They have program fans on Amazon.com that are pretty cheap.  I think you get 24 for about $10.

I was going to get them and just put our name on them because I wasn't planning on doing a program.

Originally Posted by kyndall View Post

I did not make them.  It was a short ceremony and I don't think anyone was too lost without them.  I have a stack of them in my car from weddings this summer...I personally wouldn't waste the money.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A fan is a really cute idea.  and will probably be really appreciated by your guest!

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

They have program fans on Amazon.com that are pretty cheap.  I think you get 24 for about $10.

I was going to get them and just put our name on them because I wasn't planning on doing a program.

We had stayed at MP for our 10th anniversary,15th anniv. at Aventura Spa Palace and chose MP to renew our vows for our 20th. I read many forums on weddings at Palace Resorts and there were pros and cons, but for our experience overall it was wonderful. Our Miami coordinator, Marlyn Toban, answered emails and calls promptly, very helpful. We had an issue with our check in, that she was able to clear up quickly. She worked with us getting last minute room bookings taken care of, which was great!
Our onsite wedding coordinator was Claudia Fonseca, everything she took care of personally was fantastic, from the details of the ceremony to staying with us through the ceremony and cocktail reception...I cannot say enough about her attention to detail.
The Resort was amazing just like we remembered, with so many restaurant choices, you never run out of things to try. My husband loved the roast duck at La Manglar ten years ago and he got to try it again on this trip. We lounged at the countless pools, Carlos at the Nizuc pool was fantastico always with a cold drink for us and making sure our Carlos, (Charley) had a snack after all that swimming and we loved the swing up bar at the Sunset side pool. Our room in the Nizuc section was spotless and always had plenty of juice boxes for our 4 year old son. With our room, we overlooked the ocean and one of the wedding gazebos, just beautiful. The day before our vow renewal my husband and I enjoyed massages at the Nizuc spa, Christina and Elizabeth were so relaxing...the day of the ceremony, Doris at the Nizuc salon did such a wonderful job with my hair and makeup..she even applied my full set of eyelashes for me. The ceremony was perfect, with gorgeous weather and an air conditioned gazebo, Charley walked me down the aisle and was Daddy's best man. Our reception was in the Aqua ballroom next to Mitas jewelry store in the Nizuc lobby. Again, Claudia was there to make sure everything was just how we wanted it.
We stayed mostly at the resort for our 9 day trip. We did go to Wet and Wild one day and do the dolphinarius experience. In all our trips to Cancun, this was the first time we swam with the dolphins and it was amazing, I enjoyed it just a much as Charley did! The other outing we did was our last night out we did the Captain Hook Pirate Dinner Cruise. We had gone on it 10 years ago and loved it. Our son who loves anything pirates said it was one of his favorite things he did in Mexico. I think Charley loves Moon Palace and Cancun as much as Mommy and Daddy does. Thank you so very much... 

We paid $220 per person for a round of golf....but that was an 'early bird' special....before 7am.  I think it is $250 per person.  Yes, you can use your resort credits for golf, but not for club rentals.  We rented clubs, and it was $50 per set of clubs. 

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

How much is the golf and how much can you use towards your resort credits?  Clubs are not included right?  Does anyone know how much they are?

I was thinking of doing Raffia fans but was thinking it was going to be more expensive, our guests would probably never use them again, I would have to make a program to attach to it anyways, and they will be harder to transport? Maybe I am thinking too hard lol but I love the way the Raffia fans look just not sure if it will be completely worth the extra effort confused.gif

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

Did anyone make a program for their ceremony? or planning too? I am torn on whether or not I want too..I had planned to make them using Raffia fans but now I am thinking I could either do something even more simple or not have a program and save the money! Any suggestions cheesy.gif

I used Raffia fans from Oriental Trading Company.  Our wedding was in July and the fans were appreciated by the guests to help with the heat.  I noticed (when watching our wedding video) a lot of people using them while waiting for the ceremony to begin.  I had no idea how everything would be ordered during the ceremony (until I met with my WC onsite), so I just designed a lengthwise business card on VistaPrint with our names, our parents names and our attendants names.  I punched a hole in the business cards and tied them to the raffia fans with ribbon. 

I too ordered raffia fans from Oriental Trading and they were VERY inexpensive. I agree that guest will appreciate them due to the heat. It also adds a nice touch as a photo prop. I'm creating my own programs. I'm purchasing a kit from michaels, print them out, punch a hole, put a ribbon through and DONE!