Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I saw these cute glass vases at the nail shop today that I can make centerpieces out of from the $1 store!! It had acrylic rocks filled half way with water and floating flowers!! So cute, simple, and inexpensive to make ;)

 

So we only booked our wedding for 5 days but we are going to add 2 more days for our honeymoon are you guys staying at the resort, another palace resort, or a different resort period? Any suggestions?? Preferrably adults only, beautiful beach, and in Cancun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia, We are just continuing our stay at MP, but you could move to Aventura or Isla Mujeres Palace resorts. Aventura has an adults only section and Isla Mujeres is completely couples only. You might even be able to count those nights towards you room nights for free benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Vettiebean=)  I am using La luna and they are approved vendors.  But I was just told there is a $300 dollar vending fee for outside vendors.  I am upset about that because I have been reading that day passes worked for everyone.  La luna has been wonderful and they are checking on this for me.  I guess I will find out soon how much more $$$$ I will be putting out!  Has anyone else had this experience? 
 

Originally Posted by Vettiebean View Post

SASCHA GLUCK PHOTOGRAPHY: Hi everyone! If you're using Sascha or have used Sascha, can you please just tell us how you got him on site? I've heard everything from day passes to booking a night's stay to paying a vendor fee. I have gone through the thread and noticed a lot of confusion/questions over this, too. I am asking about Sascha specifically because I think La Luna/Del Sol are on some sort of approved vendors list, so it is probably different for them.

 

Thank you SO much everyone!! Btw, I am so excited. His photos look fantastic!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just book Sascha for our wedding and I specifically asked him how other brides got around the no-outside-vendor policy at MP. He told me that most of the time they would book him & his assistant a room for 1 night. For me it comes out the same as getting day passes price wise b/c I'm doing TTD session the next day with him too.

HTH

 

Originally Posted by Vettiebean View Post

SASCHA GLUCK PHOTOGRAPHY: Hi everyone! If you're using Sascha or have used Sascha, can you please just tell us how you got him on site? I've heard everything from day passes to booking a night's stay to paying a vendor fee. I have gone through the thread and noticed a lot of confusion/questions over this, too. I am asking about Sascha specifically because I think La Luna/Del Sol are on some sort of approved vendors list, so it is probably different for them.

 

Thank you SO much everyone!! Btw, I am so excited. His photos look fantastic!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm leaving to Cabo after my wedding. You should look into Valentin Imperial Maya, Excellence or any of the Leblanc resorts. These are adults only and have great reviews. I believe they're AI as well.


 

Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post

I saw these cute glass vases at the nail shop today that I can make centerpieces out of from the $1 store!! It had acrylic rocks filled half way with water and floating flowers!! So cute, simple, and inexpensive to make ;)

 

So we only booked our wedding for 5 days but we are going to add 2 more days for our honeymoon are you guys staying at the resort, another palace resort, or a different resort period? Any suggestions?? Preferrably adults only, beautiful beach, and in Cancun



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Hi,

i am Professional Photographer living at Punta Cana...

in my expirience i have done more than 300 Weddings already in Punta Cana!

You can chek out my work in my Web Page....KALAPHOTOGRAPHY

 

www.kalaphotography.com

 


Contact me for more infromation.

Congratulation and have a great time in here!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this is super weird because Sascha is charging me a RIDICULOUS amount of money to do our photography -- so much so that it's cheaper to fly in our top choice photographer from NYC than to go with him... and they're not staying over night... They want me to move my events around so they're closer together and they won't have to go back and forth...

 

So needless to say, I was a bit annoyed -- so I'm pretty sure we're going to just fly our photog in...

 

Originally Posted by LanaM View Post

I just book Sascha for our wedding and I specifically asked him how other brides got around the no-outside-vendor policy at MP. He told me that most of the time they would book him & his assistant a room for 1 night. For me it comes out the same as getting day passes price wise b/c I'm doing TTD session the next day with him too.

HTH

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi SChica, Sascha was going to charge you more, he wasn't spending the night, and wanted you to move around the events? (Checking to make sure I understood correctly)

 

That's really surprising! Of course, I believe what you're saying is true, but we all have different experiences working with people. I'm just so surprised because it seems so different from any interaction I've had with him. Granted, we've only been back and forth via email a few times, but he seemed really accommodating and of the photographers who made my short list, he was very reasonably priced. And I'm a bride on a budget, so I definitely priced around first!

 

Weeeird. I think the one night room thing is the most common at this point. But dammit, I want day passes instead! lol Stupid vendor rules... give us better options and more quality photogs and we wouldn't look elsewhere! grrr

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

So, this is super weird because Sascha is charging me a RIDICULOUS amount of money to do our photography -- so much so that it's cheaper to fly in our top choice photographer from NYC than to go with him... and they're not staying over night... They want me to move my events around so they're closer together and they won't have to go back and forth...

 

So needless to say, I was a bit annoyed -- so I'm pretty sure we're going to just fly our photog in...

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I'd share my 2cents on the topic of photographers. I'm actually a professional photographer myself. That is the only thing I told my husband(weird calling him that) I wanted. I haven't seen my photos from the wedding because it was only a week ago, but I am nervous. My photographer does awesome work, but I am worried as she didn't know the flow of how their weddings go. Church weddings are all very typical....beach weddings are not.   I had the carriage and I'm not sure she got a good shot of it...when I arrived she was down on the beach waiting for me to walk down the aisle.  I watched a wedding the following day at the same location, but they had the resort photographer and they have it down to a science. The carriage, WC, bride paused when they arrived for pictures, then the bride got out and that gave the photographer time to get down to the beach. Same with the videographer. My sister did my videography, she used to do it as a business....she set up where the carriage was. When I watched the wedding the following day the videographer was in the aisle inbetween the first rows.  I wouldn't discourage anyone from taking their own photographer, however if you hire one...I would encourage you to have them watch a wedding prior to shooting yours to see how everything works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely agree with you Vettiebean,

I am also a bride on a budget and Sascha's rates were the most reasonable and our interraction over email was very positive.

 

 

SChica,

If you'd like I can PM you Sascha's rates he offered me. Let me know



 

Originally Posted by Vettiebean View Post


Hi SChica, Sascha was going to charge you more, he wasn't spending the night, and wanted you to move around the events? (Checking to make sure I understood correctly)

 

That's really surprising! Of course, I believe what you're saying is true, but we all have different experiences working with people. I'm just so surprised because it seems so different from any interaction I've had with him. Granted, we've only been back and forth via email a few times, but he seemed really accommodating and of the photographers who made my short list, he was very reasonably priced. And I'm a bride on a budget, so I definitely priced around first!

 

Weeeird. I think the one night room thing is the most common at this point. But dammit, I want day passes instead! lol Stupid vendor rules... give us better options and more quality photogs and we wouldn't look elsewhere! grrr



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×