• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 simba1234

simba1234
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boo
    I love the make up job that he does but I am worried about the hair. Does he use the same person each time? to me it seems like its easier to screw up the hair than it does the make up. By chance do any of you ladies know whether he would just do the make up?

Fernando only does make-up. He brings someone else for the hair. The hair stylist he brought to do my hair is called Gama. I think that's his main hair guy, but for my wedding he brought another hair stylist because I had two girls who wanted to do their hair and we didn't have enough time for just one person to do everyone's hair.

You don't have to do your hair if you don't want to. Are you having a trial done? I would really recommend it for the hair...that way you could feel more comfortable.

#12 rosieposie

rosieposie
    • 649 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the recommendation!

#13 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
      • 394 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

I love to see pics too! Thanks for the info!

#14 Pinky

Pinky
        • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

Yes please share pics when you can, he sounds like just what I've been looking for!

#15 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
          • 539 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

I'm using Fernando as well. Any pictures you have would be greatly appreciated! Along with any information about his hair person.

Also, how long did it take him to do your make-up? Did you all bring your own makeup?

Thanks girls!
            ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#16 jesmcan

jesmcan
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

I am using him as well :) I love to hear great reviews

RunningBride - he uses all mac make up and brings it with him, my question is though I wonder if he leave the make up with you for touch ups for later?

I am having 6 bride maids get their and make done plus me, we have to be ready by 2:30 and he said he will start at 11:30 just to give you an idea of time
              The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#17 giraffexx

giraffexx
              • 498 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

question for those who are having a trial with Fernando prior to their wedding day...when he comes to the hotel for the trial do you pay a vendor fee or a guest pass for him and the hair person? or does anyone know if he has a place near by to do the trial to avoid any additional fees? thanks in advance!

#18 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by giraffexx
                  question for those who are having a trial with Fernando prior to their wedding day...when he comes to the hotel for the trial do you pay a vendor fee or a guest pass for him and the hair person? or does anyone know if he has a place near by to do the trial to avoid any additional fees? thanks in advance!
                  Well there are two answers for this one according to the royal lol as usual. One being yes you have to pay the vendor fee for him. Or no you don't if hes only going to come three and half hours before your wedding. No he does not have a near by location he has to come to the resort. I know the fees just suck after already paying so much money.
                  The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#19 giraffexx

giraffexx
                  • 498 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jesmcan
                    Well there are two answers for this one according to the royal lol as usual. One being yes you have to pay the vendor fee for him. Or no you don't if hes only going to come three and half hours before your wedding. No he does not have a near by location he has to come to the resort. I know the fees just suck after already paying so much money.
                    Thanks! That's what I kind of figured...more fees Thank god my contract has the $100.00 vendor fee.

#20 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
                    • 349 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

I loved working with Fernando! Gama did hair for me, my 4 bridesmaids plus my mom. Originally, only I was going to get my make up done by Fernando, but he ended up generously putting on false eyelashes for all the girls as well, and in addition did my sister's eye make up at the last minute. He is great under pressure as we were running out of time (because we started late, we were supposed to start around 1 for a 5pm ceremony, ended up starting around 2ish). He is super responsive to emails and traveled all the way from Cancun to Tulum for our wedding with no added travel fees. Fernando is super professional, but also fun and friendly as well. I would highly recommend him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users