Letter to FBIL

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

A couple weeks ago, we got an email from FI's sister, asking each member of the family to write a letter of encouragement to her husband, who was going on a Methodist spiritual retreat for 4 days. Well, we see the two of them maybe 1-2 times a year max. So I forwarded it on to FI, since he knows his BIL much better than I do.

For the last 3 weeks, FSIL has been emailing and harassing everyone to write a letter to her husband. The last notice was yesterday when she specifically directed it only to those members of the family who had not written yet.

So, with my usual "flair", here is what I've come up with:

"Hey Tim,
    Great job on finding God. I've really enjoyed the 5 minutes I spend around you 3-4 times a year. Please don't try to convert us sinners like your wife does. How bout that Psalm 69?"

#2 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

OMG! That is wonderful!!!!
      Don't you just love people who try to get you to come to their side of things. You really should send that off...

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

OMG!! you are too funny!! I almost peed myself!!
        How does she expect people to write letters, especially when you don't see each other that often!

#4 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

Too funny! That should stop her harassing you guys. loool
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#5 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

Haha, Maria - that letter is perfect!! The office I work in is VERY religious, and there was one guy (who eventually got fired!), he tried to convert me every single day - without a word of a lie. He even sent me a "Religion: Truth and Lies" book... of course, published by his church. I could have really used your help!! lol
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
              Haha, Maria - that letter is perfect!! The office I work in is VERY religious, and there was one guy (who eventually got fired!), he tried to convert me every single day - without a word of a lie. He even sent me a "Religion: Truth and Lies" book... of course, published by his church. I could have really used your help!! lol
              Did he come to work everyday riding a bicycle, with his name clipped on his crisp white shirt?

We call them "mormans" here in the states. :)

Is this the same office where your boss chews you out? Ummmm.... yea, there's a real fine "christian" example...

In the 4 years we've been together, FI's sister comes to town 3-4 times per year, and only *one* time did she actually call him when she was in town and then came to spend the night. We found out that the only reason she did it was to "convert" him, so for the entire night, I wouldn't leave him alone with her because I knew she wouldn't jump him about religion in front of me... :)

#7 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

Why would she ask everyone to do that? Shouldn't a letter of encouragement come from the heart? Why would she want to force ppl to do this? If I got a letter from someone that was "forced" to send it by someone else, I would just throw it away...

I love your letter! lol

#8 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Well, she's a little "moody" about things... For example, we had a family brunch last weekend to celebrate their mom's birthday, and she and her husband came to town for it. She was fine when we got there, and 5 minutes later when everyone sat down at the table for brunch, she started clenching her lips and acted very sullen. We found out that she was pissed because there weren't enough chairs for the entire family, so her grown daughter sat at the breakfast bar right behind the dinner table (still fully able to converse with everyone!)...

#9 NATASHA

NATASHA
                  • 646 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:01 PM

Am I missing something? Is there a reason to write a letter for a 4 day retreat? What goes on at these retreats? Sorry, I don't know much about these things so I'm curious.
                    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                    • 4,979 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                      Did he come to work everyday riding a bicycle, with his name clipped on his crisp white shirt?

We call them "mormans" here in the states. :)

Is this the same office where your boss chews you out? Ummmm.... yea, there's a real fine "christian" example...

Oh yes, it's the very same place. Most of them didn't know I'm not Christian, which I don't think needs to be in the workplace anyways - but somehow this guy knew and wouldn't give up. I told him I have made my own spiritual choices, just as he has. But he wouldn't accept that, my choices were the "wrong" ones. mmmk...
                      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users