lol, thanks, maykay! I am patting myself on the back. hehe I've gotten like four PM's about it, with everyone thinking it's just hilarious. Talk about a potentially necessary item that a lot of people forget! I don't think most of us brides would even remember. Nothing like some Durex, Trojan, and Mags to put a smile on your guests' faces. But yes... I'd also steer clear of parents/grandparents playing with water balloons at the pool. undecided.gif hehe 

Perhaps, if you do cheap name tags for each bag with the recipient(s) name on the bag, the room can just deliver it to the corresponding room they're in. Should be easy enough for them. "Name: Jane Durex. Ms. Durex is staying in room 201" I'd totally tip extra if they're passing out the bags and specific ones to assigned rooms, too. hehe Or you can just deliver/hand out the bags yourself, trusty name tag still in place, of course. 

Have fun! Can't wait to see how everything turned out. 

Originally Posted by maykaym4 View Post

Oh my gosh, that condom idea is AWESOME!  Hahaha.  That's a really good idea!  I wonder if we can only put them in some of the bags and then specify which bags go to which rooms--does anyone know??  I love that condom idea because it's pretty funny AND they might come in handy!  I think most of our guests would get a kick out of it...I just wouldn't want to put any in my grandparents' bags.  They'd probably be like "Oh look, water balloons!"

That's kind of what I was thinking for the postcards, but wasn't sure if everyone would think that would be weird, but it seems more practical to me.  First of all, trying to figure out the postage thing and all that.  Secondly, where are they going to find a mail drop box in Cancun, anyway?  I'm sure the resort might have one, but I wouldn't want our guests searching for an hour over that entire huge resort to find a dropbox.  I am definitely going to go with your idea!  Especially since we have a bunch of leftover personalized postcard stamps from our save the dates (also ordered from Zazzle).  I just love Zazzle, apparently! :)

Thanks for all the ideas, Vettiebean!:)

Originally Posted by Vettiebean View Post

Okay, first the funny part, then the post card part. Funny part--your "too much fun" kit, which is an adorable idea that I see a lot of brides do, totally made me laugh bc I read off the list of items you included and for some reason, "too much fun" made me think, "OH! CONDOMS!" lol... People may think what they like, but not ALL of my guests are couples, and for some reason, that's just what popped in my head! You're in Cancun! You're at a wedding! It's been known to happen... just a thought. lol

For postcards, maybe your guests can send them back to you from the states. I know it wont have the cool international postage stamps on them, but some people may not even fill out the cards until the trip is over. I know I usually wait until trips are over so I can touch on key/funny moments. Airports actually have letter drop boxes for mail, so ur guests could even mail them out as soon as they land back in the states from the trip. :) 

Quote:

Hi all!

We are doing Welcome Bags for our guests.  Since we only have 26 people coming, we are doing one bag per couple, but we are going to try to stuff them pretty well (probably two of each thing that is a more "one person" item like chapstick or loofas).  Here's what's going in ours:

-Welcome letter with itinerary of events

-Map

-Bug Spray

-Loofa (2 in each bag)

-Travel size body wash (2 in each bag)

-Mexican Candies

-Gum

-"Too Much Sun" Kit: sunscreen, aloe, spf lipbalm (2 in each bag), lotion

-"Too Much Fun: Kit:  Advil, band-aids, Alka Seltzer, Shout wipes, hydrocortisone cream

-We were also thinking about putting a few pre-stamped postcards in the bags, one addressed to us with a note on it that we are substituting the post cards for our guestbook.  However, we weren't sure if we wanted to have to deal with international postage.  We don't even know how much it costs to send a postcard from Mexico to the US or how to get a hold of stamps, so we kind of just put it on the back burner.  If anyone knows the answers, please let us know!

We had personalized stickers made for the two "kits", which will be made out of small velum bags and then folded over and sealed with the stickers.

We also ordered our bags from Zazzle.com.  They ended up being about $6 per bag for the bargain bags (including a 30% off coupon that we received via email), but we were very picky with the image and we were able to personalize them without any sort of personalization or printing fee, and the quality is actually really good.  We were pleasantly surprised.  I'll have to post pics as soon as I have some time. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ladies,

I'm a 2012 MP bride but I smiled at this and had to respond.  I too am putting condoms, & lub in the bag and for those singles that RSVP will get something extra.  Im a VP at a Family Planning center, so the condoms that I include will have our company logo on them.  So, its a good way to get our mission and vision out there.  And its something that many forget about when on a vacation.  Awesome, Awesome Awesome idea!!!

I can't wait to read all of our reviews.

Oh my gosh, that condom idea is AWESOME!  Hahaha.  That's a really good idea!  I wonder if we can only put them in some of the bags and then specify which bags go to which rooms--does anyone know??  I love that condom idea because it's pretty funny AND they might come in handy!  I think most of our guests would get a kick out of it...I just wouldn't want to put any in my grandparents' bags.  They'd probably be like "Oh look, water balloons!"

