Photo

Looking for quality Starfish and Seashells?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

Walmart has seashells too

#12 PVBride2010

PVBride2010
    • 157 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:41 AM

I ordered small starfishs from oriental trading, none of them were broke but they were really small. They had a very fishy odor, they are still on my back porch--dont know if I'm gonna use them b.c I dont want them stinkin up my suitcase!

#13 indy_chic

indy_chic
      • 336 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

WOW - I just priced an order thru Oriental Trading for starfish - my total order was $16.99 - they were going to charge $25.00 for shipping.

Bummer, I can't find anything in Canada.

#14 Island Bride

Island Bride
        • 330 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

I got my order TWO days after I ordered it! And I am not kidding you when I say NOT A SINGLE STARFISH WAS BROKEN! There is 25 perfect sugar starfish now waiting for me to make my aisle decorations!

Click the image to open in full size.

I really only needed about 10 of these, but I was keeping the thought in the back of my head that what if I only got lucky the first time I ordered from them and there not always that perfect. I was wrong.. again! These do have a tiny bit of an odor to them though. I just cut the bags open and stuck em in my garage and they're already smelling better!

#15 Island Bride

Island Bride
          • 330 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

PVBride2010-sorry to hear that I was really worried about that too. Read the reviews on oriental trading companys shells and everyone complained of them stinking really bad. The ones I got from this place do not have an odor at all and there is 100 of them in each bag.

Negrilbridetoo- All the shells I saw at Wal Mart and the local craft stores had been picked thru and only the broken ones were left. I got desperate and decided to take my chances ordering off the internet.

Indy_chic-Im not sure how much shipping would cost you from this place, but I know they are located in Florida. My shipping was about $8 and I live in Florida.

#16 Sunandsand

Sunandsand
            • 126 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

This is exactly what I was looking for. My brother travels to the US for work so I'm going to have these shipped to his workplace. He's gonna hate me ... but whatever ....

#17 jeninesmom

jeninesmom
              • 74 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

awesome idea, I'm going to copy it! WHere did you get your string stuff?
                My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

#18 Island Bride

Island Bride
                • 330 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

Jeninesmom- I actually bought my curly raffia at our local craft store, Hobby Lobby.

Sunandsand- You truly will not regret ordering from this place. They rock!

Here is a picture of my practice one:

Its a little messy cuz everyone was tugging and pulling at it to see if they hot glue would really hold up.

#19 hoyt75

hoyt75
                  • 371 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

This place is awesome! I just placed my order today and I can't wait to get everything in! We're having a very small wedding so I didn't need as much as others, but still, can't wait! AND, very reasonably priced :)

#20 Island Bride

Island Bride
                    • 330 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hoyt75- I agree! They were very well priced! But unfortunate for you.. the more you order the CHEAPER they are! Wow, i see your wedding is 2 weeks away! Good Luck girl! Hope everything goes as planned!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users