Sign in to follow this  
Island Bride

Looking for quality Starfish and Seashells?

Ohh awesome! Just an FYI the raffia is a pain in the BUTT to work with!! We're still not 100% certain how to stick the starfish onto the raffia. As of right now were using hot glue but im not sure its gonna hold sad.gif If you have any suggestions, please tell me!

Island Bride:

I ended up ordering a while back and have been SO busy with this particular rotation I am on (am in last year of med school) combined with boards the match finding a place to live that I completely have done NOTHING for my wedding. *looks at a calendar in dismay* I have to get my @$$ in gear though, these bags have to be finished by May 14th! I'm done with my rotations then, and there will not be time to assemble and ship during moving and graduation. I just need a moment to let out a scream hissyfit.gif , everything is all of sudden going way too fast. LMAO

Anyway, I was originally going to put the little starfish alone on the fans, but then thought of how cute a sand dollar would be, and THEN how cute a sand dollar and a tiny starfish over it would be. I swear, I don't know WTF I was thinking- but I'm hoping it all works out. lol

my plan is to use craft wire (the reallllly thin kind) in the ribbon wrapped around the handle and a bit of glue to hold it all in place. Basically, craft wire through the holes on the sand dollar and that's around the handle, with a dot of glue, then the ribbon to cover (or maybe the wire is on top of the ribbon but covered by the wrapping of said ribbon- you get the idea) and the starfish will most likely be glued to the sand dollar. Maybe it will be suspended from the holes with ribbon or such. I'll have to sit down and play with it to figure out how I want to do it.

At this rate, I just need to find the place I'm ordering my fans from- and then I can start the undertaking of putting together these darn bags....

---Nikki-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Bride View Post
LadyD-the sand dollars I got are 1"-1 1/4" I just wanted them for my centerpieces.

Staceysbride-Im actually using those mini starfish to do what you wanna do with the sand dollars! Ive been ordering so much lately that I cant keep up with it all anymore, but I know I got the shells less than a week after I ordered them and I want to say there shipping was really cheap! I'll have to go find my receipt for you to clear that up. I'm still so stoked on how lucky I got with them being so perfect! When checking out enter "seashells" in the coupon code box and it gives you like 5% off your whole order.

Staceysbride- Oh wow girl! You got alot on your plate! I'm really backed up too and I dont work and Im out of school! So I can only imagine what you are going thru! The starfish on the sand dollar is cute! I would definitly think glue would work to stick the starfish on the sand dollar. I would say make sure its really strong glue so you dont have any oopsy's! If your really stressed for time maybe just do every other one starfish and every other sand dollar instead of combining them both cuz that could turn out to be alot of work pending on how many guests you have. I'll be having more than 100 guests so that's way too much work for me haha. Well I wish you luck on everything!! Wish I could help you out in some way! I still dont even have everyone booked for my own wedding yet sad.gif tsk tsk.

This is an awesome site. I intend on using in when I get a little closer to the wedding. I plan on putting a starfish on every plate. At first I was going to do to fans, but I was told those wouldn't be the best for the men. I think starfish will help work as a great.