We haven't set a date yet, but it's looking like November 2012!

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

Shan when are you getting married??

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for sharing the photos, they are beautiful!

Originally Posted by julieswedding View Post

My daughter was married at Aventura Spa on May 20th. The packages and photogaphers are the same as Moon Palace. We had the Sapphire Package and everything was wonderful. Hair and makeup done at the salon there and it was soooo beautiful. Lasted well all day! We added a harpest for the ceremony and he was fantastic. We added extra flower arrangements at the gazebos entarance and they were beautiful and huge. We had the horsedrawn carriage after the ceremony, instead of before, so my daughter and her husband could ride in it and get photos. The fireworks were a hit and made for beautiful photos. We had David Pena, a resort photographer, for the photos and he was amazing. We paid extra for the cd of all of the photos taken that day. We had a one hour cocktail/hors d'ourves and paid extra for a sound system so we could dance. They did a rhuma for their first dance and it was wonderful! we also paid for 1 extra hour of DVD for the reception--well worth it! Dinner at ElGreco - filet and shrimp - delicious! (The extra flower arrangements we had at gazebo entrance were brought to restaurant table for decoration while we ate and then taken to our Presidential Suite entry room table. They lasted the full 2 weeks we were there.) 3 tier white fondant cake with blue scrolls, vanilla cake with fruit filling. We did pay extra to have fresh flowers that matched brides bouquet on cake (blue irises, blue hydrangeas, ivory roses). Everything went as planned and could not have been better!
We received the photos, cd and dvd before we left for home. Here are a few of her photos I put on shutterfly:
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

woo hoo!! That's exciting :) Happy planning! Had you picked your locations yet? Or were you waiting to hear from your Onsite WC?

Originally Posted by nabreu7 View Post

Finally! Kalena contacted me last night right at our 60 days. So excited to start working with her! 59 days til our big day. cheers.gif

Ok so I'm a newbie and I don't know how to e-mail you (without it being a private message).  Could you e-mail me what you learned on your visit at bojanglesgirl@hotmail.com?  Thanks

Originally Posted by damitAPRILurCOOL View Post

hi ladies!

i just came back from a site visit at moon palace.  my fiance were pretty much all set with having our wedding at MP (because of the catholic chapel), but so many things happened over the wkend that i don't think we are going to end up getting married here.  anyway, i got SO MUCH helpful information from here that i figured i should pass it on. 

i have been REALLY lucky because both my coordinators have been great at responding pretty quickly. 

carilis felipe has been awesome.  i had received two different group block rates; the cheaper rate from a TA and she was able to talk to her supervisor to meet that rate.  she responded quickly to ALL my questions; most things i knew already after reading through this forum but i wanted to get it in writing from her (which i definitely suggest).  we already had a deposit on our ceremony (11.04.11), but will most likely be cancelling it and getting our money back (so i hope that goes smoothly).  i even requested a specific site wedding planner (kalena arroniz) and she worked to get her assigned to my wedding (1+ years in advance).

kalena arroniz was GREAT.  she didn't respond as quickly some times (probably the longest i waited was one week?), but when she couldn't her assistant (karen, i think) did.  i got in touch with her early because we had planned this site and had a meeting set up with her so that we can go over wedding details. i also requested a menu and cake tasting which she set up (she even let us taste 2 different buffet options and you should see the size of the cake tastings!!!).  she walked us through the resort to the different ceremony and reception locations and helped us finalize our selections for our cocktail hr and reception.  she answered ALL my questions (i have it typed up and left it with her, but i have copies so if any of you need it.. let me know) about the ceremony, cocktail hr, and reception.  honestly, i REALLY loved kalena just from our first mtg.  she was very attentive to us through email and at our mtg and was very helpful.  if the experience with the resort itself wasn't as bad, then i would have had my heart set with MP just to have her as my coordinator.

if any of you are having a difficult time with your coordinators, i would highly suggest asking if you can switch to carilis and kalena!! :)

if anyone needs pictures of the resort or the document of questions i asked kalena, please email me and i will send it to you.  i don't go on here often (well, i will be on here more now since i basically have to start planning from scratch to look for a new resort), but i don't really like using the private messages option.  email is much more easy and quicker: damitaprilurcool at gmail dot com.

hope this helps and good luck all of you!!!

is anyone else about to lose their mind with the miami office??? Becuase i'm about to absolutely let them have it!!!

They have either given me the run around- or completely contradicted themselves or just ignored me. Im leaving in 20 days- you would think they would allow the bride to keep their sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!! BangHead.gif

It's interesting that so many of you have had issues with the Miami office, but loved your WC on site. We had completely the opposite experience!!!

Hang in there! I know how frustrating it is!!

Originally Posted by JLR1726 View Post

Does anyone know if we can completley change the Symbolic Ceremony script? Does anyone have the one that they used recently?

thanks! :)

Originally Posted by Amara3CUS View Post

is anyone else about to lose their mind with the miami office??? Becuase i'm about to absolutely let them have it!!!

They have either given me the run around- or completely contradicted themselves or just ignored me. Im leaving in 20 days- you would think they would allow the bride to keep their sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!! BangHead.gif

At this point they are trying deny me the 7 nights comp stay that i would be earning and saying that they won't apply it to my honeymoon unless I pay first.

WHICH IS COMPLETELY NOT what was told to me. they said I didn't have to do the refund thing and they would just pay ahead for me once I earn the 75 room nights.

They also originally told me that I could split it between two resorts...NOW I can't. And I need 2 nights at MP and 5 at Sun palace. When I told them that I'd pay for the 2 ahead for MP and just credit the 5 for my honeymoon...they are saying I have to pay the 5 nights at Sun Palace, then I get a check 6-8weks later...and also I asked them to send me the other 2 nights worth in the mail... and NO, I don't get the other 2 nights refunded to me.

girl_werewolf.gif