Photo

Looking for quality Starfish and Seashells?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 jeninesmom

jeninesmom
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

ive ordered my starfish and bought my raffia!
    My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

#22 Island Bride

Island Bride
    • 330 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

Ohh awesome! Just an FYI the raffia is a pain in the BUTT to work with!! We're still not 100% certain how to stick the starfish onto the raffia. As of right now were using hot glue but im not sure its gonna hold If you have any suggestions, please tell me!

#23 staceysbride

staceysbride
      • 245 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

Island Bride:

I ended up ordering a while back and have been SO busy with this particular rotation I am on (am in last year of med school) combined with boards the match finding a place to live that I completely have done NOTHING for my wedding. *looks at a calendar in dismay* I have to get my @$$ in gear though, these bags have to be finished by May 14th! I'm done with my rotations then, and there will not be time to assemble and ship during moving and graduation. I just need a moment to let out a scream
        LadyD-the sand dollars I got are 1"-1 1/4" I just wanted them for my centerpieces.

Staceysbride-Im actually using those mini starfish to do what you wanna do with the sand dollars! Ive been ordering so much lately that I cant keep up with it all anymore, but I know I got the shells less than a week after I ordered them and I want to say there shipping was really cheap! I'll have to go find my receipt for you to clear that up. I'm still so stoked on how lucky I got with them being so perfect! When checking out enter "seashells" in the coupon code box and it gives you like 5% off your whole order.

#24 Island Bride

Island Bride
        • 330 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Staceysbride- Oh wow girl! You got alot on your plate! I'm really backed up too and I dont work and Im out of school! So I can only imagine what you are going thru! The starfish on the sand dollar is cute! I would definitly think glue would work to stick the starfish on the sand dollar. I would say make sure its really strong glue so you dont have any oopsy's! If your really stressed for time maybe just do every other one starfish and every other sand dollar instead of combining them both cuz that could turn out to be alot of work pending on how many guests you have. I'll be having more than 100 guests so that's way too much work for me haha. Well I wish you luck on everything!! Wish I could help you out in some way! I still dont even have everyone booked for my own wedding yet tsk tsk.

#25 nolabride10

nolabride10
          • 202 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

I also love this idea, Thanks for sharing the site Island Bride.

#26 c&j

c&j
            • 113 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for sharing!

Secrets Maroma Beach

#27 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
              • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Love the site - thx :-)
                http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

#28 Bpink62581

Bpink62581
                • 210 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

AWESOME site! Thanks for sharing! I wanted to do something like this for the chairs as well :)

#29 skadow

skadow
                  • Banned
                  • 1,853 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

This is an awesome site. I intend on using in when I get a little closer to the wedding. I plan on putting a starfish on every plate. At first I was going to do to fans, but I was told those wouldn't be the best for the men. I think starfish will help work as a great.

#30 jeninesmom

jeninesmom
                    • 74 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

We had covered chairs. I put the starfish with raffia on the back of the chairs with mirror two sided tape.
                      My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users