Jump to content

Photo

New 2011 Riviera Maya Bride with location questions...need HELP


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 becks1581

becks1581
  • Jr. Member
  • 477 posts

    Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by prettypigpig
    Azul Sensatori is the top pick of my TA for family resort. Paradisus is an adult only..so..no kids and little monsters...
    I am looking at the Barcelo Maya Palace and OCEAN TURQUESA...so far ....can't make a decision!
    I'm positive that Paradisus is family-friendly....I just double checked tripadvisor and the second review was talking about their 'family vacation'

    Let us know what you decide!!!

    #12 dawnkyeknod

    dawnkyeknod
    • Jr. Member
    • 303 posts

      Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

      I posted this on another thread - a girl on here before actually went down to the Riviera Maya and checked out a bunch of the resorts there. She ended up choosing the Grand Palladium - she said it ha the best of everything.... so she did get married there and was thrilled! ( I know I am biased becasue that's where I am going but I thought you should know...)

      #13 prettypigpig

      prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

        Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

        Well, we have check the price of their wedding package too! It is nice to have a nice location without spend a fortune. In addition, we have to consider our guests' budget too. Paradisus does look nice...I wonder how much are their wedding packages?

        Bonnie

        Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


        #14 Andy&Cris

        Andy&Cris
        • Banned
        • 16 posts

          Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

          You should hire a wedding planner I hired Andrea Garcia andrea_weddings@hotmail.com,
          She can recommend you other options depending to your style, there are a lot of hotels hidden, small hotels with more privacy, I've seen pictures of weddings that are the bride and groom in the mittle of the ceremony and behind them is a lot of people in swimsuit
          It looks terrible!!!
          I'm getting married at Amarte Maroma Amarte at Maroma Bay | Mexico Yucatan Peninsula is a really beautiful hotel with just 50 rooms and an awesome beach

          #15 prettypigpig

          prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

            Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

            LOL. I have seen one with Europeans (nudist) at the back of the pic...hahahaha
            of course...there was one with a 60 smth old man with a bush of white chest hair...eww..

            Bonnie

            Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


            #16 leighastrudwick

            leighastrudwick
            • Newbie
            • 13 posts

              Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

               

              Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 

              Picking the resort is THE hardest decision to make, in my opinion. Honestly, I started looking back in Septemer '09, and just picked a resort three weeks ago!

              In the end, I told my TA what I was looking for (price, good food, good beach, service) and then had him list out his recommendations, and the pros and cons of each. He had only good things to say about Azul Beach, which cemented my decision.

              Are you working with a travel agent? That might be a good place to start. Many times, they've either been to all the resorts you're interested in, or have had clients stay there, etc. There are tons of fabulous travel agents on this forum!

              Good luck!!! I totally feel your pain

               

              cjb0arder13

               

              Yes well when we first got engaged (a couple of weeks ago) we went to a TA and were going to start planning for 2013 but decided against it, now with so much time i feel that i would be wasting my TA's time so early with questions :(

               



              #17 Matt Adcock

              Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

                Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

                 

                Hola Ladies,

                 

                Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

                 

                Our absolute favorite AI family-friendly places to shoot at for location, access, service and image making awesomeness are the following:

                 

                Now Jade

                Melissa + Ethan - Photos by Melissa

                Taylor + Jonathan - Photos by del Sol Associate

                 

                Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun 

                Claire + Michael - Photos by Matt Adcock

                Penney + Philip - Photos by Sol Tamargo

                Viet + Kim - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Kelly + Ron - Photos by Sol Tamargo

                Ursula + Scott - Photos by Sol Tamargo

                Carlos + Sandra - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Terry + Yamille - Photos by Matt Adcock

                Jennifer + Keith - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Tracey + Frank - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Greg + Stephanie - Photos by del Sol Associate

                 

                Playacar Palace

                 

                Michelle + Adam - Photos by Sol Tamargo + Juan Jose

                 

                Iberostar Paraiso Complex

                 

                Palka + Joe - Hindu Wedding and Reception  - Photos by Sol Tamargo

                Monica + Jean Pierre - Photos by Melissa

                Karis + Heath - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Christina + Daniel - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Cary + Gail - Photos by del Sol Associate

                 

                RIU Resorts

                 

                Kit-ming + Wayland - Photos by Juan Jose

                Alice + Ian - Photos by Matt Adcock

                Autumn + Joseph - Photos by Sol Tamargo

                Vanessa + Robert - Photos by del Sol Associate

                 

                Sandos Playacar

                 

                Beverly + Jordan - Photos by Juan

                Melissa + Jason - Photos by Melissa

                Susan+Michael - Photos by Matt Adcock

                Jessica + Richard - Photos by del Sol Associate

                 

                Grand Palladium Resorts

                 

                Shannon + Cody - Photos by Jonathan

                Christine + Dennys - Photos by Jonathan

                Ashley + Nathan - Photos by Matt Adcock

                Jasmin + Steve - Photos by Juan Jose

                Sabrina + Rui - Photos by Sol Tamargo

                 

                Barcelo Maya Resorts

                 

                Carla + Craig - Photos by Jonathan

                Mireya + Ryan - Photos by Melissa                 

                Raquel + Jay - Photos by Sol Tamargo

                Lindsay + Darcy - Photos by Jonathan

                Kristen + Ashley - Photos by Melissa

                Nichole + Jamison - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Joanna + John - Photos by del Sol Associate

                 

                Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

                 

                Amy + Brian - Photos by Jonathan

                Michelle + Jason - Photos by del Sol Associate

                Tate + Natalie - Photos by del Sol Associate

                 

                Do know that the magic of the Riviera Maya is that enjoyment is guaranteed and that all of the little pieces of the puzzle always fall into place for great memories!

