Sunwing taking over rmb

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chrissymt

• 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

I just got a call from my travel agent, telling me that sunwing is taking over half of sunquest's RIU resorts. The RIU Montego Bay is one of them. Does anyone know how or if this will affect the wedding. Sunquest is already not honoring our wedding group rate. Help!

#2 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

I have no idea but I'm sure your travel agent will know!

btw, I noticed that you live in Red Lake, which is so weird because I have family that live there!!

#3 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

Oh no! I hope it doesnt effect anything!!!

#4 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

I hope it doesn't. If you already booked and made payments they shouldn't be able to change prices now regardless of what's going on with takeovers. you should find out from your TA.

#5 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

Has anyone got any information about this.....i'm going to email sherika with other questions, maybe i should ask her about this?...

#6 blumenthale

• 242 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

I am getting gray hair from all this nonsense. Ask Sherika when the takeover happens.

#7 jodi_22n

• 122 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:40 AM

Would that explain why they tried to change my wedding package details ?

i have had to argue about the photographer as when we booked last april we were told we had a photographer included
                i contacted michael about a month ago who advised me that the wedding packages no longer include photography!!!
                so i went mad at my travel agent who confirmed that i would definately get everything that we have on the list
                fingers crossed sherika will agree

#8 twinklelittlestar

• 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

I dont think they can change what you already signed a contract for. but that might fall in the same terms as if a company went under after you've already signed a contract. This is why we are thinking about getting wedding insurance. A lot of the resorts are having troubling times with this economy and we don't want to be victims financially if they decide to change things in our contract after we already signed it.

#9 chrissymt

• 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

After doing a little more research and talking with my TA, I found out that sunwing is taking over half of all of the RIU properties from sunquest - but not until november. Sorry to cause stress to anyone getting married before that, but for some that are getting married after november, talk to your ta.

#10 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Oh good, that is after my wedding date! But i hope all of you November and after brides find out early!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users