Majestic Elegance

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tink,

They normally only take a day or two, but they are constantly busy.  The first time it took them about a week for me, but once they confirm your date, then they answer a little more quickly.  My wedding is on Nov 14th now, and they answer my emails normally that night because it is soon. You don't have to plan everything way far out, so don't get discouraged if they don't get back to you right away, they are dealing with Brides who's wedding is on the horizon.

Imagine, if these resorts do 3 weddings per day, on average, how many emails they get, they have to prioritize so that the brides arriving don't get stressed out so close to their wedding.

This site has tons of helpful information, you can get almost everything you need done without contact the resort except to finalize detail til about 3 months out.....

But, one thing to remember, if you can get them to confirm prices, or anything "extra" they may offer you, bring the email with you when you go down so you have proof of what they offered. 

Thank you FutureMrsDawson! I guess I just have to be patient. I'm just afraid that since I don't have a date, and it's more than a year away they won't answer at all. I guess I'll wait another week and just resend the email. Thanks again :)

• 3 weeks later...

Are you booking through a TA?

ME only does a year in advance BUT if you really have a specific date in mind here is what I suggest...

if you are using a TA get in touch with them in late spring 2012 and get them to contact the ME WC's to put the bug in their ears and keep your TA on it. The more you bug the better chance you have of getting that date.

We had a very specific date (Feb 29, 2012) that we wanted and we started the whole process of bugging ME Dec 2010. The judge opened his booking for 2012 a month early just to get us off their backs and we got the date. We were told the judge only does about 6 weddings or less a day for the whole resorts area of Punta Cana. Doesn't leave a whole lot of openings.

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Tink View Post

Does anyone know how far in advance you can reserve a date at the Elegance? I want to book for late July/ early August 2013. Is that too far away to try to book now?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ottowabride!

I contacted ME and Lisa told me that the earliest I can request our date would be January. It doesn't seem so far away so we are just going to wait it out and as soon as its January we will be speaking to her again. Soo excited!

• 1 month later...

Ok, need some suggestions.  I desparetly need a photographer for my June 26th wedding.  I originally had Jamie Dimitry booked and paid a deposit. Then I got an email from him saying he couldn't do it anymore because he had to go to his daughters graduation and refunded my deposit. I checked with Michael Steingard, who are both booked.  I emailed Photo Phil and Paul Howard.  Any suggestions for other photographers I can contact?

Do you want someone local

Cineart photography is down there a fair bit throughout the year, she is AMAZING

Julia Eskin - also down there a fair bit

We booked Backroad Photography - she is coming from Texas though.  Would you consider flying in your photographer or you want someone local?

Local options that I had looked into

Jorce Alloco

Carribean Emotions

HDC Punta Cana

If I can remember any others I will let you know!

Originally Posted by ebli23 View Post

Ok, need some suggestions.  I desparetly need a photographer for my June 26th wedding.  I originally had Jamie Dimitry booked and paid a deposit. Then I got an email from him saying he couldn't do it anymore because he had to go to his daughters graduation and refunded my deposit. I checked with Michael Steingard and Katya Nova, who are both booked.  I emailed Photo Phil and Paul Howard.  Any suggestions for other photographers I can contact?

Definitely look into it, some photographers waive or GREATLY reduce their photography fees if you pay for their travel.  Sometimes it is worth it especially when you are saving yourself the $300 outside photographer fee!!!

Good luck with the search, let me know if you need anymore help, I had a hell of a time finding a photographer as we encountered a few snags!

Originally Posted by ebli23 View Post

Thanks soo much Torilynn, I emailed them for pricing and availablility.  I do have a budget for photography, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to fly anyone out.  But hopefully I'll find a photographer I like.  :/