• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had my wedding at Moon Palace in June.  Everything was perfect. The mosquitoes were not bad at all when we went.  We did put spray in the OOT bags for the guests.  We did not use any!  I am going to post a review soon.  We had our ceremony under the Tucan Terrace and the cocktail hour/reception in the grand section on the terrace that is on top of the restaurant. I can't remember the name right now.  I changed it from the Tucan terrace to that at the last minute.  We did have to pay extra but it was worth it for us.  Here is a link to our pictures. When I was planning seeing pictures really helped!  La Luna photography was wonderful!  Jonathan did a great job.    http://lalunaphotographers.com/blog/gallery/jonathan/weddings/amanda-byron/

You were a BEAUTIFUL bride!! Your pictures are great! The terrace in the grand section, how many people were allowed to be up there? And do you happen to remember the extra cost for the terrace?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace13 View Post

I just had my wedding at Moon Palace in June.  Everything was perfect. The mosquitoes were not bad at all when we went.  We did put spray in the OOT bags for the guests.  We did not use any!  I am going to post a review soon.  We had our ceremony under the Tucan Terrace and the cocktail hour/reception in the grand section on the terrace that is on top of the restaurant. I can't remember the name right now.  I changed it from the Tucan terrace to that at the last minute.  We did have to pay extra but it was worth it for us.  Here is a link to our pictures. When I was planning seeing pictures really helped!  La Luna photography was wonderful!  Jonathan did a great job.    http://lalunaphotographers.com/blog/gallery/jonathan/weddings/amanda-byron/

The Tucan is on the Nizuc side.  I got married at the chapel and then we walked there.  We had a cocktail hour at the garden next to it and then the reception at the tucan terrace.

The mosquitoes were not bad when we were there (April) but it also didn't rain.

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

Where is Tucan located?

Also has anyone been to MP in June?  How bad are the mosquitoes?

Thank you so much for the compliments=)  I do not know how many people were allowed up there.  We had a very small wedding.  27 people and that was including the 2 photographers.  I looked for my paper work to see how much it was per head---can't find it.  I know it was a total of about $300.  It was well worth it for us.  There is a sushi bar up there so there was really nice lounge furniture.  Claudia my coordinator said they keep it up there.  I was hoping that because I did not want them to move it.  It also rained on my wedding day.  My ceremony was @ 4:00 and the sky fell in @1:30.  It cleared up right before and she called me to see if I wanted to move the reception inside.  I told her no, so they moved it under the covered part by the bar=)  It worked out perfect.  We were still able to enjoy outside with a beautiful view without getting poured on (It started to rain right after the ceremony).  My guests booked enough nights for us to have a free 1hr cocktail party.  I extended that for 1 hour and rented the ipod hook up with 1 speaker.  It was perfect.  I was so worried about it being cheesy..lol...but it really was not.  I am from the south where we usually have HUGE weddings.  I was really worried because I did not spend the extra money on center pieces, table clothes, etc....  In the long run it really did not matter.  Everything was perfect and the view was enough for decorations.  I had the emerald package and I want to say the total cost was around $4,000 for the entire wedding.  We had a big reception when we got home so I did not want to spend the money there.  I was really happy with everything there.  Everyone was so great.  I do suggest staying on the Grand side if you want a big room.  The rooms are TWICE the size and brand new.  Perfect for a bride to get ready in.  We actually were in the Nizuc and switched rooms after we saw a room in the Grand section.  Its just very far away from sunrise where there is a lot of entertainment. Its all preference but I thought that side was better for honeymooners and adults looking to relax!    

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

You were a BEAUTIFUL bride!! Your pictures are great! The terrace in the grand section, how many people were allowed to be up there? And do you happen to remember the extra cost for the terrace?

Quote:

Does anybody know where I can view some photos from a REAL amethyst rose package wedding?? My bridesmaid dresses are rasberry, so I want all the accents in rasberry including my bouquet, shoes and table runners etc.

My WC sent me some pics of some of the bouquets b/c I get a complimentary one...but none look rasberry/sangria to me. They're all pink and purple :/ So I was thinking I would have to use Marvin for my bouqet and use my complimentary one as decoration or for the MOG...b/c he's walking her down the aisle.

bouquet main.bmp

The pic above is kind of what I want. I found this from a bride from the forum. I know MP has a flower book with more options but I'm worried if I don't order my bouquet from Marvin in advance and then meet with my WC when I get there I'll be stuck with a bouquet from the album that doesnt match perfectly :/

Also organza table cloths and table runners and chair stashes. I want the table deco to match the wedding but I can't match it until I know what the wedding deco will look like. I don't want to bank on the pics from the website b/c I don't think it will actually look like that. I don't think it will be THAT purple. The package is amethyst ROSE..so I don't know will it be more rosy then purplish.

Table Deco2.bmp

I wanted my tables two toned the (like above) lighter color (rose/amethyst) as the organza table cloth and rasberry/sangria solid table runners...do they even have this???...My head hurts lol.

Bless you if you read this far...dizzy.gif

Any suggestions tips anything will be greatly appreciated!!! cheer2.gif

Originally Posted by MrsD2B View Post
My WC sent me some pics of some of the bouquets b/c I get a complimentary one...but none look rasberry/sangria to me. They're all pink and purple :/ So I was thinking I would have to use Marvin for my bouqet and use my complimentary one as decoration or for the MOG...b/c he's walking her down the aisle.

bouquet main.bmp

The pic above is kind of what I want. I found this from a bride from the forum. I know MP has a flower book with more options but I'm worried if I don't order my bouquet from Marvin in advance and then meet with my WC when I get there I'll be stuck with a bouquet from the album that doesnt match perfectly :/

If you really want specific flowers, here's what I did. I had my heart set on orange calla lilies, but didn't want to pay the MP price. So I ordered real touch flowers and made my own bouquet. When we got to MP I asked our WC if I could have the comp bouquet incorporated into mine. They added fuchsia roses and it turned out beautiful. I made the BM bouquets completely out of real touch flowers and no one could tell they were fake.

Bouquets.bmp

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

For ladies who married at MP, when you had your cocktail function how long did it last?

Did anyone hire a Mexican Trio for their cocktail?  Did their rates differ from ceremony?

How long did the ceremony last?

Our civil ceremony started at about 3:10 and by 3:25 we were married and the ceremony was over.

We had the cocktail hour immediately afterwards in the adjacent area. It lasted one hour. At the end of the hour, our WC announced that cocktail hour was done and that the guests could go the lobby bar until the reception. My mom still laughs about the way it ended.