I would keep emailing her. I actually heard from her 2x this week. She really is on top of it and when I list out my questions she responds to them all. Its funny bc we used one word document to respond to everything and we're running out of colors to show our different responses.

A tip from me to you would be put together a word document and list everything out for each even you want or have questions for. Send it to her and that way you have an organized format to track all your responses. I am basically printing out that document and bringing it with me when I meet with her.

If your wedding is in August, I would keep pressing her to book your locations b/c for my May wedding, I had reserved the main ceremony/reception locations since December. All others like rehearsal dinner and welcome dinner, I just picked like 2 months ago.

Originally Posted by wedblissfor3 View Post

Terpgurl I have Kalena as well but I haven't heard from her at all yet and I am very concerned.  Any suggestions? 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting Regan!   Hopefully we will see a review in the La Luna Review Section.  Saludos from Me HI CO and thanks for posting more amazing la luna stuff!

WE have 1 La Luna wedding today at Moon Palace as well as 1 del Sol wedding, so excited!

Originally Posted by blondy View Post

I have the first few professional pictures from my wedding last month:

http://lalunaphotographers.com/blog/gallery/melissa/weddings/terry-regan/

Wow, okay i will try not to worry. Thank you sooo much. I think I'm just beginning to feel overwhelmed. Everyone on here is so supportive and so helpful:)  I did hear from my Miami coordinator today by phone, which was unusual and she tried to connect me directly by phone to Kalena but with no success. I'm getting married on August 13th, when is your wedding?

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

Hi Wedbliss,

We're getting married in August also!

Don't worry.  I don't even have a wedding coordinator yet!

I still don't know the locations or ANYTHING.

How many guests are you having?  When did you send out your invites?

Wow!  Thanks for the advice. I will prepare my document and send it over to her. 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

I would keep emailing her. I actually heard from her 2x this week. She really is on top of it and when I list out my questions she responds to them all. Its funny bc we used one word document to respond to everything and we're running out of colors to show our different responses.

A tip from me to you would be put together a word document and list everything out for each even you want or have questions for. Send it to her and that way you have an organized format to track all your responses. I am basically printing out that document and bringing it with me when I meet with her.

If your wedding is in August, I would keep pressing her to book your locations b/c for my May wedding, I had reserved the main ceremony/reception locations since December. All others like rehearsal dinner and welcome dinner, I just picked like 2 months ago.

I was told that the location for the ceremony won't be an issue, as they only do one wedding an hour, and with rare exceptions, ceremonies only last about 20 minutes. You should be able to get whatever venue you want for the ceremony itself. Receptions sites though are another matter....  Good luck! Posting on Facebook tends to get Kalena to respond a bit faster, though not much.... I hope she's as wonderful on site as everyone says she is!!

Originally Posted by wedblissfor3 View Post

Oh my gosh Mocha you look absolutely gorgeous!  I saw the details on this site before you left and I was very impressed by your planning.  It looks like from the pictures it all came out well for you.  Congratulations!!  So beautiful:)

I'm just hoping that mine comes out as well as yours.  Love the Just Married umbrella just not sure if I could pull it off quite like you.  Unfortunately I have waited until the last minute to do a lot of my planning and now I'm worried.  I get married on August 13th and I still haven't picked out my colors.  I really didn't think it would be that difficult and now I'm having problems getting in touch with Kalena, my wedding coordinator.  I've heard others complain about the same on this forum so I'm trying not to worry. I dont' even know what sites are available now for the ceremony or the reception at this point.  I'm getting daily responses from my Miami coordinator, Michelle Farinas, but still no response from Kalena.  I'm trying not to be too frustrated but a lot is riding on whether its a beach or gazebo ceremony, particularly the colors I will choose, how I will have my dress hemmed and whether I will be wearing high heels or not.msncry.gif

SOOO excited for you!!!

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

Okay Ladies, they worked out the room situation.They moved us to a room in the same bldg that has a king size bed. It also has an ocean view (very rare in the Grand Section). The room is perfect. I am so happy. They did mess up our room block. Our guest are spread all over each section but it isnt that big of a deal (none of our guest really care about stuff like that).

We had our welcome dinner today. Afterwards we went to the fire show and nightcapped at the disco! We had a great time and I am so exhausted. I am glad my wedding is not until 6pm tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the big day. I would have never made it without you guys. This time tomorrow I will no longer be Bride KSmith, I will be Bride KDavis!!

definitely- it's a painful process when people start flaking out :( all I can say is that it gets easier :'(

we have had 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsman dropped out and we picked the very best of friends we had... they were total PAINFUL shockers for us

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

My invites are going out today ladies!!

I hope that I am not too late.  We are sending out 80+ invites and I'm already getting many verbal "we don't have the money" excuses.  

Looks like it might just be my "immediate family" my FIs family won't fly.

UGH

I'm getting nervous now!!

We wanted a beautiful beach wedding and to avoid all of the family drama we were having here BUT we wanted SOME people to come!!!

Girls, It is the morning after and I am now married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best advice that I can give is to not stress about anything; your day will be perfect! . We did not over plan so we just went with the flow. I am so glad we did becuase perfect is boring. We have memorable moments that I am so happy for. Claudia was my coordinator and I promise she handled everything that I forgot to handle without me even having to tell her. I told DH we owe her our first born lol. Melissa and Johnathan from La Luna were our photographers and they are  amazing to work with. I actually wanted them to stay and party with us. I have so  much info to give you girls but I wont do my review until next week. If you are leaving sooner you can always PM me for info.

Thank you girls for all your help!!

-Mrs. Davis

Yes the fire show is on Thurday night. We were all there and had a great time. If you go make sure you get on stage and dance when they call for it. It will make for some hilarious pictures!

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Yayyy KDavis-soon-to-be!!  So excited for you!!

When you have your downtime, I have a quesiton for you (or anyone else)... does the resort have a fire show on Thursday night?!??? That's what it sounds like from your post... we're having a welcome beach party on Thursday night before my wedding, and I was going to pay for the fire show to come to our event... but if the resort already has one, I might not need to!

Any ideas?

First of all, congratulations Mrs Davis!!!!! :)

Secondly, do you know where the Fire Show performed and at what time?

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

Yes the fire show is on Thurday night. We were all there and had a great time. If you go make sure you get on stage and dance when they call for it. It will make for some hilarious pictures!