Photo

Blood Tests required in Cancun Hospital before wedding

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 KimmyD

KimmyD
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

I understand that the blood test is done at the resort and it is all very sterile and professional. It ends up not being a very big deal. I hate getting blood drawn - it totally wigs me out, but I am doing it. I dont think it should stop you from anything.
    http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
    28 Booked + Bride & Groom
    78 Room Nights!

#12 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
    • 235 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

Me and FI are planning on having a legal ceremony in Mexico also. I agree with KimmyD, it is not going to be a big deal as long as your resort is handling it. FI does not want to get married here and than have symbolic in Mexico.
      ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#13 countrybride

countrybride
      • 40 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:48 AM

It sounds like getting married in Canada after we come back to mexico it easier...

#14 msglave

msglave
        • 933 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:24 AM

We're doing it legal there. I'm afraid that if we do it at home first, I'll feel like we're already married.
          The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
          Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
          www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#15 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
          • 74 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

Hey - I wasn't too keen on the blood tests either, but decided it's a small price to pay for getting married in such a beautiful location!
            I'd check with the hotel first, like some of the other brides mine's included in the price and the doctor comes to your hotel room - so doesn't sound like too much hassle!

#16 midnight24

midnight24
            • 754 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

we just got married legally in mexico a couple weeks ago and it was so easy...i don't know why people think it is such a hassle.

the resort we stayed at has a doctors office, we went & did the test, paid cash and they gave us a receipt to see if we can get reimbursed with our health insurance plans back home. the whole thing took about 15 minutes if that.

so simple.

#17 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
              • 235 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by midnight24
                we just got married legally in mexico a couple weeks ago and it was so easy...i don't know why people think it is such a hassle.

the resort we stayed at has a doctors office, we went & did the test, paid cash and they gave us a receipt to see if we can get reimbursed with our health insurance plans back home. the whole thing took about 15 minutes if that.

so simple.
                Thanks for your review. I didn't think it would be a big deal and you confirmed it. It doesn't seem like a hassle compared to all the wedding planning some people are doing with all the DIY projects.
                ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#18 Ashley*

Ashley*
                • 206 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

I origionally thought this was a big deal, but the more I think about it, it's really not. My coutnry used to do this also, the only thing that is a pain is having to be there so early before the wedding, but, we planned on being there anyways to get everything arranged. From what I hear, you can go to a hospital if you prefer instead of your room.
                  Dreams Los Cabos is where I'll be on four twenty-three, 2011.

#19 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
                  • 590 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amywuts
                    Is there anyone who has already gotten married and did get their blood taken? I was wondering how experienced they are in taking your blood. My FI has always had a hard time getting his blood taken and we definitely don't want a noobie at it probing his poor arms. Any wise words?
                    We got married in Feb. and had a legal wedding. Our resort had a medical clinic on the property which was where we had to go to get the blood taken. It was super clean and totally modern. The nurse was great. I've been poked and prodded in Canada butchering both arms before they found my vein, and in Mexico it was quite possibly the best and smoothest I have ever experienced. No reason to worry.

#20 mexico102

mexico102
                    • 300 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the reassurance. We really want to have a legal ceremony down in Mexico, not legal here first. I was starting to have second thoughts because it seems that the majority don't do legal. Thanks for this thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users