                 

                I am happy to help in any way I can : )



                #18 TheWolferts

                TheWolferts
                • Jr. Member
                • 458 posts

                  Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

                  Our wedding is May 12, 2012 and we started working with our TA in March of 2011. It might seem like it is very far away, but it's pretty important to at least select your venue so you can start giving guests an idea of how much it will cost, you can look at your budget, and it ensures that you can book the locations for your ceremony, reception, etc. By deciding on our location a little over a year out from our wedding, we got our first choice locations on all of our events, but I have heard from many other brides that waited longer, that they ended up having to settle for locations that werent optimal. We also made sure that we reserved our photographer, videographer, and DJ asap because they book up quickly. I have seen some threads on this board where brides are 18 months out and have already reserved their locations. If you were to wait too long, you may find that you dont get the locations you like.

                   

                  Another thing that is good about reserving you room block far in advance is that the room prices aren't technically out, so the resort has to quote you a price and stick to it. If the price were to ever be lower than what you were quoted once the room rates actually come out then you would be credited, but they quoted our rates lower, so our guests got a better deal.

                   

                  So while it may be too early to pick our dinner entres or flowers, deciding on a location and your vendors is important to do as early as you can.

                   

                  After we reserved all of our locations in April 2011, we didnt talk with our TA or WC for a couple of months, but it was nice knowing that we got our dream locations and excellent vendors locked in!

                   

                  Originally Posted by leighastrudwick 

                   

                   

                  cjb0arder13

                   

                  Yes well when we first got engaged (a couple of weeks ago) we went to a TA and were going to start planning for 2013 but decided against it, now with so much time i feel that i would be wasting my TA's time so early with questions :(

                   

                   

                   



                  #19 leighastrudwick

                  leighastrudwick
                  • Newbie
                  • 13 posts

                    Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

                     

                    Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

                    Our wedding is May 12, 2012 and we started working with our TA in March of 2011. It might seem like it is very far away, but it's pretty important to at least select your venue so you can start giving guests an idea of how much it will cost, you can look at your budget, and it ensures that you can book the locations for your ceremony, reception, etc. By deciding on our location a little over a year out from our wedding, we got our first choice locations on all of our events, but I have heard from many other brides that waited longer, that they ended up having to settle for locations that werent optimal. We also made sure that we reserved our photographer, videographer, and DJ asap because they book up quickly. I have seen some threads on this board where brides are 18 months out and have already reserved their locations. If you were to wait too long, you may find that you dont get the locations you like.

                     

                    Another thing that is good about reserving you room block far in advance is that the room prices aren't technically out, so the resort has to quote you a price and stick to it. If the price were to ever be lower than what you were quoted once the room rates actually come out then you would be credited, but they quoted our rates lower, so our guests got a better deal.

                     

                    So while it may be too early to pick our dinner entres or flowers, deciding on a location and your vendors is important to do as early as you can.

                     

                    After we reserved all of our locations in April 2011, we didnt talk with our TA or WC for a couple of months, but it was nice knowing that we got our dream locations and excellent vendors locked in!

                     

                     

                     

                     

                    I have emailed our TA 9 different resorts that we like but havent heard back from her. After looking more into it I am starting to worry about the prices ugh!



                    #20 TheWolferts

                    TheWolferts
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 458 posts

                      Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

                      Maybe it'd be better if you gave your TA a list of features you had to have, a list of nice additional features, and a price range you are comfortable with and are comfortable having your guests pay. We did that with ours, so she didnt even show us properties that fell outside that range. Also, the TA will likely have different prices than you are able to find online doing your own research as the TA's company might be running a promo or the TA might know if the resort is running any sort of promo that brings it within your price range. Our wedding is at the El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya, Mexico and without the 20% off for all of our private events, a $1,500 discount on our suite, and 20% off for all of our guests, I dont think we could have managed to have the wedding at the resort.

                       

                      Having a DW can be pricey, but it would definitely cost more to have the same wedding in the States. We are serving filet mignon with a lobster tail which is only $32 pp at EDR versus in the states the same meal was $110 per person and that didnt include drinks! We are having our dream wedding at EDR and we definitely couldnt have done that in the States.

                       

                       

                       

                      Originally Posted by leighastrudwick 

                       

                       

                      I have emailed our TA 9 different resorts that we like but havent heard back from her. After looking more into it I am starting to worry about the prices ugh!

                       

                       


                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users