Jump to content

Photo

Sandals Whitehouse (Jamiaca) - Resort photo packages


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kim&Rich

Kim&Rich
  • Newbie
  • 7 posts

    Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

    Hi, I have my heart set on having my weddingmoon at Sandals Whitehouse.

    I have not found the Sandals Wedding info on their website that helpful but I have managed to find some more info regarding photograph packages.

    I have seen that there is an option to purchase the:

    Simply Romantic $1200
    You’ll take pleasure in (36) 5x7 prints and (6) 8x10 prints in an exquisite ivory & gold matted album. You’ll also receive(42) digital negatives. - which is good as you also get the 42 photos on CD so you can make extra copies.


    I have also seen you can purchase:

    Feeling creative? Produce your own WeddingMoon album by selecting images with our a la carte pricing...
    (1 5x7 Prints & Standard Album $355
    (24) 5x7 Prints & Standard Album $460
    (36) 5x7 Prints & Standard Album $650
    (4 5x7 Prints & Standard Album $820
    (6) 8x10 Prints & Standard Album $150
    (12) 8x10 Prints & Standard Album $290
    (1 8x10 Prints & Standard Album $410
    (24)8x10 Prints & Standard Album $510


    Do you know if you can just purchase individual photos at a rate per photo to be put onto a Cd (and what cost) and then get them printed back home or whether you can pay to get say 5x7 individual photos printed and then make you own wedding album up at home (and what cost for each printed photot).

    Thanks Kim.

    #2 Kim&Rich

    Kim&Rich
    • Newbie
    • 7 posts

      Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

      I don't know why the "cool" symbol is displaying but where the cool symbol is displayed the number is "8".


      Kim.

      #3 weechie7

      weechie7
      • Newbie
      • 3 posts

        Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

        I was married at Sandals Whitehouse and selected the (6) 8x10 prints & standard album package $150. I was informed by my travel agent that I MUST select a photograph package in order to secure a photographer for the wedding and reception. That information was completely false! When we went to SnapShots (the photo shop at Sandals) to preview our photos, we were informed because we had "prepaid" for the photo package we could not make any changes or select a different photo package. The price is $20 US per image on a CD for wedding photos. At the time I was there, the images were "as is" with no editing provided. Despite the problems with the photos I would still highly recommend Sandals Whitehouse for your wedding.

        Michele.

        #4 Lisa7

        Lisa7
        • Newbie
        • 36 posts

          Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

          It might have changed since we got married there, it was $20/pic and $20/negative. We got the negatives after we returned home and we actually were able to negotiate a price for the negatives that we got.

          I would also highly recommend getting the video. Everyone says it goes by so fast and it does! It's wonderful to have that too

          #5 Crystal&David

          Crystal&David
          • Jr. Member
          • 199 posts

            Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by weechie7
            I was married at Sandals Whitehouse and selected the (6) 8x10 prints & standard album package $150. I was informed by my travel agent that I MUST select a photograph package in order to secure a photographer for the wedding and reception. That information was completely false! When we went to SnapShots (the photo shop at Sandals) to preview our photos, we were informed because we had "prepaid" for the photo package we could not make any changes or select a different photo package. The price is $20 US per image on a CD for wedding photos. At the time I was there, the images were "as is" with no editing provided. Despite the problems with the photos I would still highly recommend Sandals Whitehouse for your wedding.

            Michele.
            Hello Michele,
            Can you please tell me when you were at Whitehouse? We will be getting married there in May, and would love to buy the CD pictures vs the prints and album.....

            Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance for your time!!!!! :)
            http://www.theweddin...icker/28996.png

            Crystal & DavidMay 3, 2010

            #6 BakersGirl

            BakersGirl
            • Jr. Member
            • 324 posts

              Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

              I agree Crystal - I would rather buy the cd and print pictures once we get home too. I want to make sure we have the photographer for the length of time that we need him, but I don't want to commit to a package and then not have that many pictures that we want. Plus, we will have friends and family there taking pics. Do any of the Sandals TA's on here have any suggestions. I am afraid that when I ask my Miami WC that she isn't going to be straight with me and simply try to make the sale.
              :
              Kelly & Michael
              May 2, 2010
              http://www.weddingco.../o102zbhsyi.png

              #7 Crystal&David

              Crystal&David
              • Jr. Member
              • 199 posts

                Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by BakersGirl
                I agree Crystal - I would rather buy the cd and print pictures once we get home too. I want to make sure we have the photographer for the length of time that we need him, but I don't want to commit to a package and then not have that many pictures that we want. Plus, we will have friends and family there taking pics. Do any of the Sandals TA's on here have any suggestions. I am afraid that when I ask my Miami WC that she isn't going to be straight with me and simply try to make the sale.

                Kelly ----> I just sent our WC an e-mail asking for other photo option rather than such large prices, explaining that we wanted the negatives or CD to print off our pictures for family and friends when we return home. I will let you know what I am told.... :)
                http://www.theweddin...icker/28996.png

                Crystal & DavidMay 3, 2010

                #8 TATrisha

                TATrisha

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 12,377 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
                • LocationWisconsin

                Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

                Devils advocate... but did you ever think about flying in a photographer? I have heard that if you have them stay at the Sandals property for three nights as your guest you can use them (and I had no troubles when I photographed a wedding at Sandals Negril in November).
                I've entered a few airport combinations, and it all comes in right around $2,000 for two people to fly and stay at the Whitehouse for three nights.
                If you can find a photographer who is portfolio building, and they will let you pay right around the $2,000 mark, is it worth it?

                With the prices listed above, that's the cost of only 100 pictures on a disc. And remember, those 100 pictures aren't even edited (per the post above... I don't know if that's true).

                So you can have 100 pictures from the resort, or you can pay for two professional photographers to fly down, capture at least 2 days worth of photos (wedding and trash the dress) and provide probably close to 500-1000 images on a disc.

                Just a thought.

                ~Trisha~

                Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
                www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

                Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

                 
                Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                 
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


                #9 springbride2010

                springbride2010
                • Newbie
                • 12 posts

                  Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

                  Hey Crystal...you are getting married on May 3 Sandals...We are getting Married on May 3 in Cuba....but then going to Sandals on May 5 from there for a honeymoon...you'll probably still be there...

                  #10 weechie7

                  weechie7
                  • Newbie
                  • 3 posts

                    Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:23 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Crystal&David
                    Hello Michele,
                    Can you please tell me when you were at Whitehouse? We will be getting married there in May, and would love to buy the CD pictures vs the prints and album.....

                    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance for your time!!!!! :)
                    Crystal,

                    We were married at Whitehouse April 18th, 2009. We were able to negotiate the price of the CD pictures with the manager from the photo shop because we were not happy with the overall quality of the pictures. However we did buy approximately 40 of the CD pictures that we were able to edit and print. We also did a photobook through Shutterfly for my parents and in-laws which they loved. I would recommend waiting until you get there to choose your photo or CD package. You can do what I did, purchase the smallest photo package that includes the album for $150 and select the CD pictures that you like. Good luck!

                    Michele.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users