That's kind of what I was thinking for the postcards, but wasn't sure if everyone would think that would be weird, but it seems more practical to me.  First of all, trying to figure out the postage thing and all that.  Secondly, where are they going to find a mail drop box in Cancun, anyway?  I'm sure the resort might have one, but I wouldn't want our guests searching for an hour over that entire huge resort to find a dropbox.  I am definitely going to go with your idea!  Especially since we have a bunch of leftover personalized postcard stamps from our save the dates (also ordered from Zazzle).  I just love Zazzle, apparently! :)

Thanks for all the ideas, Vettiebean!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettiebean View Post

Okay, first the funny part, then the post card part. Funny part--your "too much fun" kit, which is an adorable idea that I see a lot of brides do, totally made me laugh bc I read off the list of items you included and for some reason, "too much fun" made me think, "OH! CONDOMS!" lol... People may think what they like, but not ALL of my guests are couples, and for some reason, that's just what popped in my head! You're in Cancun! You're at a wedding! It's been known to happen... just a thought. lol

For postcards, maybe your guests can send them back to you from the states. I know it wont have the cool international postage stamps on them, but some people may not even fill out the cards until the trip is over. I know I usually wait until trips are over so I can touch on key/funny moments. Airports actually have letter drop boxes for mail, so ur guests could even mail them out as soon as they land back in the states from the trip. :) 

Quote:

Hi all!

We are doing Welcome Bags for our guests.  Since we only have 26 people coming, we are doing one bag per couple, but we are going to try to stuff them pretty well (probably two of each thing that is a more "one person" item like chapstick or loofas).  Here's what's going in ours:

-Welcome letter with itinerary of events

-Map

-Bug Spray

-Loofa (2 in each bag)

-Travel size body wash (2 in each bag)

-Mexican Candies

-Gum

-"Too Much Sun" Kit: sunscreen, aloe, spf lipbalm (2 in each bag), lotion

-"Too Much Fun: Kit:  Advil, band-aids, Alka Seltzer, Shout wipes, hydrocortisone cream

-We were also thinking about putting a few pre-stamped postcards in the bags, one addressed to us with a note on it that we are substituting the post cards for our guestbook.  However, we weren't sure if we wanted to have to deal with international postage.  We don't even know how much it costs to send a postcard from Mexico to the US or how to get a hold of stamps, so we kind of just put it on the back burner.  If anyone knows the answers, please let us know!

We had personalized stickers made for the two "kits", which will be made out of small velum bags and then folded over and sealed with the stickers.

We also ordered our bags from Zazzle.com.  They ended up being about $6 per bag for the bargain bags (including a 30% off coupon that we received via email), but we were very picky with the image and we were able to personalize them without any sort of personalization or printing fee, and the quality is actually really good.  We were pleasantly surprised.  I'll have to post pics as soon as I have some time. 

We're getting married next week and a lot of our guests have been sending us complaints about booking the airport-resort transfers.  We did ours a month or two ago and had no problem, but I went to look at the "book transfer" area online and it looks like they have completely changed the site...and now they charge $48 per person to do it?  I thought it was like $10 or something and we didn't have to give them any of our credit card information when we booked ours.  Apparently now you have to pay up front and when most of our guests (and I tried it a few times for a couple of them, too) tried to submit the request, they got an error message back.

Anyone tried this lately and had this issue or no issues at all?

Thanks, all! :)

David used to be a resort photographer, but now he's an outside vendor.

Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

Cee Cee,

GORGEOUS PICTURES!

Is David one of the Palace photographers or he was hired outside?

Thanks,

Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee76 View Post

I'm working on my review for Sun Palace, I'm waiting for my wedding DVD.  I've posted a review for David Pena.  He was fantastic!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/david-pena-wedding-photographer/reviews#4172

I know our transfers were included.  Did you set up a group contract? If so contact your Miami coordinator and they should be able to set them up.  Or if you have a TA have them set it up.  When our guests were arranging their transfers the website was constantly down so our TA did a form all by hand and had it faxed in and then email the guests the transfer information. 

IF they are going to charge $48 per person, just tell your guest to grab a cab. They are cheaper and then you do not have to wait around at the airport for the shuttle van to fill up.  Should only be $10-15 to get to MP for the entire cab, not per person.  Also if they want to use their credit for the limo ride back, it will not be worth paying the $48. 

We're getting married next week and a lot of our guests have been sending us complaints about booking the airport-resort transfers.  We did ours a month or two ago and had no problem, but I went to look at the "book transfer" area online and it looks like they have completely changed the site...and now they charge $48 per person to do it?  I thought it was like $10 or something and we didn't have to give them any of our credit card information when we booked ours.  Apparently now you have to pay up front and when most of our guests (and I tried it a few times for a couple of them, too) tried to submit the request, they got an error message back.

Anyone tried this lately and had this issue or no issues at all?

Thanks, all! :)

Vent-Long

Okay I am very upset with palace resorts right now! I booked my wedding through my aunts membership a the Moon Palace. My MIA contact was Pilar Fernandez. She sent me a booking form that my guest are supposed to fax or email to her to book rooms. She also said that they could call her directly to book. Ok, this week we wanted to get our formal invites out (I am so behind because of grad school). When I got the final proof I decided to double check the contact information to be sure that it was correct. Imagine my surprise when I called the number only to find out that Pilar was no longer with the company! I finally got some lady on the phone that informed me that Lorena Bohorquez would be my new contact but she was out of the office at the time. I left a message for Lorena. That was 3 days ago.

