• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another reason people can find cheaper rooms on Expedia and Travelocity is that the rooms that are offered on those sites are often obstructed view rooms. This means that the garden view is obstructed by the building.  Your TA can have these rooms added to your group.  There are not a ton of these rooms so probably not your whole group. We had 3 added to our group booking and let everyone know that is an option.  Only 1 couple chose this option.  It was about $40 less than our group rate per night and were still $20 than Expedia and Travelocity were offering them for.  Also these rooms are only in the Nizuc section.  Since our group was staying in Sunrise they had to be further away from our group.  This was a great option for friends who wanted something cheaper.  Additionally when they arrived they were able to use their Palace Rewards to "upgrade" their room and ended up with a 2nd floor room in our group section.  I wouldn't guarantee guests that they will be able to upgrade and be close to everyone if they were to use this option.  Our guests did it figuring they would want to spend most of their time out of their room so not have a great view was fine with them.  It was just a bonus since they were not going to use their rewards for much else and would want to be closer to everyone else. 

Just have your TA ask for you or try to negotiate a lower price. That's why you have one.

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Is your TA booking through the link for MP? If so, unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do... maybe ask your TA to ask MP if they will lower the group rate for you...

Basically, the deals they're getting on Expedia, Travelocity, etc is because of the flight+hotel combo -- you can't say if the discounted price is coming from airfare or from the hotel. Odds are, they're sharing the cheaper price...

We had 1 guest find a cheaper package on Expedia, he called MP and they booked him and matched Expedia's price... but then the TA at MP got in trouble with the weddings department, so I would NOT recommend doing that. They told us that we HAVE to use the wedding link for our bookings to get the wedding room nights...

I know that sucks, but it's the flight prices right now that are killing us I think...

Rae,

Her name is Teresa Stauring from Vacations for Less

Here email is cleardot.giftstauring@vacations4less.com

Her contact number: Tel: 323-655-8434 / 800-200-2423 Ext. 202

She's been absolutely amazing. She even responds to my emails on the weekends! Saturday I had a panic attack b/c she sent me my updated flight info and the airline changed my outbound flight to a later time which only gave me a 40 minute layover. I was worried my bags wouldn't make the connection so I emailed her on Saturday even though she sent me these documents on Friday and she responded to me and said she would call the airline Monday morning. Without fail, I got an email this afternoon with a new flight. She's super organized and so responsive. I hope she can help you with your wedding!

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

That would be excellent! I would love the info.  Thanks :)

Be careful with this if you're working through a TA. We arranged to be altogether with our guests in one section, and now we're all over the place. Not sure how that happened, and maybe it will be straightened out, but it's no guarantee you'll wind up where you thought you were going to be!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

kris10kay, if you book through MP ask for a specific section. Otherwise, you'll probably end up in Nizuc which is the oldest part and pretty quiet. That's where they stick most of the discounted rooms. If people book separately, they won't be near you. They may be able to request a room change once you get there, but not between nizuc, sunrise and grand.

Thanks Terpgurl,

I just got off the phone with Theresa.  Unfortunately the rates are the same for her as they are with Moon Palace right now.  I think that I am still going to use her though to help keep things organized!  It's pretty hard to get in touch with people at the moon palace or the ladies in Miami.

Thanks again for the info!

Honestly I have had similar issues between guests and opting out for staying off campus (5 of them) or on the resort but booked through expedia (which is 7 more people).

I am now PANICKED about room nights :(

At this point I'm like 15 nights away but honestly 15 nights cash is still cheaper than paying for all the events I got counting on the unlimited private functions...but then again I'm also counting on the honeymoon to be free so PRAY!angel1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by alison15 View Post

Another reason people can find cheaper rooms on Expedia and Travelocity is that the rooms that are offered on those sites are often obstructed view rooms. This means that the garden view is obstructed by the building.  Your TA can have these rooms added to your group.  There are not a ton of these rooms so probably not your whole group. We had 3 added to our group booking and let everyone know that is an option.  Only 1 couple chose this option.  It was about $40 less than our group rate per night and were still $20 than Expedia and Travelocity were offering them for.  Also these rooms are only in the Nizuc section.  Since our group was staying in Sunrise they had to be further away from our group.  This was a great option for friends who wanted something cheaper.  Additionally when they arrived they were able to use their Palace Rewards to "upgrade" their room and ended up with a 2nd floor room in our group section.  I wouldn't guarantee guests that they will be able to upgrade and be close to everyone if they were to use this option.  Our guests did it figuring they would want to spend most of their time out of their room so not have a great view was fine with them.  It was just a bonus since they were not going to use their rewards for much else and would want to be closer to everyone else. 

Just have your TA ask for you or try to negotiate a lower price. That's why you have one.

I booked Gonzalo Nunez, him, along with the Band I booked are the things I am MOST excited about!!!! His work is amazing!!!!!

Originally Posted by rae12vb View Post

Has anyone booked a photographer yet?  I am in the process of getting quotes and they are all quite steep! Seems like it's the most expensive part of the wedding so far!

That's a good point. MP didn't even give us the Deluxe Resort View room category as an option... the cheapest option they gave us was Superior Deluxe Garden View...

I know that the Expedia/Travelocity stuff is cheaper because it couples the flight in, but I'm going to ask my TA if she can get MP to give us cheaper rates so the rest of my guests don't book through Expedia too...

I'll let you know what I find...

Quote:

Originally Posted by alison15 View Post