Majestic Elegance

Yeah, thats understandable, we are cutting costs and although i want to go ALL out for my photos, the FI doesnt think its that big of a need....so we are having a photogapher for the ceremony....not for the reception.  Eh, what can you do....however, we do have the videographer all day so at least I will have some visuals from the day!

So exciting....5 more months for you until lift off!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebli23-

Not sure if you've had a response yet about travel arrangements but I am using a travel agent (Liberty Travel). With Liberty Travel all you have to do is put down a deposit and make payments up until two months before the departure date.  Hope this helps.  We also have been looking at deals online through Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity etc.  Pretty reasonable prices but the cheapest airfare were all connecting flights and that does not work for us.  We are getting married at the Majestic next year in May.  Hope this helps.

Cathy

Five months....that is crazy to think! I haven't even sent my invites out yet! (althought website is up to date)

What videographer are you using?

I would also love to go all out but we are also having a reception in Minnesota and all these costs add up!  What photographer are you using for the ceremony?

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Yeah, thats understandable, we are cutting costs and although i want to go ALL out for my photos, the FI doesnt think its that big of a need....so we are having a photogapher for the ceremony....not for the reception.  Eh, what can you do....however, we do have the videographer all day so at least I will have some visuals from the day!

So exciting....5 more months for you until lift off!!!

The steakhouse dinner is a surf and turf menu as well.  Lobster and steak or Pasta for vegetarians.  It is an open air restaurant but they bring curtains down to "contain" it in the evening.  I don't believe it is hot, obviously not air conditioned because it is all open but I like the idea of it being "outside" but "inside" at the same time!!!

Originally Posted by ebli23 View Post

Thanks, decided to go with the travel agent. Switching subjects, has anyone had their semi-private dinner at the steak house? I heard the see & sea is nice but I don't really care to much for seafood, just wanted to know if the steak house was good. I think I read somewhere that the room was hot, but I could be wrong.

I believe you are only able to have a reserved group dinner at one of the a la cartes if you have your wedding at the resort and either don't do the included dinner or opt for a private reception.  You are technically paying for this is your wedding package cost when you get married at the resort so I assume that's why.  We also wanted to book something like this but because we are doing the "semi private" dinner sandra said they can reserve a section at the buffet.  Another bride told me they really liked this option as they put their group in a private room and then people we able to eat whatever they liked at the buffet has so many options

The $300 fee is non negotiable, it is their way to put some pressure to use the resort photographer I believe.  Phil Steingard doesn't pay because he is there all the time photographing weddings and I believe he has likely worked something out with the resort so that the majority of their brides will go with him.  We also didn't want to use phil and chose Katya Nova.  She will be doing our wedding day photography, as well as a TTD the next day.  We will be walking down the beach closer to where her and her fiance live to do the TTD as we do not want to pay the $300 (+ $90 for her fiance who works with her) TWICE!  It is pretty silly, but you may want to look into going to a more public beach to get your photos to avoid the cost!

Originally Posted by MNtoMX View Post

Hello! My fiance and I will be staying at Majestic Elegance for a week in the beginning of February and having our wedding at the Jellyfish Restaurant.  We started planning a resort wedding and found that the times/dates we wanted were not available. Even though our wedding is not at the resort, we will all be staying there (approx. 35 guests) 

I wanted to know if anyone else was running into similar issues. I asked if we could have a semi-private dinner at one of the al a carte restaurants; Sandra (WC) informed us that they could book an area of the Flavors buffet for dinner. I know there was at least one other bride that had a rehearsal dinner at See and Sea for many more people (and had her wedding ceremony and reception at Jellyfish)

The other question I had for other brides is in regards to photographers. I understand the resorts motive to charge for outside photographers to come into the resort if you are having your wedding at the resort. However, I do not see the motive in charging $300 just for a photographer to come in for a couple of hours to take photos at the resort before leaving for the wedding ceremony and reception. When I talked to Phil S. he said that he stays at ME all the time so they do not charge him. I was hoping to use another photographer; however, it appears I may not have much choice. Has anyone else faced this problem and what was the resolution?  Couldnâ€t we just pay the day pass and get some shots before leaving for Jellyfish?

I can't believe it's 5 months off!!! We may be staying until the 11th now as originally we were supposed to be leaving the 9th!

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

MNtoMX when will you be there? My FI and I are arriving 9 February!

There was a bride who had her wedding at the Jellyfish and Sandra arranged a semi private dinner at Sea and See; however, that bride also did a site visit and may have worked something out at that time. I suppose a dinner at the buffet wouldn't be too bad.  We emailed another photographer and asked if she was aware of any nice beaches that we could access for pictures instead of paying the $300 fee. I know the photographer is traveling right now so I will have to wait to see what she says. I know this is all going to come up soooo fast!!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

The steakhouse dinner is a surf and turf menu as well.  Lobster and steak or Pasta for vegetarians.  It is an open air restaurant but they bring curtains down to "contain" it in the evening.  I don't believe it is hot, obviously not air conditioned because it is all open but I like the idea of it being "outside" but "inside" at the same time!!!

I believe you are only able to have a reserved group dinner at one of the a la cartes if you have your wedding at the resort and either don't do the included dinner or opt for a private reception.  You are technically paying for this is your wedding package cost when you get married at the resort so I assume that's why.  We also wanted to book something like this but because we are doing the "semi private" dinner sandra said they can reserve a section at the buffet.  Another bride told me they really liked this option as they put their group in a private room and then people we able to eat whatever they liked at the buffet has so many options

The $300 fee is non negotiable, it is their way to put some pressure to use the resort photographer I believe.  Phil Steingard doesn't pay because he is there all the time photographing weddings and I believe he has likely worked something out with the resort so that the majority of their brides will go with him.  We also didn't want to use phil and chose Katya Nova.  She will be doing our wedding day photography, as well as a TTD the next day.  We will be walking down the beach closer to where her and her fiance live to do the TTD as we do not want to pay the $300 (+ $90 for her fiance who works with her) TWICE!  It is pretty silly, but you may want to look into going to a more public beach to get your photos to avoid the cost!

I can't believe it's 5 months off!!! We may be staying until the 11th now as originally we were supposed to be leaving the 9th!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if they have beverage service on the beach (order a drink from a server from your beach chair)?? I found that some resorts do not and I hope that ME does!

Originally Posted by Tink View Post

I'll be messaging you since I'm considering having my wedding at the Elegance also :) I stayed there as a guest last year so if you have any questions about the resort itself i'll be glad to answer also.