Thank you for the price information.  It is so hard to budget for these things without knowing exactly how much they are going to cost.  Really starting to stress about it. I just can't wait to have have everything settled and planned.  Until then, I'm just going to save as much as possible and hope that will be enough.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Ladies,
    So I had just booked my wedding at the Moon Palace for May 29th and asked to hold 30 rooms. I was required to put a deposit down of $3000, so $100/room. Anyways, it wasn't that big of a deal because I was able reserve my room under that deposit and in February when my room block expires, I'll get a refund for any deposit not spent. CynLovesLuis, I think we talked and because your family are Palace members you were able to get around the deposit for your room block. Pretty cruddy they are trying to change rules now.

So about outside vendors. I plan on using Zuniga for centerpieces and draping in the ballroom.  But for BM flowers, there is no way I am paying $120/bouquet esp since I have 8 bms. My aunt used to be a florist and a friend of mine does flowers too so we'll probabaly do them ourselves. I am planning on ordering the flowers and have them delivered the day before to the resort. Do you think there will be an issue? I heard brides do it in the past . . .If anyone has any tips to say or do, let me know b/c i am a horrible liar! haha

Terpgurl,

I thought about doing that as well.  I thought about having an outside florist make the BM flowers and I would pick them up myself the day before or even the morning of the wedding.  Some people has suggested using real touch flowers, but I'd rather not.  I just can't see spending $120+ on them.   I think they are incredible overpriced.

That was super helpful- thank you. and I am RE-Committed to NOT using the resort DJ, hahaha

Originally Posted by msjesslee View Post

Here you go. :) My budget is all messed up and its something I'm working on too. :T I wish money grew on trees. oh well.. happy planning.

DJ Package

Anchor

A B C D E F G H
2     AnchorYour browser may not support display of this image.          
11     PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE          
13   # ID EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION COMENTS CANT UNIT PRICE DAY TOTAL PRICE
14   DJ PACKAGE
16   AUX1 Dj Package (4 Hours) 0 to 100 Pax   1 $1,495.00 1.0 $1,495.00
17   AO42 Self Amplified Speaker - EV 15" Full Range   2 inc.    
18   AA12 Self Amplified Speaker - Anchor   1 inc.    
19   AIB8 14 Ch. Audio Mixer 6ch-Mic/Line Input Mackie - 1402   1 inc.    
20   AH62 Shure UHF-ULXP J1-Combo Mic Wirelles   1 inc.    
21   AU30 CD Player Double de MP3/CD -Denon DN-6000   1 inc.    
22   CDH3 Stand for Speaker   2 inc.    
23   KA60 All cabling, AC extensions and connectors   1 inc.    
24   Y0A1 DJ Technician 4 Hours of service. 1 Incl    
25   LCEN Lighting Package 8 par of Leds   1 incl    
26   Y030 Technician - Setup/Strike   1 incl.    
28   AUX2 Dj Package (2 Hours) 0 to 100 Pax   1 $995.00 1.0 $995.00
29   AO42 Self Amplified Speaker - EV 15" Full Range   2 inc.    
30   AA12 Self Amplified Speaker - Anchor   1 inc.    
31   AIB8 14 Ch. Audio Mixer 6ch-Mic/Line Input Mackie - 1402   1 inc.    
32   AH62 Shure UHF-ULXP J1-Combo Mic Wirelles   1 inc.    
33   AU30 CD Player Double de MP3/CD -Denon DN-6000   1 inc.    
34   CDH3 Stand for Speaker   2 inc.    
35   KA60 All cabling, AC extensions and connectors   1 inc.    
36   Y0A1 DJ Technician 2 Hours of service. 1 Incl    
37   Y030 Technician - Setup/Strike   1 incl.    
39   AUX3 Dj Package Only Equipment  40  to 100 Pax   1 $385.00 1.0 $385.00
40   AO42 Self Amplified Speaker - EV 15" Full Range   2 inc.    
41   AA12 Self Amplified Speaker - Anchor   1 inc.    
42   AIB8 14 Ch. Audio Mixer 6ch-Mic/Line Input Mackie - 1402   1 inc.    
43   AH62 Shure UHF-ULXP J1-Combo Mic Wirelles   1 inc.    
44   AU30 CD Player Double de MP3/CD -Denon DN-6000   1 inc.    
45   CDH3 Stand for Speaker   2 inc.    
46   KA60 All cabling, AC extensions and connectors   1 inc.    
47   Y030 DJ Technician   1 incl.    
48     Technician - Setup/Strike          
50   AUX4 Sound System Only Equipment  0 to 40 Pax   1 $220.00 1.0 $220.00
51   AO42 Audio Mixer 8 Mic 4x Stereo input Soundcraft M8   1 inc.    
52   AH62 Shure SM58-LC Microphone-Cardioid Dynamic   1 inc.    
53   AU30 Speaker Full Ranfe Selfpowered JBL EON 15P-1   1 inc.    
54   CDH3 DVD Double Player   1 inc.    
55   KA60 All cabling, AC extensions and connectors   1 inc.    
56     Technician - Setup/Strike          

Jenn, I have very similar anxieties. I have decidedd to save like 10000 bucks and see where that gets me...in the mean time I'm just making decisions as much as possible and buying things along with the way (got my dress, tiara, party dress)...have made decisions  on (ring pillow, petals to throw, guest book, pen)... etc...and I"m buying them as I have extra money every month.

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Thank you for the price information.  It is so hard to budget for these things without knowing exactly how much they are going to cost.  Really starting to stress about it. I just can't wait to have have everything settled and planned.  Until then, I'm just going to save as much as possible and hope that will be enough.

That is pretty much what I've decided at this point, too.  I figure I can save 10k between now and May.  I will pay off my travel, wedding package, rings, etc......all the essentials.  I'm hoping that I get enough room bookings to earn the unlimited private events.  Right now I think I have a total of 65 room nights, but that is only counting the people I am sure are going.  There are still a whole list of people that I think may come as well.  The recetption budget (dj, center pieces, photography, etc) will come down to what I have left at that point and maybe a little from our income tax return.  I got really lucky, I actually won my dress and all my bridesmaid dresses from a sweepstake in Bridal Guide. I even had a little left over to get a dress for the reception dinner and welcome party. 

I have also been to MP- though in June...and it's incrediblky windy- just another thing to think about for beach weddings...

my bridesmaids might be made to wear shower caps until they are inside our venue because of the hair horrors I hear about, LOL

Originally Posted by evaleen View Post

I have seen some pictures of ceremonies held on the beach and they all look amazing...so I think I will probably shoot for that. SouthernSweetie, you made a good point about rain...so what I was wondering is that I know you can relocate inside if it does happen to rain...but is that something that needs to be booked with your WC before hand, or do they automatically account for something like that happening? I mean would they book 2 weddings at the same time but in different locations (one on the beach and one in the gazebo?)