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I forgot to add a comment about the pouffy hair situation. I requested Alberto for my hair and the picture I brought had a puff. It turned out great. I was worried it would be too high, but it was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Mocha, can you post a pic of your hair for us please? I requested Roberto but he doesn't work on Sundays:-( So I got Doris and I heard she's good but not with the puff. I do have a hair trial though so I hope she can pull it off. I want my hair to be like this. BTW, I found this pic from another MP's brides pic. Hope she's not mad that I posted this hair but I love it!

 

Hair 2.JPG

 

 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Oh, I forgot to add a comment about the pouffy hair situation. I requested Alberto for my hair and the picture I brought had a puff. It turned out great. I was worried it would be too high, but it was perfect.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×