Today I call back and finally get Lorena on the phone. Here was the convo.

Me: Hello, Lorena. I have been informed that you are my new coordinator. I wanted to be sure that Pilar has given you my information and I am also curious as to why I was not notified that I had been reassigned.

Lorena: (after asking for my contract # and name) Yes I have you confirmed for Moon Palace, May 20, 2011 at 6pm. We were going to notify all the brides that had been reassigned but its only been over a week since she left.

Me: Over a week is a lot of time when I almost printed $350 worth of invitations with the wrong contact information on them.

Lorena: (in a condescending tone) There are like a 150 brides, you are not the only one. Why would you put one person's contact information on your invitations? I dont thinks thats a good idea.

Me: Pilar told me that my guest would have to book via fax, email, or phone directly with her. Isn't that how weddings through the member weddings are done?

Lorena: Well yes, but it is high season and we are very busy. If they call and IF they get through they will probably have to leave a message and it will be 48 hours before I will be able to get to them.

Me: Well do you have any other options for my guest to book?

Lorena: You can get everyone's info together and give it all to me at one time.

Me: (getting irritated) Excuse me?!

Lorena: Or if you dont want all of your guest calling you, you could assign someone to collect everyone's information for you.

Me: I am planning this wedding on my own and I am not going to ask any of my guest to be in charge of everyone's bookings.

Lorena: (sarcastic): Well you can just give them my number and they can keep calling until they get through, IF they get through.

Me: (pissed but trying to contain it): Non members get a link for their guest to book online. Why is the process so inconvient for members? Are their no other options?

Lorena: They can fax the card authorization form but it would still be 48 hours for a response.

Me: I dont think my guest are going to be happy with faxing their credit card information and not getting a response for 48 hours.

Lorena: Yeah its just going to create a cycle and either way your guest are going to end up calling you about it.

At that point I got off the phone as I just really could not deal with her anymore. I think I am going to call back and speak with a manager. I am so upset. Pilar was unorganized but at least she had decent customer service skills. I am so irritated right now!

bride KSmith,

I am sooooo sorry that this is happening to you.  Definitely calm down and get in contact with a manager right away. 

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith View Post

Vent-Long

Okay I am very upset with palace resorts right now! I booked my wedding through my aunts membership a the Moon Palace. My MIA contact was Pilar Fernandez. She sent me a booking form that my guest are supposed to fax or email to her to book rooms. She also said that they could call her directly to book. Ok, this week we wanted to get our formal invites out (I am so behind because of grad school). When I got the final proof I decided to double check the contact information to be sure that it was correct. Imagine my surprise when I called the number only to find out that Pilar was no longer with the company! I finally got some lady on the phone that informed me that Lorena Bohorquez would be my new contact but she was out of the office at the time. I left a message for Lorena. That was 3 days ago.

Today I call back and finally get Lorena on the phone. Here was the convo.

Me: Hello, Lorena. I have been informed that you are my new coordinator. I wanted to be sure that Pilar has given you my information and I am also curious as to why I was not notified that I had been reassigned.

Lorena: (after asking for my contract # and name) Yes I have you confirmed for Moon Palace, May 20, 2011 at 6pm. We were going to notify all the brides that had been reassigned but its only been over a week since she left.

Me: Over a week is a lot of time when I almost printed $350 worth of invitations with the wrong contact information on them.

Lorena: (in a condescending tone) There are like a 150 brides, you are not the only one. Why would you put one person's contact information on your invitations? I dont thinks thats a good idea.

Me: Pilar told me that my guest would have to book via fax, email, or phone directly with her. Isn't that how weddings through the member weddings are done?

Lorena: Well yes, but it is high season and we are very busy. If they call and IF they get through they will probably have to leave a message and it will be 48 hours before I will be able to get to them.

Me: Well do you have any other options for my guest to book?

Lorena: You can get everyone's info together and give it all to me at one time.

Me: (getting irritated) Excuse me?!

Lorena: Or if you dont want all of your guest calling you, you could assign someone to collect everyone's information for you.

Me: I am planning this wedding on my own and I am not going to ask any of my guest to be in charge of everyone's bookings.

Lorena: (sarcastic): Well you can just give them my number and they can keep calling until they get through, IF they get through.

Me: (pissed but trying to contain it): Non members get a link for their guest to book online. Why is the process so inconvient for members? Are their no other options?

Lorena: They can fax the card authorization form but it would still be 48 hours for a response.

Me: I dont think my guest are going to be happy with faxing their credit card information and not getting a response for 48 hours.

Lorena: Yeah its just going to create a cycle and either way your guest are going to end up calling you about it.

At that point I got off the phone as I just really could not deal with her anymore. I think I am going to call back and speak with a manager. I am so upset. Pilar was unorganized but at least she had decent customer service skills. I am so irritated right now!