I think the grand section is for members only, but I'm not 100% sure.

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

Hey girls,

I have a question about the room block- I see that most people do it in either the sunrise or nizuc side...why doesn't anyone do the grand section?  Need some advice!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually I asked my Miami contact and she said you don't have to be a member, you can do a room block there, and its the same rates thats why I was wondering why I haven't heard people say they are doing one there

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

I think the grand section is for members only, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think ppl don't choose it b/c its kind of far from everything. That's my impression. I heard its newer and nicer though!

Actually I asked my Miami contact and she said you don't have to be a member, you can do a room block there, and its the same rates thats why I was wondering why I haven't heard people say they are doing one there

Hello Diamond Girl:

Congratulations!!! Here is some information about Smile Market, the official providers of photo and video at Moon Palace, take a look of our work, please feel free to leave your comments:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Smile-Market-Wedding-Photography/122245387855980 

http://twitter.com/#!/SMWeddingPhotos 

http://www.palaceresortsweddingphotos.com/ 

also if you have any question you can contact me at socialmedia@smilemarket.com

Congrats!!!!  Glad you had an awesome time.

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

Girls, It is the morning after and I am now married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best advice that I can give is to not stress about anything; your day will be perfect! . We did not over plan so we just went with the flow. I am so glad we did becuase perfect is boring. We have memorable moments that I am so happy for. Claudia was my coordinator and I promise she handled everything that I forgot to handle without me even having to tell her. I told DH we owe her our first born lol. Melissa and Johnathan from La Luna were our photographers and they are  amazing to work with. I actually wanted them to stay and party with us. I have so  much info to give you girls but I wont do my review until next week. If you are leaving sooner you can always PM me for info.

Thank you girls for all your help!!

-Mrs. Davis

Very few of the rooms on the Grand side have ocean views and the Grand section doesn't have a large lobby with lots of restaurants. There's only one restaurant for dinner on the Grand side.

Also, it is quite a long walk to everything if you're on the Grand side.  We had a block in the Sunrise section and on one of my runs, I measured the distance with my GPS watch from our room (which was in one of the farthest buildings on the Sunrise side) to the main pool of the Grand side, & it was exactly one mile. 

Everytime we go we stay in the Sunrise section.  The rooms there are a little newer, they have hammocks on the balcony, and my family prefers the bar area of the Sunrise lobby over the Nizuc lobby bar area.  But when we go this summer, I've requested to stay in only certain buildings (closer to the Nizuc side), so we don't end up on the far side of Sunrise again.  If you do request a block in Sunrise, I would look at the map & request the buildings that are more central.

Quote:

Hey girls,

I have a question about the room block- I see that most people do it in either the sunrise or nizuc side...why doesn't anyone do the grand section?  Need some advice!

Thank you for your help!  Do you know which buildings are more centrally located in the Sunrise section?

Originally Posted by Leigh17 View Post

Very few of the rooms on the Grand side have ocean views and the Grand section doesn't have a large lobby with lots of restaurants. There's only one restaurant for dinner on the Grand side.

Also, it is quite a long walk to everything if you're on the Grand side.  We had a block in the Sunrise section and on one of my runs, I measured the distance with my GPS watch from our room (which was in one of the farthest buildings on the Sunrise side) to the main pool of the Grand side, & it was exactly one mile. 

Everytime we go we stay in the Sunrise section.  The rooms there are a little newer, they have hammocks on the balcony, and my family prefers the bar area of the Sunrise lobby over the Nizuc lobby bar area.  But when we go this summer, I've requested to stay in only certain buildings (closer to the Nizuc side), so we don't end up on the far side of Sunrise again.  If you do request a block in Sunrise, I would look at the map & request the buildings that are more central.

Quote:

We stayed in the Grand Section and loved it. We had guest in both the Sunrise and Nizuc and DH and after seeing their rooms in comparison to ours we both agreed that it was totally worth the golf cart rides to be in the Grand Section. The rooms are huge (very important when you have a lot of wedding crap), the bathrooms are large and the balconies are GREAT!. We actually did have a view of the ocean as well.

We were in the first bldg in the grand section so the Nizuc lobby was not far from us. I was close to my gazebo. And our balcony overlooked the caribbean terrace where we whad our reception. Also because the grand section  is small the staff gets to know you really quickly. If the bus was not there when we came down the stairs Rogelio would immediately put us on a golf cart to our location. DH and I both agree that when we come back we will stay in the grand section and play in the sunrise section.

OK Girls, I can't believe I am leaving tomorrow! I want to thank all the brides on here for helping me with all my questions and for the support that only another bride could give. I am super excited for my wedding on Sunday and already thinking about how the week will fly by. I am going to have my cousin take all the random pics so I can write a review to pay it forward and to help future MP brides!

The forecast is kind of bumming me out but what can I do.  I'll try to check in during the week with updates!

Yayaya!!!! Congrats!  Don't worry about a thing!  If there's one thing you can't control its the weather!  It will still be perfect!!

I can't wait to hear all about it!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

OK Girls, I can't believe I am leaving tomorrow! I want to thank all the brides on here for helping me with all my questions and for the support that only another bride could give. I am super excited for my wedding on Sunday and already thinking about how the week will fly by. I am going to have my cousin take all the random pics so I can write a review to pay it forward and to help future MP brides!

The forecast is kind of bumming me out but what can I do.  I'll try to check in during the week with updates!